Hobbies? ANY AT ALL?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

Post subject: Hobbies? ANY AT ALL?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So, uhm, guys, I have a SHITLOAD of hobbies right now which I'll list below.

Mine are:
Anime (currently watching Wolf's Rain)
Psychology (NLP)
Philosophy
Shuffle (and other types of hard dance)
Music (hard dance, edm, rock/rap, chillstep)
Drawing
Writing (poems, rap, romantic stories, pictures of feelings)
Meditation
Parkour
Singing (I'm in a chorus.)
PUA
Self-improvement
Chatting
Sports (I go to the gym)
Graffiti
Style
Health (healthy eating and sleeping)
Doing good for people (unconditionally)
Poker

So could you, please, answer to these questions:
What are your hobbies?
What hobbies do you think are attractive?
What do you think I could add to my list?

Please don't question my actions, I know what I'm doing.

Thank You for any replies, even the slightest reply helps. ^__^

Post subject: Re: Hobbies? ANY AT ALL?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

hey buddy,

thats more than enough. what makes you think you need more?

Its not about what hobbies you have... but if you are loving it and are passionate about it

You can play cello, but if you are passionate about it and can express it, are devoted to it.... then its attractive.

Because if you have passion for it and can pay attention to it, and devote yourself to it.... thats what you can do for her too..... thats where she wants to be. That is attractive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:07 am 
Dedicated Member

I think there are two "ways" in which a hobby can be attractive. The first is a sort of objective attractiveness, the second is far more subjective.

Take the second, subjective hobbies first. If your hobby is reading weird sci fi comics, that might be really attractive to a nerdy sci fi girl. But it's probably not to a sporty, chair leader type chick. If your hobby is going to heavy metal gigs, that's going to be pretty attractive to a metal head, but probably not to someone who is into chart music and would rather be in an r'n'b club than a gig. So these sorts of hobbies can be attractive, they can be unattractive. But really, as long as the hobbies suit your personality - and you go after girls who are a similar "type of person" to you - then pretty much any hobby can be attractive (and alternatively pretty much any hobby can be a turn off to some girls as well).

The first, more objective kind of hobby though are those that can be applicable to a far wider range of girls (although still probably not all of them). These hobbies can probably be broken down into 3 areas; 1) fitness/looking after yourself; 2) improving yourself/your skill set; 3) Hobbies that improve social proof.

There might be quite a bit of overlap between those three. Team sports are a great example of a hobby that covers all three bases - they keep you fit, you improve your skill set by constantly trying to improve your game, and you probably get a group of good mates around you, who help you look like a sociable being! Team sports generally aren't "subjective", because even girls who don't like your chosen sport will appreciate it for keeping you fit, for improving you and for boosting your social proof.

I do feel that I should add a little note here; just because the "objective" (more generally appealing) hobbies will probably be attractive to more girls, don't think they will necessarily get you better results. If you spark up a conversation with a girl about some specific interest you both share and basically fuck-her-mentally on that topic, it can be far more effective than having generic hobbies that 99% of other guys do ("oh you go to the gym, yeah so did the other 12 guys who have tried to chat me up tonight")

My hobbies at the moment;
"Objective-type": football (soccer), tennis, gym. Playing the piano. Learning French. Also studying law, which whilst not a hobby as such, is sort of one as I get very involved in it, enjoy it in the same way I enjoy my hobbies, and do a lot of social activities through it as well. All of these things are (hopefully!) either keeping me fit or improving me in some way.

Hobbies that are more "subjective-type": History, rock gigs, collecting football shirts.

Might not sound like a huge amount, but chuck a few parties/nights out/with mates etc. into the mix and I don't have a lot of spare time sat around doing nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

My hobbies are showing off. Be seen. Be winning.

Dance, sing, play music. Be the boss.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:26 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hobbies huh...

I like writing Stories - Writing Poems.
Watching Anime - Reading Manga and Manhwa - Drawing (Manga Style)
Working out - Martial arts - Parkour

Studying History, Psychology and Philosophy
I also enjoy reading essays and articles on newpapers about thigns that interest me.

Lastly I am preparing to shoot a movies with some friends this summer.

Woah! :o ! I am doing more things than I expected!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

One issue of mine is, my major passion; no one has ever heard of. It actually started as a Hobby almost 10 years ago and is now my way of life. I build Rock Bouncers, Rock Crawlers and off road race cars ( on YouTube, look up SRRS rock bouncing or King of the Hammers if you're curious as to what it is) . I actually went full time and opened my fabrication company in 2006. But I'm one of about 100 people who professionally do this. And there are only probably 10k in the sport. Most of whom are men. So trying to explain my hobby and occupatio turns into a nightmare. Even though it's pretty awesome

I also am into other extreme sports I can fall back on. I do Crossfit, rock climb, Down hill mountain bike, ride quads, kayak, shoot skeet and targets, run/jog, I have a drift car, I hike, camp, cook, yoga, big movie buff, follow politics and day trade (although I pulled out recently)... my list of passions goes on quite a ways. Most of my dates are me doing my thing and dragging the girl along. Which is some times a bad thing. I stay pretty busy though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:44 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Travel - it opens your mind! (and it's a great way to meet girls!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:17 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I've been learning Spanish in my free time, I already am fluent in Japanese.

I've got a few completed novels, just don't have time to write.

I dance: I shuffle, jumpstyle , electro, salsa, bachata, merengue, Ceilidh, new style hip hop and a touch of break.

I plan to do circuitry work in my free time this summer.Currently I'm building a low cost fMRI that's implemented with ultra sound components so anything else will be easy this summer.

I think good hobbies that you can get into at a really deep level are good.

From your list you don't have any hobbies. You just named things you've done at some point in your life.You say you dance. So do I, but I can compete with dance instructors from my college. I think you need depth. I've been dancing for 3 years. I can walk up to a girl point at a guy dancing and say, "He lacks musciality, his moves are generic and he only has 2. If a battle him to a dubstel song with the same beat he wouldn't know what to do." Or "Hey do you want to dance? What do you know? I'll dance it with you." I don't get that sense of depth from what you described.

Also don't claim music unless you create it or spend time writing research papers on it. Same with psychology. Those are interests or things you like not hobbies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My Hobby:
- Writing, especially Fable and Fantasy
- Karaoke
- Internet Marketing
- Ugly Drawing
- Martial Art: Silat
- Hashing, Jogging
- Joke
- Meditation

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My hobbies are showing off. Be seen. Be winning.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:30 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

What are your hobbies?
- Developing useless programs on Windows Phone. (Haven't released anything I deem worth of selling on the store.. yet)
- Archery
- Anime
- Movies
- Hardware tinkering (Overclocking)
- making plastic molds for arduino's [small devices which you can program]
- Sarge but game's been stale lately
- Cooking (buy a random cookbook off a bookstore and follow the recipes inside makes for an interesting evening everytime you fail/succeed)

What hobbies do you think are attractive?
- Most women say cooking, I tend to concur,
- Some sort of unique sport, I hear parkour is really hittin it off.
- Travelling, haven't done any yet, but I plan to have a spontaneous trip when I get the time.
- I guess playing music is cool too.
- Airsoft/Paintball, never tried but I hear its better than laser tag.
- Racing/Extreme Sports

What do you think I could add to my list?
- Cooking, if it isn't part of health already
- Travelling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:08 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My biggest hobby is fishing. No matter where and with whom. Give me a kayak and a spear and I will get a lot of everything, an important attribute of any fishing pose is a lifejacket, I advise you to read on this website why it is very important to ensure yourself for kayaking using special boiling. Are there any fishing lovers like the same? If you are a beginner, then I am sure that this occupation can become your hobby.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:52 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Great thread! I think this is the right place to talk about yourself.
So, let's begin. My hobbies include:
- swimming. I learned to swim from 4 years old and was semi-professionally engaged in this sport before.
-philosophy. recently realized that we need to expand the boundaries of consciousness and more interested in how our world works. Now I am fond of the works of Carl Jung
-music. decided to learn to play the guitar.
And finally - web design. My main source of income. Now with a friend we are doing a project on the basis of these PrestaShop modules https://myprestamodules.com/. We want to launch an online store of brand clothes for men.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:33 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My hobbies are singing, travelling, gaming (esp. minecraft from apknite), driving, cooking. I love cooking most as I'm fond of foods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Going to different music festivals, concerts!
And also snowboarding!