No responses on Facebook

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

Post subject: No responses on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:45 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

So I've been trying to converse with people on Facebook, but I have been getting very little to no responses to my messages with those that I know. A month ago, I messaged from one girl whom I was acquainted with from my college years a few years ago. I messaged first saying "Hey ___, how have you been?! I don't know if you really remember me, since it's been over 4 years now, but we were both art majors at UCLA. We graduated the same year and we both were in the Senior Studio class at the end of our senior year." She responded on the same day I sent her the message saying "Hey yeah! I still remember seeing your meat illustration hahah how have you been and what've you been up to?" A few days later I responded to her saying "I am doing well. I have actually been taking additional science courses for grad school. How are things at the Design Center? It's a great place! I took some classes there years ago. If you have time in your schedule then maybe we can meet up for coffee at Starbucks. Just let me know." However, a month has passed and I still have gotten no response to my last message I sent her. A couple weeks ago, I tried messaging another girl who I met at a wedding two months ago. I message her first saying "Hey, How have you been?!" I got no response, though I knew that she was going to be in China for a while, which may have kept her somewhat too occupied to answer me right away. So I eventually messaged her again saying, "Hey, I hear that you have been in China for a while" but I still got no response. Last week, I tried contacting another person who was also at the same wedding where I met that 2nd girl I just mentioned. Furthermore, he happened to be an old friend of mine from several years ago. So I messaged him on facebook saying "Hey, how have you been?!" Though, I got no response from him either. Why is this happening to me? I know that experts on pick up and social skills say that if you fail then take it as a learning experience. Yet, I don't know how I can learn from the failures I have had on facebook. So what am I supposed to do?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:56 pm 
Dedicated Member

Simply put, you're investing wayyyyy too much.

You messaged a girl who "might not remember you???" on facebook and after 1 reply you write a rather long reply back and mention meeting up. In a nutshell your actions communicated to her "I am beneath you" (you might not remember me) and I would be really lucky if you spent some time with me.

What could you have done???? Well, after the first reply, keep the conversation light. Say something funny. Something she doesn't see coming. Gain her interest. Make her want to meet up with YOU, not the other way around.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:04 pm 
King Among Mortals

Facebook sucks for pick up.

But it can be done, follow vhou812's advice and move to texting ASAP.

Instead of
Quote:
"Hey ___, how have you been?! I don't know if you really remember me,
Try "Hey ___, how have you been? didn't we make out in my dorm once?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:32 pm 

This thread is a year old.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:43 pm 
King Among Mortals

Oh lol

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]