Giving up smoking (again)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:28 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I always used to be extremely fit and healthy but a year I ago I started smoking, went from a casual thing to a 10 - 15 a day habit until last June when I quit until October. My gf left me for someone else and old habits die hard, especially as I started smoking properly when going through a previous break up, big trigger I guess.

I have taken the decision to quit again and get fit and healthy once more, I read the "easy way to stop smoking forever" by Allen Carr before which is AMAZING and got me through the last time until I started again during my self destructive post break up phase.

But any other advice to make this easier? Any experience and insight would be appreciated. I am going cold turkey, because nicotine replacement seems like a bizarre con to me and its more expensive than cigarettes.

I smoked my (hopefully) last cigarette about an hour before making this post so I have begun. Wish me luck and I will be updating this in case anyone else wants advice or inspiration.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Get an ecig. Nicolites are pretty good. 11 months and counting since my last cigarette and it was easy. Plus, with ecigs you still keep the social aspect of smoking and go outside to chat to the lady smokers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:17 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey,Smoking is a bad habit so we should be avoid the smoking because it is not good for the health and fitness of the body.Smoking causes of the mentally stress and the lungs cancer diseases.According to me that walk and exercise works are the best solution for quit the smoking.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:09 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I failed after making this post, but now I quit again NYE and I now haven't smoked for three weeks and have literally had no withdrawal pangs. I reread "The Easyway to stop smoking" by Allen Carr and I feel as though it really sank in and all the psychological brainwashing and dependency has been stripped away, I felt like a non-smoker from day one.

Been going running, working up to a half marathon in a couple of months.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:30 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Okay good job on the quitting smoking again. I shall give you the best advice for smoking 1 year an 30 days ago i was smoking 20 a day, 40 on weekends. An im 100% sure i will never go back to smoking i have not read Alan carrs book. I have heard some very good reviews of it though but it still doesn't kill the root of why you smoke.

Too quit smoking for good find the reason why you smoke me personally when i was young i wanted to be cool an fit in with the crowd. I quickly changed it too well iv fucked over 100 women doesn't that make me cool do i really need smoking in my life. After that the first week was hard because nicotine is about 10% of smoking addiction the other 90% is psychological. Some people smoke just too feel in control. Kill the root cause an then when your having a shitty day you wont go back to smoking. I was put to the test last year with some big problems in my life smoking again was never an option.

viewtopic.php?p=475520#475520

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

That is a problem with a lot of people and i have seen that as well,Basically its about treating things in a better way and smoking can cause some serious problems with health like you are facing so keeping yourself away from it can help you actually.

Intouchemr physical therapy emr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:19 am 
PUA Forum Leader

My girlfriend has gone traveling and I am still not smoking, missed it a few times because I had some side effects.

Nicotine keeps you regular, and I suffered terrible constipation and stomach bloating. It seems to be settling down a little but after two months without a smoke I feel there must be another cause and I have an appointment to see a doctor next week.

I am weight lifting, doing a ton of cardio and I have even started Yoga. I am on a major self improvement and self love kick at the moment and I am really motivated and enjoying it.