Asking for advice for a style

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey, i guess this is the right subforum to ask for advices for building my style.
When i was TEEN i used to have long curly hair (it's natural curly when it's long) and i was like a member of Whitesnake. After my prom i cut it, because i wanted some change and to make my hair recover from lots of things i used to do with it. So i decided two years ago to make it long again. Now my hair is long again but the difference is that i comb it backwards. Here is a photo how i look like with my hair combed backwards (the photo with the microphone). When i was choosing my prom's clothes i chose to have black fedora hat, that i still wear. (the photo with the people around me). And last year on my birthday my friends made me present a hat, a scarf and a shirt that i now wear, because it's winter (the last photo).
So i prefer wearing shirts, because t-shirts seems to be more usual clothes for me and i think i'm more attractive wearing Shirts. What advices can you give me, to make my style more attractive. My hair is kind of brown, i'm think if i make it black would be better?

Attachments:
1012658_799236153435618_2019502846_n.jpg
1012658_799236153435618_2019502846_n.jpg [ 70.3 KiB | Viewed 8563 times ]
10306644_735212546525673_2396386876287714065_n.jpg
10306644_735212546525673_2396386876287714065_n.jpg [ 54.43 KiB | Viewed 8563 times ]
10154311_10201624568116385_1195963650_n.jpg
10154311_10201624568116385_1195963650_n.jpg [ 48.31 KiB | Viewed 8563 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:04 pm 

My advice:

1) Lose the fedora. I know, I know... you seem to like it. Trust me, lose it.

2) You're right about button up shirts being better then t-shirts but your wearing a size or two too big in them. Google "slim fit button down" and look at how they fit. Fit is extremely important.

3) While you're not fat you could still lose some body fat in order to make your face more attractive. Aim for around 10% bodyfat.

4) Go see a high end male stylist and ask him for a sexy hair style and make sure he shows you how to style it and what the best product to use it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 pm 
English Muffin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZlvmI4nDUc

Fashionbeans.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thank you both for the advices :) I'm very grateful
EDIT: About the fedora i wear (the black one) there are two reasons i use it:
1. When i'm with the fedora, lot's of girls sees me and when i'm in clubs women use the fedora like opener, like trying to get the hat or saying "nice hat" or something like this.
2. When there is wind outside it makes my hair messy. I am worried of using some gel everyday, cause it's not good for the hair.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:11 pm 
Dedicated Member

The problem I have with those two fedoras is that they are huge on your head. It doesn't look right. Look for a smaller one. It looks too chunky. Maybe ditch it all together.

Better fitted shirts. Maybe a good vest.

If it were me I'd get a haircut from a reputable stylist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:21 pm 

I agree with the other posters.

No good comes from a fedora in pickup. They're so common they aren't even considered peacocking anymore... Not that I've ever really been into peacocking -

You almost look like you sorta... kinda.... have a mullet too. Is this accurate?

If so - you know what to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:32 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Someone read my mind!

Ditch the fedora and get a button up shirt that fits better.

Haircut? Try to grow it longer put in a pony tail and grow a beard, kinda stylish right now. It has to be a rugged look not homeless.

And gym can help.

Otherwise not bad :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

No, no, no, no. I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh here, but you look like a parody of what NOT to do. I seriously thought you were actually trolling at first.

1. I think you would benefit from a haircut. Some men can pull off the long hair look, some can't. You are a fringe case. Stay on the safe side and get it cut short. It would look better.
2. Go lift. For real. You look like the kind of guy that would greatly benefit from it. You have decent facial aesthetics, and could easily become really hot if you lifted consistently.
3. Ditch the scarf while indoors. It looks pretty gay.
4. Get shirts that actually FIT you. Ideally, get them tailored. Stay away from patterns (at least until you have developed some sense of what is stylish and what is not) And, for Christ's sake, NO SHORT SLEEVES. Just get a normal shirt and roll up your sleeves as needed.
5. The fedora. Burn it. NOW. I don't mean to sound superficial, but I automatically stay clear from ANYONE wearing a fedora in real life. Google "fedora meme" if you wanna get a deeper insight into what everyone thinks of you when you wear it. I don't care about your hair. Yet another reason to cut it. And yeah, girls might talk to you because of it, but that's just because any type of headwear is hilarious when drunk (for real, you can get the exact same effect with a snapback). That's about it though. It still is a big DLV and hindering you more than helping you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:21 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

A few things from me. . .

As far as hair, fix it, dude!

When I was 20 years old, my hair was jet black, perfectly straight, and went down to my ass. I took REALLY good care of my hair, and girls loved it. I joined the military and off went all my hair.

My standard hair cut is now: #1 Fade, Boxed in the Back, leave some on the top.

Two examples of how this hairstyle can look:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/295548794270799427/

Notice the longer hair on top. Chicks dig the fuck out of this hair style.

For a cleaner cut #1 fade boxed in the back, you can get more off the top, which looks like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 4b3565.jpg

You should take advice from people here and probably go to a stylist. But if you're too cheap for that, then you should really consider Crew Style cuts. Clean cut, responsible looking, something you can style around or just ignore.

As for your worry about using gel. I don't know what to tell you, except that gel can do wonders with your hair. Example:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... ca034d.jpg

This is sexy right now. The retro look, clean cut, but bad-boyish. If you don't want a beard, fine; but don't ignore some mild sideburns coming to the bottom of your ear lobe. They put off a tough feel kind of.

And for shirts. Go to American Eagle and look at their long sleeve shirts. American Eagle is really good about having awesome looking shirts that go with a pair of jeans. Wal-Mart shirts don't fit worth a crap, they're either going to be too baggy, or too tight. American Eagle is typically generally tailored for Sexy.

You need to stand out, but not by looking goofy. This is just me, and how I stand out; but I love jewelry. This is just something about me personally, I like necklaces, I like bracelets, I like rings. I am really into turquoise, jade, and southwestern style jewelry. I do my own silversmithing, so my jewelry is almost all handmade by me. So I wear four rings, one of which has a blue turquoise stone, the other has a white buffalo turquoise stone, then two standard silver rings. I made all of these myself. I also wear a bright green jade bracelet, and sometimes I double up on bracelets on my right wrist, so Ill also have an elephant ivory bracelet.

For a necklace I wear a beautiful silver chain that I made myself, as well as a silver arrowhead shape pendant, inlaid with brown dinosaur bone, which I made myself.

On my left wrist I wear a Rolex Submariner. Now I don't wear the Rolex for bragging points, I NEVER mention the watch brand. It was a gift from my dad when I graduated basic training, he's had it since 1977, I also run a clock repair business & I'm learning watch repair; so I wear a Rolex. Here's the thing about the Submariner style watch, though; it goes with everything. It's not a super-fancy looking watch, but it cannot go unnoticed, either. It's silver in color, it's simple looking, but it is dressy to a degree. I wear mine all the time, I have for 8 years now. And before that I wore an off-brand submariner. I never take it off, even when I sleep.

Here's a picture of a Rolex Submariner:

http://www.adpost.com/classifieds/uploa ... 6498.1.jpg

It's unrealistic to expect someone to pay for a Rolex, but there is a solution.

For a submariner style watch, you can get one for a little over $100, and they are good quality, and look almost identical to a Rolex. It's called an Invicta Submariner.

http://pose.com.vn/images/baiviet/2013/ ... 560723.jpg

Almost identical.

The thing for me is that I like jewelry already, it makes me feel good about myself to wear jewelry, and as an added bonus it gets me attention while not begging for it. Here are links to the types of jewelry I wear:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?. ... d=55586436
https://www.etsy.com/listing/150267266/ ... e-necklace
^^This is a necklace, but my bracelet is nearly identical. Except mine is prettier.
http://cdn.instructables.com/F0G/BRVY/G ... .LARGE.jpg
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/turquois ... 203004.jpg
^^The one I wear most looks like the one on the right
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Navajo-Mens-Whi ... 1530947079
^^The one I made is almost identical to this design.

Also, I'm heavily tattooed, so that drags in attention without begging; so many people are tattooed now, it's become a norm.

I'm not saying you should go out and get a bunch of jewelry and tattoos. I'm just saying that this is what works for me and it's how I truly feel comfortable, and gives me confidence when I'm out. And you should find what works for you, while still being in style and attractive.

One added bonus for me, too, is since I have two kids, I *think* that wearing rings brings attention to the most important finger; my left index finger, which has no ring on it. Women will assume I'm taken when I have my kids with me, so I need to bring attention to my hands, so they notice that my marriage finger is bare. Who knows if it's true, it was just my thinking.