Societies/organisations to get involved in after university/

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So at university I was social secretary for a football team, and virtually ran a separate social society on my own. However, now that I've left university, I'm looking for something similar to do but can't think of much.

I am a member of a cricket club in which I get involved in coaching etc. but there are a lot of more 'senior' (older) members who occupy the committee roles.

What sort of thing or sort of club can I get involved in which will allow me to organise events, and get involved in the running of some sort of organisation/be involved in a committee type SPAM?! I don't mind if it's not being in charge as such, but I would like to have a society where I can take on some responsibilities and really get involved in it - having something like this as an extra curricular activity is great for a good all round approach to life I find.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:01 am 
Dedicated Member

I have personally been in 6 clubs each semester when I was in university. However, when I started work, this number turned into 0, and I'm currently trying to go back to Red Cross Club.

What's special about the Red Cross is that they host tons of events where you can meet thousands of people. Not to mention that you're serving humanity, which attracts most people to you. There's also a lot of girls (if you're interested) in clubs like the Red Cross.