Starting a Social Circle from beginning.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

So at the moment, I don't have too many friends. Besides spending time with my cousin, I haven't done sh*t outside of my house. Now that I have a job and can have spending money, I've been really focused on fixing this problem.

So I'm going to do a bit of studying this weekend and go out next weekend to the mall with my cousin and just talk to random people and try to figure out the best way to pick up friends easily. I feel like making friends you plan to see again might be a bit hard at a place like the mall, but hey I'm limited on options SPAM.

Does anyone have any useful advice?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:07 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

i feel you, i only have my girlfriend at the moment and its going downhill..
i don't have any friends, and the only people i do kinda hangout with sometime are my co workers

i think to build a social circle again is to start going out, start being a regular at a bar or a place that you like to go and start inviting people to go there with you, or befriending the people that work there.. engage everyone and include everyone.. not only will you start finding a new circle of friends but u will be the alpha male of your social circle by including everyone. it will take time but you will get there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Good advice. I'll be this in mind.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Other things that have helped me in the past is the acquaintances I made at gym or your roommates, assuming you are sharing a flat.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:52 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm currently still with my parents. They couldn't pay the bills without me. I'll be there until next fall when I head off to college. Right now, I'm on a budget so I'm not sure if joining a gym is in the cards right now (closest one is a bit out of the way). I'm just trying to get by until I'm off to a bigger town next fall.

My week days a full. Between work and sleep I have a few hours of free time. What I do have is the weekends. So I may pick a good spot of entertainment and become a regular. Build up friends from there and work until I can get more time on my hands.

I'll keep you guys posted with what I decide to do. Right now. I'm tired. Work whooped my ASS tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So if u have free time at the Weekends, what would you normally do?

My question is about which hobbies are attractive to women. just going out isnt enough i think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey man.

If you are just looking to make some friends to hang out join Meetup.com. And get involved in activities in your local area and meet people with those similar interest (Yoga, hiking, drinking whatever). Since people there meet for the same reason.

Some of those people might become potential wingmen or women. Although I don't find my "normal" friends are the best wing people. Since it takes a certain type of person and drive to make the PUA lifestyle happen.

As far as meeting wingmen check out some local Facebook groups that might cater to your area. Forums like this are great to have in depth discussions about gaming. Where the facebook group discussions can have a little less depth. So for example in Toronto I am part of the RSD Toronto group where I meet new potential wings.

If you leave near or close to a major city should be able to find a local PUA group on facebook. If not then start one :) Create your own opportunities!

Stumped for a good opener at the bar? Check out the Pickup Buddy App - http://bit.ly/1pAxPT1
Quote:
So at the moment, I don't have too many friends. Besides spending time with my cousin, I haven't done sh*t outside of my house. Now that I have a job and can have spending money, I've been really focused on fixing this problem.

So I'm going to do a bit of studying this weekend and go out next weekend to the mall with my cousin and just talk to random people and try to figure out the best way to pick up friends easily. I feel like making friends you plan to see again might be a bit hard at a place like the mall, but hey I'm limited on options SPAM.

Does anyone have any useful advice?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:52 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
If you are just looking to make some friends to hang out join Meetup.com.

Meetup.com is a great idea for the OP. It's just like school from the standpoint that you start to see the same people every time and develop friendships/bonds over time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:20 pm 
Dedicated Member

The best thing to do is join a club or organisation (which I believe meetup as mentioned above helps you to do).

Join a club which interests you, and you instantly have a big pool of people you will see fairly regularly and have at least one thing in common with everyone you'll meet there. It can be a sports group or a language class or whatever. Just be friendly with people when you're there. And don't try it "play cool" or worry about coming across as "needy". Just tell them you're new to the area and haven't really had the opportunity to meet many people yet. People won't think you're weird and needy, they'll invite you along to things to help you fit in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Just going to repeat what other people have said about joining a club or group. It'd be tough (verging on the impossible) to meet people at the mall or in the street, but if you share an interest with them then you're already one step ahead.