Advice on being alpha

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Natural Game

Post subject: Advice on being alpha
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:59 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys,

I need some advice on becoming alpha, especially conveying that personality among other guys that already have that quality.

I'm only 5' 8" and have a naturally quiet voice due to most of my life being a shy kid. I know these aren't deal breakers as shorter guys can easily be alpha. I'm also working on speaking louder, slower, and clearer in social situations, but I'm finding that it takes a lot of my concentration.

In addition, my body language is open and my eye contact is improving. What else should I be doing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:32 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hang back and play it cool especially with new alpha guys you have just met, never try to impress people etc.. they will judge you as a cool guy if you do this and are generally unaffected by anything they say or do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Just in regards to having a personality congruent with success in pickup, keep working on the speaking stuff until it literally becomes second nature. Main thing is to have that c word - confidence. To always, always, always be looking forward to AWESOME stuff happening in your life. All people will feel this energy radiating from you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey xtrachrisp.

I'm 5'7 (Shorter than you) and I will tell you that when I'm in the right Alpha state even the guys move over for me. It's all about stage presence and not height.

It helps to do other things that can help you convince yourself that you are indeed Alpha. For me I do martial arts (Kickboxing and Jiujitsu). So in my mindset I easily come across guys who are taller and bigger than me in the gym all the time. Yet I know and have enough reference points to dominate them and hold my own. So walking into the bar I feel physically capable even though most guys would tower over me.

You obviously may not be able to get taller but you sure can get wider. So lifting weights does help. Although just make sure not to overdo it. As a shorter male putting on too much thickness can actually make you look shorter. And there also those short guys walking around with their lats spread out that try to look tough. Where they end up looking like they have a chip on their shoulder.

Even working out before going out can help you. As your body releases those natural painkillers after your workouts. Making you more relaxed and unfazed by events around you.

Having more reference point for actually being alpha and putting on muscle all takes time. Their are a couple immediate things you can do to put you into an alpha state when going out. Make sure you always stand up straight with your a strong posture. You might be short but you need to stand short and slumped. It's easy to feel beta when your shoulders are slumped as that is the body language of someone beta.

Also breath from your diaphgram and speak from your stomach so to speak. And don't be afraid to speak slowly and pause. A man in control has no problem making people waiting for the next part of his sentence. Helps to bring people into YOUR frame. Although don't speak like a taurtus......just make sure you pause sometimes....kind of like I am doing right now. The pauses need to be done so you are not looking for validation in your statement. Just making sure the person gets your last line and has had time to process it.

Most importantly I don't think Alpha means acting like a douche or dick. You can still be a gentleman and classy when acting Alpha. In the martial arts I meet plenty of true Alpha tough guys that are still gentleman. Difference of being tough and acting tough. And most people can smell that authentically from you.

Hope that helps!

Stumped for a good opener at the bar? Check out the Pickup Buddy App - Search "Pickup buddy typhon" on the Google Play store.
Quote:
Hey guys,

I need some advice on becoming alpha, especially conveying that personality among other guys that already have that quality.

I'm only 5' 8" and have a naturally quiet voice due to most of my life being a shy kid. I know these aren't deal breakers as shorter guys can easily be alpha. I'm also working on speaking louder, slower, and clearer in social situations, but I'm finding that it takes a lot of my concentration.

In addition, my body language is open and my eye contact is improving. What else should I be doing?