"Where Can I Start Learning NLP" Thread.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » NLP & Hypnotic Seduction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:54 am 

There I fixed it. Just click on the stuff that says [link] and you'll be taken to the respective sites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

After you read a few books on nlp, you'll be able to apply it to your normal life right?
What I'm trying to ask is, is it straight foward from learning it and some experiencing/testing you'll be able to understand it...
or
Is it some complicated stuff which requires years and years of work to understand it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:27 am 
New to MPUA Forum

hey how about self help hypnosis cd's which site is the real deal? Every site claims theirs is the best and i frankly dont know. I need something for confidence.thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I went to the changingstates.co site and it had a lot of useful information that I found very interesting. I'm not sure I'd actually use tactics like anchoring as it is a little out of character for me and I would not feel very comfortable practicing it on others. The concepts about modalities and how one can gain report by operating in the same modality as another person, however, seen very useful. I went around today and tried to figure out what mode people were operating in, and to my surprise it was quite simple. I am left with one rather pressing question, however, that being: is it better to act confidently with your chest out and a strong voice to a kinesthetic person who is slouching and talking very slowly or would it be better to imitate their state? It seems like imitating that persons mode would be detrimental to my image and therefore my ability to gain report. Any thoughts?

Post subject: NLP Books
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:39 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I get all of my material on Amazon used. Great prices and generally in great condition. I'd suggest the "Structure of Magic" volumes 1 and 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I went to the changingstates.co site and it had a lot of useful information that I found very interesting. I'm not sure I'd actually use tactics like anchoring as it is a little out of character for me and I would not feel very comfortable practicing it on others. The concepts about modalities and how one can gain report by operating in the same modality as another person, however, seen very useful. I went around today and tried to figure out what mode people were operating in, and to my surprise it was quite simple. I am left with one rather pressing question, however, that being: is it better to act confidently with your chest out and a strong voice to a kinesthetic person who is slouching and talking very slowly or would it be better to imitate their state? It seems like imitating that persons mode would be detrimental to my image and therefore my ability to gain report. Any thoughts?
I am kinda new to NLP but from what I have learned so far, you would most likely start with mirroring to gain initial rapport. Then you would be able to take the person to a new state by going there yourself. If you are doing theings correctly they should follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Can you or someone else redo the links to the rapport stuff so that it is visible and linkable from here as it does not show up and is not linkable or visiable that I can see.

I would suggest that the links either be redone or fixed in some way so that they are visible and accessable to everyone here.

Quote:
Weeeeelllll.... apparently I can't edit my post. (Maximum edit time is 3000 minutes?)

So, for more Seduction related NLP:

LINK: Building Rapport
--Bit of information on rapport and how to create it

LINK: Speed Seduction
--Dono how I left this out on the OP... This is Ross Jefferies Stuff.

LINK: NLP Mind
--A lot of the info here is promoting their "seminars" however amidst all the propaganda is some useful information, especially in the "articles" section.[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I would suggest checking out 'Using your brain for a change' by Richard Bandler as it is quite good in my opinion.

Anything by Bandler is your best bet when it comes to NLP as he and John Grinder are the founders of NLP so there is no way that you can go wrong there.

Ross is supposed to be best friends with Bandler, but I don't know if that is true or not. All that I know is that much of NLP is based upon the works Dr. Milton Erickson so studying anything that you can about him and his work can be of benefit to someone wishing to understand NLP better and hypnosis as Erickson was considered the worlds foremost hypnotherapist in the world up until his death in 1980.

Prior to that any psychologist or therapist that had a patient that they could not handle themselves usually refered the patient to Erickson as Erickson really did know how the human mind really did work and he not only knew how to create rapport with you right down to your breathing, but he also knew how to influence and persuade you into doing things that you normally would not have thought about.

If anyone is interested there is a story in which Bandler and Grinder used Erickson's tactics on Erickson himself when they were just starting out to persuade Erickson into meeting with them and teaching them what he knew. If you are interested in the story it can be found in a book called the fine art of erotic talk. I can't remember who the author is right now, but I'm sure that search for the book can be found on Amazon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

:lol: good one. thank you for sharing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

this is great. thank you for this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:34 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Bandler's Books have already been mentioned, so I'll just remind you about him. There's a lot of useful stuff out there, but then again there's a lot of rubbish, a whole lot of surfers keeping to the wakes of creative geniuses like Richard Bandler.

I recommend you pick up the book "Monsters and magical sticks: There's no such thing as hypnosis?"
This is strictly not NLP, but it involves a lot of the techniques and ideas that lies as a foundation for NLP, so I warmly recommend it.
You'll find it on Amazon, ;)

Bandler's book "a guide to Trance-formations" is also very very good.

Ross Jeffries studied under Kenrick Cleveland, as far as I know, then under his old name Paul Ross. If you stumble across some of Clevelands old tapes you'll hear a guy talking called Paul, who also mentions his alter ego "Ross Jeffries" and how the way he is using the material is helping "thousands of guys" or something.

So if you can find it, Kenrick Cleveland's material has a very straight forward and factual approach to teaching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 am 
Married Moderator

Just a little heads up everyone, Bandler and Grinder are the founders and primary experts of NLP. However, they are very intense and indepth, I can't recommend any one to start reading something by them. Instead read at least a couple of "introducing NLP" books first and you will get more out of your reading, trust me on that.

By the way, has anyone read any of Ross Jeffries books? are they any good, or anything you recommend?

10 things I wish someone taught me about Pick Up 10-things-i-wish-someone-taught-me-vt53087.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

A footnote; Bandler and Grinder's Frogs into Princes and Structure of Magic are both a bit difficult for some to read, so while the educational value is great, it may be a bit hard to start off your NLP education with these.

So, I would recommend starting off with perhaps "an Introduction to NLP" or some of Bandler's newer books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:45 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

1. Ross Jeffries books and CD's.
2. Bishop's Journal
3. David Riker's speed seduction audio course.
4. Maximum Seduction by Rob J
5. Renegade Rapport
6. The Secrets to Creating Chemistry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

hey does anyone know if there is other material out there like Bishop's Journal? or does Bishop have any other material?