Eight Weeks?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject: Eight Weeks?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ok guys, first of all, I've got to say that I don't live in America anymore and don't have access to VH1 and I ended up watching The PUA 1 & 2 on the internet (VH1 Website,) so maybe I don't have everything straight in my mind, but here seems to be the basic concept of the show:

Eight weeks of training and practice cut into eight episodes.

Eight Reward Challenges and eight Field Tests--one per week / episode.

So does that mean that someone with the right training and motivation could go from absolute AFC to decent PUA (not "master") in just eight weeks as a result of only eight very short sessions in field and eight Stylelife Challenge-Type exercises?

Guys, that's like reading books and searching the net for an hour or two every day and going out every Saturday for a couple of hours for two months, if we were to recreate the process!

Like I said, "Master" PUA, no, but Simeon was damn good at going after a specific chick and escalating damn fast and could have f-closed that blonde in the last episode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I don't think you can underestimate the value of 121 trainig with masters. It's incomparable to books and the internet. It would probably take about 3 months reading and regular gaming (i.e. 4-5 times a week, 2-4 hours a time) with a wing observing and advising each other to get to the same level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

You are absolutely correct, there is a major difference between "just practicing," i.e. going out and getting shot down and going out next week and making the same mistakes because you never adjusted your game and going out, identifying your weak points / mistakes and improving / eliminating them.

All that I'm trying to say is that the only field work was once per week for eight weeks.

In terms of learning, regardless of from products or live training, I think that most guys learn too much and don't ever put what they learned to the test.

The point that I'm trying to make is, when you go out, don't just fail and try again, go out and fail and then try not to make the same mistakes over and over again!!

Imagine how fast your progress would be if you would get better at eliminating a particular mistake every time you approach a set! If you did that consistently, you would have one chronic mistake or weak point less every time you went out--and there are only so many mistakes you can make . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:57 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I see your point. At that is an excellent way to excel. But sometimes some problems can be subconscious. You should always try to change things up so you can become the best you can be.

Also, don't forget about the show is that its also entertainment. I'm guessing that they also practiced a lot more then what the show actually showed. I'm thinking they lived and breathed pick-up. I mean they all moved from their home to be on the show. So I don't think they really had to worry about work, or bills, or much else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I've only watched season 1 so far, but if they do it for 8 weeks straight. What do they do all day? Do they practice all day and go sarging at night? Cause' if it's 8 hours a day for 8 weeks that's 448 hours of training with at true mPUA. I think that would be sufficient enough to be called a PUA, don't think they'd be able to pick up supermodels or perfect 10's all the time, but they'll probably do well enough with "normal" girls on a regular basis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yeah, all of you guys are right about the training and practice, I just meant "field time."

Training in and practicing game without going out and practicing in the clubs is a lot like getting ready for a boxing match without sparring . . .

I also thought about how the book, the mystery method comes up with the newbie drill of going out "for at least a month or two. Open three sets per hour, four hours per night, four nights per week." Then Mystery himself sends his guys out once per week for a couple of hours.

Post subject: a life style!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I have read and know about many a PUA who has put huge amounts of reading and time into the whole thing and then even thought the have excellent game. Thats all they got. GAME!
If the women does something unexpected they are out!
This is why mystery does the whole 4 days a week advice.
My best advice would be spend time around women and learn how they work. Listen to the conversation, what they are reading how the view men and where they want to be in life.
THEN you will have openers, the ability to be sincere about something you know they or at least a freind know about. And you can bring your game into that.
Reaction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I'm pretty sure that each episode represented longer than a week. A couple of guys have talked about what the show schedule was like, and they were actually in clubs damn-near every night, practicing non-stop. The field tests were the only times they actually got eliminated, and that was also the only time (aside from certain reward challenges) that they were televised in field.

If what I've read is true, their training schedule was A LOT heavier than it looked.