The Pick Up Artist 3

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject: The Pick Up Artist 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:12 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Seeing as how its likely that there will be a third season of The Pick Up Artist, what would you like to see have happen and where do you think it should take place? Personally, I think it would be so cool if they had the show take place in either Miami, Chicago, New York, Boston, or even Los Angeles. Heck, maybe they could try different countries in later seasons. As far as what challenges I'd like to see, I'd like to see them do some game in places like The Mall, the beach, a dog park, more nightclubs/bars and settings such as concerts, fashion shows, more charity events, and whatever else they can think of. What are your thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

i think the major limitation will be getting hidden camera access in particular venues, this is the main reason why austin and arizona were chosen.

Post subject: Re: The Pick Up Artist 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:19 pm 

Quote:
Seeing as how its likely that there will be a third season of The Pick Up Artist,
What makes you say that? I think season 2 killed it!

It would be REALLY interesting if they had a third season with a different guru in the spotlight, though. I vote Gunwitch. His method is extremely different from Mystery's and would be really cool to mix into the vh1 show. Plus it would diversify the mainstream mentality about pickup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:37 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I reckon it would be cool to try and sneak one of us onto the show, make an afc video then hit the club and destroy lol

Post subject: Re: The Pick Up Artist 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Seeing as how its likely that there will be a third season of The Pick Up Artist,
What makes you say that? I think season 2 killed it!

It would be REALLY interesting if they had a third season with a different guru in the spotlight, though. I vote Gunwitch. His method is extremely different from Mystery's and would be really cool to mix into the vh1 show. Plus it would diversify the mainstream mentality about pickup.
Actually, I heard that the second season had much more higher ratings this year than last season did so thats why I said that its likely that there will be a third season. Also, in case you didn't watch one piece of the extra footage online from the season finale, it was revealed by Mystery that there would indeed be a third season of The Pick Up Artist. He pretty much revealed it by saying, "If you want to follow in the footsteps of Simian, audition for season 3 and I will see you there". Thats actual confirmation right there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:11 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere down the line, Mystery decided to retire from the hosting spotlight and put a different PUA guru host in his place. I've even heard rumors about it for quite some time so that could happen somewhere down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:11 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

im kinda curious. how do you apply to be on the 3rd season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:54 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
im kinda curious. how do you apply to be on the 3rd season?
I"m pretty sure that they'll have a website dedicated to it like they did for the second season. Right now though, I wouldn't be surprised if people were already putting together their auditioning tapes for season 3 as we speak at this very moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

If there's a third season, Mystery will continue to be in the driver's seat. Like the man said, the ratings for season 2 were higher than for season 1. Mystery is a known quantity now, and VH1 is going to keep him on rather than take a risk.

That's how TV and the media business in general operate. They don't like taking chances.

The only personnel changes that I'd expect would be the wings. Matador'll probably stay in, but Tara is likely more replaceable. I doubt that VH1 would pick up a new guru to spotlight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:33 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
If there's a third season, Mystery will continue to be in the driver's seat. Like the man said, the ratings for season 2 were higher than for season 1. Mystery is a known quantity now, and VH1 is going to keep him on rather than take a risk.

That's how TV and the media business in general operate. They don't like taking chances.

The only personnel changes that I'd expect would be the wings. Matador'll probably stay in, but Tara is likely more replaceable. I doubt that VH1 would pick up a new guru to spotlight.

The only way they'd pick a new guru to spotlight is if they created a show that was like the Pick Up Artist but with a lot of changes. As far as Tara goes, I could see her getting her own spin off show at some point in the not so distant future. As for who they would pick to replace Tara in season 3(assuming that she isn't there), my choice of candidates would have to either be Lovedrop, or maybe they would even bring back JDog or even have Kosmo as one of the main wings. Just some food for thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:26 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
The only way they'd pick a new guru to spotlight is if they created a show that was like the Pick Up Artist but with a lot of changes.
I think the closest thing there is to that is Keys to the VIP. Is the pickup entertainment market saturated? Only time will tell...
Quote:
As far as Tara goes, I could see her getting her own spin off show at some point in the not so distant future.
Heh, yeah, VH1 likes doing that. Knowing VH1, it'll probably be yet another elimination dating show like Rock of Love or I Love New York or Flavor of Love or whatever. They crank those out like nobody's business.
Quote:
As for who they would pick to replace Tara in season 3(assuming that she isn't there), my choice of candidates would have to either be Lovedrop, or maybe they would even bring back JDog or even have Kosmo as one of the main wings. Just some food for thought.
Lovedrop isn't exactly photogenic, so I doubt he'd get in. Which sucks, because I like his take on the game more than Mystery's. Kosmo might be a good choice, but I think he needs more experience as an instructor first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
The only way they'd pick a new guru to spotlight is if they created a show that was like the Pick Up Artist but with a lot of changes.
I think the closest thing there is to that is Keys to the VIP. Is the pickup entertainment market saturated? Only time will tell...

Well, right now, the only PUA shows I do indeed know about are The Pick Up Artist, Keys To The VIP, and before those shows premiered, there was this special in the UK called Seduction School: Size Doesn't Matter and it was taught by Wayne Elise(aka Juggler), and his assistant Johnny. It showed three guys, one very huge, one very tall, and one very small and their inexperiences with finding women they wanted to go out with. It was kind of simliar to The Pick Up Artist in many ways, except there weren't any eliminations or medallions being given out and the guys were clearly struggling with their game and didn't get out of their deep funk until the last part of the special where they were successfully good with the ladies. Maybe that was the inspiration for The Pick Up Artist, who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Seduction School was indeed the inspiration for The Pick Up Artist. So that pretty much is all I know. Oh wait, there's a show called Beauty and The Geek and thats pretty close to The Pick Up Artist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:58 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

does Keys to the VIP come on in the states ?

recently they have deleted some of the videos of keys on youtube due to copyright infringement and i liked that show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:38 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think if I'm not mistaken, it aired on Fuse a while back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:20 pm 
Dedicated Member

I posted the Seduction School program on the videos section a while back. It's not that hard to find, it's been on a few forums I think.