"you don't know what you are losing" when denied service

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Natural Game

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:45 pm 
Dedicated Member

This may sound noobish, but I have never worked in service industry, so this was a new concept (me being service provider and interacting with "customers") for me.

I recently I had a gig for fun where I was a bartender at big private company event. I was responsible for pouring straight drinks and beer (me being non bartender) and other guys were doing cocktails (as they were real bartenders).

A chick came to my station and tried ordering cocktail, I explained that I only pour straight drinks/beer and sent her to other guys. She said - you do not know what you are losing.
She was not giving any IOIs (like not even smiling) so I was wondering, was it:
a) she just did not like being "rejected" for service and said that in not "dating" way, eg. she was not interested in me as a potential partner.
b) this was a clear indicator that she subconsciously meant she wanted to talk to me etc

I am intermediate or even advanced guy in reading situations (if someone told me that phrase in real life situations I would of course assume attraction), but since I had no experience in service industry, maybe this was not attraction related issue, but just "you losing me as a customer" thing...

Any insights? :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:05 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm an AFC through and through so take my word with a grain of salt, but to me it doesn't sound like she was interested.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:37 pm 
Dedicated Member

bump :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:54 pm 
The Grand Puba

You're losing out on tips.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:01 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
It was paid company evening, not a single bartender got a single tip.
Lets stay on topic though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:07 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:
It was paid company evening, not a single bartender got a single tip.
Lets stay on topic though.
I've been to company events that had open bars. People still tip. But since you're saying I'm off topic...what is the topic? A woman said something while drinking that you can't figure out?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:26 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
what is the topic? A woman said something while drinking that you can't figure out?
Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:56 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
This was my read too. She had a $100 bill yall in her lil purse. U lost out. No sarcasm, this was my read based on how she was reacting.

Also she's probably not used to being denied much of anything so it was an automatic response most likely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:58 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Quote:
This was my read too. She had a $100 bill yall in her lil purse. U lost out. No sarcasm, this was my read based on how she was reacting.

Also she's probably not used to being denied much of anything so it was an automatic response most likely.
This is not US. Maybe 10-20% tip bartenders at clubs, bars etc.
NOBODY tips bartenders at paid company events like that here.
I can tell you for certain she did not mean I am losing on tips.

My thought about automatic response as well, just thought it was a bit strange to say something like that in that situation.

There is no way to be certain, but I am split 50/50 on that one meaning that she liked me and other 50 on automatic response (which was unusual, nobody says that here when they mean "you are losing me as a client thus you don't know what you are losing).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is not US. Maybe 10-20% tip bartenders at clubs, bars etc.
NOBODY tips bartenders at paid company events like that here.
I can tell you for certain she did not mean I am losing on tips.

My thought about automatic response as well, just thought it was a bit strange to say something like that in that situation.

There is no way to be certain, but I am split 50/50 on that one meaning that she liked me and other 50 on automatic response (which was unusual, nobody says that here when they mean "you are losing me as a client thus you don't know what you are losing).
You are wasting your time even thinking about this. But let's look at it logically to put your mind at rest. If she was interested in you, do you really think she would become disinterested because you didn't give her a mixed drink?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:43 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
If she was interested in you, do you really think she would become disinterested because you didn't give her a mixed drink?
True. In many instances it would have amped up her interest exponentially.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:33 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
If she was interested in you, do you really think she would become disinterested because you didn't give her a mixed drink?
I never even implied that she lost interest because of that...

It is either:
a) not interested; contact; still not interested
b) interested; contact; still interested