I want to travel - advice needed!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hey,

I'm not sure where to ask this but I'm hoping a couple of guys on here may be able to help as I'm not sure where to start.

I'm a 20 years old from the UK. And currently have very little money coming in at the moment.

I want to travel. I want to start with Europe, eastern Europe... how would I go about funding this kind of trip? there must be ways to keep costs down? I've heard a couple of people mention couch surfing...any experience on this?

I've split up from a LTR a few months ago. I feel I am over it but I do feel like I need an adventure. I need some me time. I just want to be a ghost traveling through all these different cities.

Interailing could be a good shout...anybody done this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:17 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Not helpful but a bit of inspiration for ya. Might have seen it in the video section a few weeks back. http://vimeo.com/31386486 The series is awesome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:05 pm 
Dedicated Member

I've been booking a trip around Europe for this summer with a few mates of mine and looked at interrailing. Good shout, depending on how long you're going for and how many different places you want to go. There's loads of different options for it, we're only going for 3 weeks though, and only have a few places we're interested in going, so it worked out cheaper for us to buy individual trains of DeutschBahn website (they have trains through loads of different countries, not just Germany, so could be worth checking that out), and getting cheap flights. But we're booking flights 6 months in advance and trains we're going to book 32 days in advance (as far ahead as you can do), to keep it cheap - if you're wanting to go sooner, I imagine inter-rail will probably work out cheaper.

Not done couch surfing, not sure I'd be overly comfortable with it in a non-English speaking country, although I suppose you could find somewhere that speaks English. But I have just done cheap hostels and stuff before; most places you can get a decent hostel for E10-E20 a night tops. A month over there doesn't work out cheap cheap, but it's not ridiculous. We've also factored in quite a lot of beer money, as we won't really be gaming, just going for a piss up really, (and the girls are coming along too, to ruin our fun!!) but obviously large quantities of alcohol cost money that you don't need to spend if you're keeping costs down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Couch surfing is your best option if you want to save money. Not only do you save money on lodgings, but they usually feed you. They also introduce you to all their friends, allowing you instant social opportunities.

Last year I traveled to Finland, and without any prior planning, decided on a whim that I would hop a ferry over to Estonia. That night I sent out about 30 e-mails to couch surfing hosts all over Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. I had no clue were I was going to end up. In the end, I ended up going to to towns I've never even heard of, and had an awesome time.

http://www.wheretofindgirl.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

That travel bum was reallllly good. Watched the whole series. Can't wait for more.

I'm going to have a look through my friends list. Luckily I have friends all over the world. Going to try and plan the places I actually want to visit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

So far I have:

Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, France.

Any other suggestions or places I could fit in...or any good routes/itinerary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
So far I have:

Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, France.

Any other suggestions or places I could fit in...or any good routes/itinerary

Croatia !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
That travel bum was reallllly good. Watched the whole series. Can't wait for more.

I'm going to have a look through my friends list. Luckily I have friends all over the world. Going to try and plan the places I actually want to visit
The guys hilarious and there's loads of culture as well as the girls. First guy i've seen on a video posted on this site and genuinely thought 'fuck... i wish I was that dude' lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Just posted a status

Is looking to travel this year. Obviously money is tight. Any friends in foreign countries on my Facebook...Let me know if you have a couch I can borrow for a day or two.

Got a lot of responses lol. Mostly from females. I've managed to find a place to stay in:

London(good for flights), Las Vegas, New York, Australia, New Zealand.

I also know I have friends in Brazil, Hungary, Madrid, Granada, France...and maybe a few more places if I think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

If you looking to travel to California then I will suggest you visit in Napa Valley to making your visit memorable, for, you could discover the best things and napa valley events in California and enjoy your trip in Napa Valley, this is the place of visiting some amazing destinations, beautiful scenery, and incredible restaurants, build your perfect day trip to Napa Valley.
All the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

One recommendation is DaNang-Vietname - ASEAN Country. You will be impressed by their natural beauty with many place off interest like: Ba Na Hills, Hoi An Ancient Town.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:11 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The World Best Travel Sites List!

https://travelsites.com lists the Best Travel Sites that you need for your trip. Find all the best travel sites at one place form booking sites, cheap flight sites, car rental sites, best cruise sites to all the top travel information sites from travel forums, blogs to navigation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Norway or Island if you are in love with great views