The Mentalist

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject: The Mentalist
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Am not sure if this is the right place to post this but its seems the most appropriate. I was wondering if anyone in this community watched The Mentalist. I espically want to talk about the main character, Patric Jane. This guy is now one of my favourite role models. Above all, he is what I see as a true "pick-up artist". I mean sure, he doesnt go around picking up women, but his body language, his grip on reality, the way he speaks and everything else about him screams out "ALPHA-MALE"
What I like to point out is that he isnt the most muscular, or the loudest or the bravest in the drama. But he demands attention - when most of the time he is wondering away from the camera.
Also his interaction with the women of the series is inspiring - they just seem to love him. He treads on border-line AFC (he is usually comforting a victim, or smiling at them) but his confidence and un-neediness makes him a treat to watch.
More importantly, he is a true natural - despite the fact that he is analysing every information that he observes. He is almost a paradox - something that should exist. He is clever, eccentric - some may say a "nerd, yet watching him makes you want to be like him.
Sorry for the long post. Of course if you dont watch it, you probably have no idea what am talking about - so I advice everyone to watch it, even if its just the first episode. If you do watch it, what are you opinions of him? is he just some fictional character that can not possibly exist in real life? or do you look up to him too ?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:57 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: Cognitive_dissidents23
AOL: Samloyal23
Twitter: Samloyal23
He is quite a character, and there was an episode where a pick-up artist is involved in one of the cases Jane works on. Definitely a good role-model...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Im more a fan of Psych, which the Mentalist is basically a copy of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Im more a fan of Psych, which the Mentalist is basically a copy of.
They aren't anything alike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:41 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

i think the alpha male concept has been shown so very often.. house is an alpha male, charlie sheen makes a pretty good one in two and a half men
the guy from the mentalist is not much different.. hes probably just more charming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Also check the actor itself, he dated 10's. He's a good role model. I don't like the show, really crappy crime solving thing but the character is great. I've seen all the seasons. He's like a pro at NLP. you should also check Derren Brown stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Also check the actor itself, he dated 10's. He's a good role model. I don't like the show, really crappy crime solving thing but the character is great. I've seen all the seasons. He's like a pro at NLP. you should also check Derren Brown stuff.
i heard loads about derren brown, does he teach any of his stuff or does he just show off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
i heard loads about derren brown, does he teach any of his stuff or does he just show off?
I've been a fan of derren for a while now. All the books that I have seen of his, pretty much just talk about his life and such, nothing of his that I have read talk about doing the stuff that he does (which is amazing!) but like this community there is a community of mentalists out there, I found a forum ages ago but never joined. Just google it, I think you would get more information there than in a Derren Brown book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I've been a fan of derren for a while now. All the books that I have seen of his, pretty much just talk about his life and such, nothing of his that I have read talk about doing the stuff that he does (which is amazing!) but like this community there is a community of mentalists out there, I found a forum ages ago but never joined. Just google it, I think you would get more information there than in a Derren Brown book.[/quote]
cool man thanks for the info.. and btw that phrase of yours is spot on! i never read this from any PUA but the slower you speak the more authority you have.. i guess its one of the tricks of the trade that you learn through experience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:29 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
cool man thanks for the info.. and btw that phrase of yours is spot on! i never read this from any PUA but the slower you speak the more authority you have.. i guess its one of the tricks of the trade that you learn through experience
No worries mate. Oh and I stole that quote, from http://www.thechangeblog.com/self-confidence/ and it's very true. I also noticed it on "the pickup artist" each time mystery spoke. He was very slow and seemed to choose each word, it exuded massive self-confidence and an unlimited amount of self-esteem. Something I really look up to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
No worries mate. Oh and I stole that quote, from http://www.thechangeblog.com/self-confidence/ and it's very true. I also noticed it on "the pickup artist" each time mystery spoke. He was very slow and seemed to choose each word, it exuded massive self-confidence and an unlimited amount of self-esteem. Something I really look up to.
like mystery or hate him.. you just have to admire the inner game he has built himself and all those who surround him.. matador,style and the blonde guy from the show.. They scream out IM FUCKIN CONFIDENT with every little gesture they make its ridiculous, mystery is a master at it though, for some time now i been watching mystery just studying his body language and copying it, hey man game is game haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
like mystery or hate him.. you just have to admire the inner game he has built himself and all those who surround him.. matador,style and the blonde guy from the show.. They scream out IM FUCKIN CONFIDENT with every little gesture they make its ridiculous, mystery is a master at it though, for some time now i been watching mystery just studying his body language and copying it, hey man game is game haha
Exactly! I remember reading somewhere perhaps in "the game" that mystery studied alphas in movies and such, like tom cruise in top gun and then started acting like them. I can see how over time could cause your entire persona, and confidence to change and sky rocket. An idea perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

the thing is the mentalist and derren brown apply the same concepts. It's not a question if you like it or not. Those are proven facts. It's a science. It's called NLP and it works. Basically it's the study of human perception. Derren brown shows it very well in his shows, it can be mindblowing if you are not used to.
Since I started to learn NLP that my life literally changed at all levels, pick ups too. It's so fucking amazing when you start to realise how the human mind works and how to manipulate it. It sounds hard but it's really easy with some learning and practice.
Just check some derren brown videos. you get the idea. then learn NLP then thank me.

actually the mentalist series pictures very well the false psychics. the mentalist is a great character and it shows that everyone with a given training can achieve what he does. he's not a wizard or has some magic powers, he's just an average guy, extremely intelligent, that is master in NLP. He doesn't read minds, no one can do it, actually in the show sometimes he fails. But actually you can kind of read what people are thinking of. It's not linear but it's rather accurate. it's so amazing. you can even anticipate behaviours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I've actually found the 3 seasons of The Mentalist and have watched the first 2 and halfway through the 3rd.

I've enjoyed it and the characters and how they all coincide together.

I do think that it is similar to Psych, but the comedy in The Mentalist is not as "In Your Face" as it is with Psych. All in all, I like the Mentalist's take on crime drama/comedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

i love this movie