Simmeon didnt deserve to win

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

I watched the whole season in one sitting (yah, it's Feb. vacation week... lol) The transformation in all of these guys was pretty amazing. After watching the finale, I went back and watched the season opener and I didn't recognize many of the guys. Greg in particular had such a radical transformation that I did not recognize him.

I pegged Simeon as the winner starting about about Episode 5 or 6. He was really listening to the instruction, picking up a style of his own, which became a little more consistent and congruent with the show's hosts. Matt didn't develop a style, he just reverted to his college republican "I'm wearing a suit so I must look good" routine. Any idiot with $100 can go down to the Men's Warehouse and get a decent looking suit. True he is a handsome guy, but there's nothing interesting or unique about a handsome guy in a nice suit - they walk the streets every day. Simeon adopted that crazy hat and he used it well. Matt always looked like a moron walking around with Mystery's fuzzy boa.

Matt could also not close. He froze a lot and was just awkward around women. Even at the end he was overthinking the game instead of just having fun with it. Maybe he got freaked out by the time challenge in Episode 7 and felt like he needed to score as quickly as possible.

On the other hand, Simeon learned to channel his explosive energy and was able to direct it like a fucking laserbeam at hot women. He was still kind of hyper and goofy but as far as openers go girls actually like that better than the bigshot smartypants suit and tie routine - it's fun and playful and that's what pickup is about. Matt probably has better long term prospects and I can see him better in comfort and actually getting to sex and dating hot women throughout his life. Simeon learned the art of cold-approach pickup and his "cuteness" along with his energy and unique style will probably make him a lifelong natural opener but I can see women getting freaked out by his nervous energy and not wanting to date him long term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:56 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Simeon was such a rip off of Mystery. He wore a cowboy hat, a similar soul patch and the black nails. But never the less, Simeon did do better in the challenges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:10 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: willtolive2004
Does anyone else have skepticism about the show and having hired hands in the scenes? I did and do.....I KNOW the game works, but I think they did great at editing...I am skeptical....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:45 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Aspiring actors are the ones who primarily audition for those reality TV shows, so it should come as no surprise that there were "actors" on the show. These are not Shakespearean professionals, though - these are kids in their early 20s from Iowa who maybe did theater in high school and move to Hollywood hoping for a "big break." I highly doubt that the whole show was scripted. Of course the material they use is canned and stilted, but that's the nature of the "Mystery Method" - it succeeds despite itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:47 am 
THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Yahoo Messenger: xncxrockstar
Simeon deserved it, Mat deserved to be eliminated. Last 3 episodes was a shutout.

In the wing man episode. Simeon made out first then helped Matt finish up. Where as Greg didn't help Rian. If Simeon didn't stop to help Matt he would not have closed.

In the teacher episode Simeon's friend actually copied his game and scored. Matt couldn't get his friend to shave or even dress decent. Greg was alot better than Matt, but his friend wasn't able to approach women. If you noticed Mystery said Kosmo when with them teaching game if S2 winner gets that then Simeon would be a better.

Last episode, Simeon won the time test, and he did better in the finale challenge.

Matt failed to pull the trigger countless times, he always used that capper thing which when it failed (girl didn't know what a capper was) he froze up. Simeon had his dirty dancing routine but it was good when a girl didn't know it he was able to neg her for it. Matt also froze up alot more than Simeon which is fine at first he did that in the day game episode which was 3rd to last. Matt won alot of challenges and failed to use the rewards, Feather boa he didn't use it, tara in the hired gun episode she had to talk him out of freezing up.

Personally I liked Greg the best but Simeon deserved to win it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Matt is pretty bad at closing, but i still thinks he's better than Simeon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:11 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

yeah in the first season the one that deserved to win was Brady from the finalists and Joe D. overall

in the 2nd season things are a bit more complicated :p...from the finalists i actually don't preffer either of them,if we take their overall performances matt almost got eliminated a few times and wasn'r reallt great while Simmeon wasn't great aswell,he had emotional problems pretty much late in the series and with 2 episodes before the finale he was talking to the vegetables at one point LOL
so I think that the one that deserved the win was Rian...
Brian was also good,his problem was that he failed to learn the gambits

Post subject: disagree
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:57 am 
Dedicated Member

I think simeon deserved the win. After reading through all of this I came to 2 main conclusions.

A) Simeon really did show a much higer level of PUA when you really scrutinize it.
There we a number of "holy shit!" moments, especially in the later episodes, involving Simeon. There we also of lot of "Doh or eek" moments involving Matt.

B) This higher level of success can be partially attributed to the fact that his natural tendencies were more in line with Mystery's. Finding the right teacher is extremely important whenever you want to learn anything. I am 5'5'', stocky and enjoy conserving energy (nice way to say lazy) and my Jiu-Jitsu teacher is about the same. We share similar natural tendencies and because of this I can emulate his game very well... and his game is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

he was lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:06 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

im sorry, matt was a total square college republican with the same opener that would have made any decent fun loving girl want to puke all over herself: "hey me and my friend just pulled off a caper and we´re about to party like its the end of oceans 11"

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME??? extremely retarded. WHO uses the word "caper"?

Simeon was uncoordinated but really how could you lose against some conservative idiot. the kiss close at the end with that se asian chick was lame, it was all out try hard: "ur a beautiful girl and I just had to kiss you" no form.

out of the two seasons, i believe kosmo displayed the most skill as evidenced by how he had the stripper fully engaged. true he didn´t boink her, but still, props given where due.

TANK out. PEACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:28 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think rian was the best, made the most progress, gregg should of been kick off before him.

Any one else think one of the main reasons why the guys didnt do very well untill near the end of the show was because alot of the material was lame, and it just came across as fake.

didnt agree with alot of mysterys reasons for the guys struggling.

Not knocking scripted game, I know it can be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Between Simmeon and Matt, Simmeon no contest, Matt had the charisma of a shoe.

that caper thing was well annoying,

mind you, "nobody puts baby in a corner"

If I had to hear that one more time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:30 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Personally, I found Simmeon better, but he did kinda clone Mistery's style, with the black nails and the hat...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
and "He who hesitates, masturbates."

Loved
b('x