Pride in everything?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

Post subject: Pride in everything?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I see a lot about people talking about eating the right things, dressing right, and more importantly hating the job you do or lacking pride.

I work as a fishmonger, and make a semi-decent living doing so. Now most would say its a shitty, smelly job. But I'm proud of it, as its money in the bank.

I was reading online and ive spoke guys and girls who work not so amazing jobs, yet have pride in what they do. And taking pride in everything is an attractive trait.

So with that, my question is: should you take pride in everything you do? Even if the job you work is shit, even for the time being?

JP

Just from learning small parts here, I've come a long way for me!

Post subject: Re: Pride in everything?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:01 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Great Question JP, I was running into this before I started learning about interesting skills.

In short the best way of thinking about crap jobs is the PERSON makes the JOB, not the job makes the person.

If you take your job seriously then you could be the trash collector, but you will add prestige and honor to the point people will feel better from knowing you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Great Question JP, I was running into this before I started learning about interesting skills.

In short the best way of thinking about crap jobs is the PERSON makes the JOB, not the job makes the person.

If you take your job seriously then you could be the trash collector, but you will add prestige and honor to the point people will feel better from knowing you.

I couldn't agree more! I take my job as a fishmonger with a lot of pride and I feel proud to be in such a profession, despite the smelling after work...

Just from learning small parts here, I've come a long way for me!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I agree that you should take pride in your job. Believe it or not, it does show in your personality in other areas of your life. I work as a mechanic and it astonishes me to see the lack of pride that my fellow coworkers exhibit. Most of them are there just collecting a paycheck and have no pride in the work that they perform or any ambition to improve the quality of their work.

I would be a hypocrite if I said I didn't have my bad days, but being able to take pride in your daily activities is laying the foundation for other aspects of your life.