What is the best workout for upper body muscle gain?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:24 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

wow quite a change, thanks I will be trying this out then!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm 
English Muffin

Thanx.

If you have a smart phone , get the strong lift 5x5 app, does all the calculating for you so no pen or paper. (Free)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:48 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Well done Pebble! Damn! How long did that take you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 pm 
English Muffin

Cheers, about a year

Gutted though, I got so close but suddenly got kidney stones so I've lost a lot of muscle.

Will get back to it in future though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:20 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I had gotten to the point where I would do my workout go home and after a few hours I would not know I had done one so I was going every day.

Yesterday I got the gym instructor to show me the proper method for squats and barbell rows and did the Squat -> bench press -> barbell row like the 5x5 suggests and boy can I still feel that in the muscles today!!

And no joint pain anywhere!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:43 pm 
English Muffin

Happy for you bro.

So bascially you don't have to go to the gym as much and you get more benefit and bang for your buck since the compound exercises all assist and complement each other.

You are bascially killing lots of birds with one stone.

Make sure your form is spot on consistently, I fucked up and did like 7 months of squats up to about 130kg with shit form, surprised I didn't fuck up my back.

Learn from my mistake(s)

My other mistake was I was a bit sloppy with my diet and didn't count calories, still got a bit of a gut as a result, again I made this mistake so you don't have to ;)

Goodluck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:08 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks, the gym instructor said my squatting form was very good.

I have never been fat, always been a beanpole so that won't be an issue and I play a lot of sport as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:24 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:

I have never been fat, always been a beanpole so that won't be an issue and I play a lot of sport as well.
Yea, so then lift heavy, eat a lot, and sleep a lot, and you will have a great body in under a year. Be careful with squat form, a lot of trainers don't have a freaking clue how to squat...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm 
English Muffin

Quote:
Quote:

Yea, so then lift heavy, eat a lot, and sleep a lot, and you will have a great body in under a year. Be careful with squat form, a
Quote:
You really have over complicated it.

I could make a long post but don't wanna fill your head with gobbleDegook.

It would help when you are talking to girls is to go in there and break the ice with some humour, start teasing them and bust their balls/take the piss.

Even be cocky and funny.

You can introduce the sexual-element later when you are used to making them laugh and having a good convo.

I get the feeling that you just get stuck on the indirect opener and never get away from it, try direct, it's straight to the point and you will find out fast if she is interested or not.

About to mention that myself. That's the truth.

My 'instructor' was a retard.

I did the research myself and I found that Mark Rippetoe material was very useful for me and got a friend to watch some vids of my form

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

How long does it take you guys to recover from squats then?

I could still feel mondays squats in the leg muscles when I went in again today lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:56 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:

I could still feel mondays squats in the leg muscles when I went in again today lol
When you get more advanced, you probably want to work out a muscle group 1x a week or maybe 1x every 5 days max. When you are starting out I think once every 3 days is fine. Do not worry about soreness, that doesn't mean anything but if you have doubt, rest, it's only been two days.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:01 pm 
English Muffin

Quote:

I could still feel Mondays squats in the leg muscles when I went in again today lol

Your body is in shock at 1st, so the for the 1st few weeks your used muscles will ache like CRAZY.

But once your body gets used to the routine, It becomes like a good tightness type of feeling and is not so hard being mobile. Its just that 1st dip is the worst part.

My biggest lifts are:

Squats = 150kg
Bench= 80kg (im a little weak on the bench)
Deadlift= 200kg
Over head press= 75kg
Row= 70kg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:23 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I don't know if this is as much mental as physical but having been on it for a few weeks now, by the end of my working shift which is all spent standing up, my legs aren't feeling as ruined as they were before.

Before the joints felt destroyed by the end and they still get bad by the end but not as bad as before.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Dumbbell, barbell exercises , push-ups, pull-ups , hanging lift back, sit-ups

Abdominal Training Tips Abdominal fat is the body most likely to accumulate the site, the site is more difficult to practice . Some people do hundreds of sit-ups a day , the effect is not obvious. The reason is that the abdominal muscles covered with a thick layer of fat , if you exercise the right way , only the practice of fat below the muscle , burn fat , but not fully . Unlike other frequency abdominal muscles , must often be stimulated , at least a week to practice four times , each time for about 15 minutes. Many people do hundreds of sit-ups again , I suggest you pick three pairs of your most effective practice , only three groups of 20 ? 25 times, are so exhausted . Each suite interval should be short, no more than 1 minute. Each group should achieve complete exhaustion , not the number of calculations . To continually do this until no longer shrink far not arched , but the chest slightly embedded so tension focused on the abdomen. The more upper body stretched straight . The more hard buttocks , abdominal force will be reduced. Here are three exercises crunches lying on the ground , legs resting on the long board , in order to make the upper body strength of abdominal crunches . Do the movements do not stretch too head forward , and even touch the legs , so that the back will leave the ground , the hips will share the work carried out by the abdominal muscles . Restore shoulder slowly down the ground , abdominal always taut. When doing this exercise a lot of people like to put his hand on the head, but the role of the hand -ups just pull your head forward , there is no benefit for abdominal training , with a fist on his chest is not the case . Alice leg crunches This is an advanced action , it could also practicing abdominal and lower abdomen. Sit on the ground, right leg bent to pick up , legs parallel to the ground . Then his left foot resting on the right knee , his hands gently prop head , picked up the upper body muscle contraction . Buttocks while on the move , take action to start . Can not touch the ground when restoring shoulder , buttocks slow decentralization , so that the abdominal muscles remain tense contraction. After doing the same for the left leg movements. Recumbency ups training obliques . Supine , the two sides together Tuiqu Xi aside . Put the legs on one side of the road shoulder Stretch . Fingers open and stays . Other arm elbow , hand light prop head . Ups can not rotate the trunk , directly on the pick up , his legs can not move . Abdominal oblique lie completely tightened , do not touch the ground when restoring shoulder . Then do the same for the other side of the action . Abdominal training very hard and requires a lot of concentration and willpower to have exceeded the limits of the body . When the body can not afford , we should adhere to teeth , so as to Enhancing the abdominal muscles . Constitute the three major muscles of the human body bodybuilding - pectoralis major, highly favored and fitness enthusiasts to pursue .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:16 am 
English Muffin

Paragraphs. Lack of.