GNO to go to a party hosted by 5 guy friends

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Relationships

Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello everyone, first post here but have been lurking the forums for years. A little background on myself for context.. decent looking (7.5 on a 10 pt scale), have a few degrees, well paying job, And other credentials. I am hoping I am battling some insecurity here rather than a deeper issue with my relationship as I do like this girl.

My new gf of a few months originally invited me to a party hosted by her guy friends on Saturday night a few weeks back. She wanted me to meet these guys as they are close friends that she has known for 8+ years. She claims to have not hooked up with any and I believe her. I don't view any of the guys as attractive (not that that matters).

Last night she said she got the weekends mixed up and that she thinks it was going to be a girls outing to go to the crawfish boil. I guess I have a few questions here: 1) I assume this is acceptable amoungst the majority on this forum to have a girls night at a party where they are going to meet up with guy friends that aren't their boyfriends? 2)if not, how should this be handled? She is more level-headed than any other girl I have met. Should I just tell her it seems backwards? (If it even is) 3) do I let it bother me that she extended an invitation to me that was later revoked or do I understand that her friend coming in town was last minute and that she made an honest mistake in overcommitting herself? I assume if this is the case I have not instilled enough dread here.

Serious responses only. Thanks guys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:11 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

There's nothing wrong with your girlfriend having nights out that don't include you. You should also have nights out that don't include her. A relationship can't be successful if you don't have a life outside of it.

And honestly it doesn't matter if she's out with guy friends, girl friends, or clubbing. If you trust your girlfriend, and above that trust that you're her best option, whichever guys lurk around her should be utterly irrelevant.

That said, the underlying tone of your post is that you don't entirely trust her. Did she give you any reason for being suspicious?

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:27 pm 

I'm confused... What is going on? Is there a party?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thank you for the response. I feel like I do trust her and she has done nothing to warrant otherwise. I think my main reason for posting is I want to make sure I am not getting walked on. Her inviting me to meet her guy friends then uninviting me and pivoting to a girls night rubbed me the wrong way. Thoughts? I understand I am likely being too harsh/irrational, just need to hear it confirmed if so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Yes, sorry, the party and crawfish boil are the same thing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:49 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
She is more level-headed than any other girl I have met.
Just a little FYI - I've fuck some pretty level headed girl friends.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Bet I have with more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:15 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bet I have with more.
Then you shouldn't be worried.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
If I'm understanding this correctly...your gf invited you to a guy friends party to meet her guy friends then told you it would be a girls night out where they go to the party with the guy friends. Seems weird to me that she wouldn't still invite you to the party as guys are going to be there anyway. Not saying it's anything just it's a weird reason that you can't go anymore when her guy friends are going and the purpose was for you to meet them. I'd think she'd say "my girl friends are going to hang out first then we're going to the party with the guys...come to the party."Is this what you mean? If my understanding is correct they're still going to the guy party so I don't know why you wouldn't still be invited

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If I'm understanding this correctly...your gf invited you to a guy friends party to meet her guy friends then told you it would be a girls night out where they go to the party with the guy friends. Seems weird to me that she wouldn't still invite you to the party as guys are going to be there anyway. Not saying it's anything just it's a weird reason that you can't go anymore when her guy friends are going and the purpose was for you to meet them. I'd think she'd say "my girl friends are going to hang out first then we're going to the party with the guys...come to the party."Is this what you mean? If my understanding is correct they're still going to the guy party so I don't know why you wouldn't still be invited

Neo, you are correct. So I guess my question is how heavy of an issue (if at all) is this on her end for not proposing this solution?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:27 am 

It's not an issue.

How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 am 
New to MPUA Forum

How would you handle then?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53 am 

Wouldn't think much of it. But maybe I'm not understanding the issue right.

Why don't you talk this out with your girlfriend? If neo is right and they are going at a guy party, not just a girl night out, then why is your invite retracted?

How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Wouldn't think much of it. But maybe I'm not understanding the issue right.

Why don't you talk this out with your girlfriend? If neo is right and they are going at a guy party, not just a girl night out, then why is your invite retracted?
Therein lies my question. I am not sure why i am invited and feel like if it is a guy party than I should be. How should I handle this? Is portraying indifference the answer?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:39 pm 

Look, if she would've replaced the event you were invited at in favor of girls' night, I'd get that. No issue.
If she had scheduled GNO and a party with guys afterwards, without inviting you to begin with, again, fine, it's her social circle.
But if she invited you and then retracted that invitation while her initial plans are largely the same, then that's weird and I don't get why.

Maybe I'm understanding your issue wrong, because it's a bit all over the place, but if I'm getting it right then talk to your girlfriend and clarify.

How to keep a girl.