Everyone should watch this (seriously guys)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Videos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:08 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Not much for that lecture, but finally a post that gets it! Focus on life - not the female body! You will see just how sexy such an attitude is to the female. Girls will start to WANT to be with you.

This guy could pick up broads of any age. Why? Because his attitude is attractive. Plenty of girls would want to be around him. Hell, he is a better PUA than any of the guys who try to sell you their "secrets".

Remember, be who you are to the max!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

great video found this really helpful.

RIP randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
This is years old as far as I know. There was even an article in my newspaper (I live in Ireland) saying 'The Last Lecturer dies'... so its clearly a very famous video... great stuff all the same though. Theres a website called www.ted.com with alot of stuff similar to this but on varying topics.
This was done September 18, 2007. There was a book written about it that was released this spring and it pretty much instantaneously reached best seller status.

For anyone that still hasn't bothered to watch it, it is the last lecture Randy Pausch ever gave at Carnegie Mellon University, as he was told he had 3-6 months to live a month prior to giving it. The Last Lecture was something that some people discussed at one point, what you would talk about if you found out you were dying and had one last lecture to give. During his lecture and he said he was kinda thrilled that he finally qualified, lol. The lecture is on "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams", but has become so famous, if you look up "Last Lecture" you will find this specific one. The youtube video I linked to has been watched over 5 MILLION times and there's a whole lot more of them out there, as well as videos on abcnews.com and a multitude of other websites.

This was a GREAT man and it saddens me that I'll never get to meet him. Perhaps the world will be a worse place for having lost him, or perhaps it will become a much better place for it and the effect that this amazing speech has had upon people.

Randy Pausch Died 5 days ago, on July 25th 2008. I hope there is an afterlife, because this man deserves to go to the good place.
Rye Lee, do you happen to know the name of the book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Same name: The Last Lecture. He co-authored it too, so it won't be hard to find.

~ Rye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:29 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Heh...Wow man- I know you told me to watch this earlier, so I watched it today. WOW :), it really hit alot of stuff home that I been tying together the last couple days. Didn't drop mad notes, did drop some damn good quotes though.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

that speech gave me diabetes, it was soo sickeningly sweet... as a 5 year Neuropsychologist, pretty much any kind of self help makes me sad, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:00 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Same name: The Last Lecture. He co-authored it too, so it won't be hard to find.
Thanks man, I hope the book is as good as this video, although Im not able to watch it, it sure sounds very good due to all the comments!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I know this thread is really really old, but I stumbled upon it and have to give my praises to Randy Pausch. I saw the last lecture at a seminar at my university and ended up being so motivated that I picked up the book on Amzon the next day. Actually, I finished it right after finishing The Game, was a great 1-2 punch for me to get started not only here in the PUA community but in my other goals in life hahaha. Anyway, anyone who hasn't read his book, I highly recomend it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:26 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

A million thanks to Rye Lee for recommending this video!! What makes this great is the fact the 'Professor Boy' has only about six months to live and is still so optimistic and enjoying himself to the fullest. Hats off to the attitude towards life:) This one is going to stay with me forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: bzktpp
was planning to only watch about 15 mins of it but was sucked in, great speech!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This guy had a great attitude even in an adverse situation. He was very confident about what he was saying probably because of his many experiences.

I bet he knew how to DHV with the best of em, thanks for posting it up

J. Jericho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

wow. Just...wow.

With all the garbage around the forum, it's really unexpected to find something so valuable..

Thanks for sharing it, and I mean it.

xFox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:40 pm 
Really, it was one of the best stuff I've ever seen.
It's gonna keep me thinking for weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:46 pm 
Dedicated Member

Here's the same presentation from Randy Pausch but shorter:

I've seen the hour-long presentation, this short version was a great reminder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Cheers for this Rye , just finished that truly inspirational video. Definetly worth a watch. I particualrly loved his view of 'Brick Walls'.
AGREED!

I don't want to tell you what it's about, he tells you within the first few minutes all you need to know. What I WILL tell you though, is I basically never take notes on stuff, I did for this and I have several pages. I stayed up far later than I should have last night in order to watch this.

Here's a few of the things he said that truly moved me:

"Be prepared: lus is where preparation meets opportunity."

"It's not about going after your dreams, it's about living life right and if you do, the dreams will come to you!"

"Don't complain; just work harder."

"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap."

"It's very important to know when you're in a pissing match and it's very important to get out of it as soon as possible."

and here's the BIG two:

"When you're doing something wrong and no one is bothering to tell you anymore, that's a bad place to be. It means they gave up on you. Your critics are the ones that are telling you they still love you and care."

I want every single person to remember this when they get constructive criticism (especially on here this happens a lot) and they argue with it and get pissed off that someone is telling them they are doing something wrong, cause what happens, is that just makes people give up on you a lot faster, cause they KNOW you won't listen and improve.

and last but definitely NOT least

"Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things."

That underlined, cause they don't force us to prove anything, as he says, "the brick walls are only there to keep the people that don't want it badly enough out" so if you want it badly enough, that's an opportunity, not something you should be upset over.

That's definitely not all of them, so I urge you to watch it.
AGREED, TOO!

I like this line: "Don't complain; just work harder."; in my opinion a lot of people like to complain that their life is not the way they want to live it, and so they complain about the way it IS but they do the mistake and never start to change their life really/from the scratch, throwing away all the garbage out of it put something new in it. And that's the real hard work, not to complain, just work harder (to change your life). But if you never start you can complain over and over about your "bad" life.
It's like here on PUA-Forum, if you're complaining all the time that you can't get a girl but you never start to use and to follow the advices or you just like to read the nice episodes of others here on PUA-Forum and you have never started to change your behavior, your point of view or your stile of interacting with women you will never get a girl and probably you will say that the PUA-Tips/Hints never worked.

It's the same with getting the girl you want with getting the life you want: One day you have to start - to change your life, your points of view, your expectations and so on. But the REAL hard work is to keep it going, against all odds, laughters and disadvantages from others.
This is just my experience in giving advices to other people how they will get a better life, and at the beginning everything starts to be hard but it is worth it. (: