whats going on with POF ?



Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Real Life Gaming » Online Sarging




Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:59 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Posts: 518
For the last 6 months I was trying to signup there and they gives me "This username has already been taken or contains invalid charactors such as @,'& etc pick another" all the time.......

And this is not because it actually exsts, its some kind of error.. because I was trying most ridiculous usernames such as sgd24d4f88sdf that does not exists for sure

Am I the only one having this problem?
thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Posts: 518
Ok I bump this thread after more than half a year because I have still have the same problem :shock:
I formatted my hard disk since then, cleared all my cookies and whatever and I still can not create an account there.
It gives me this error that I used illegal characters in my username (even when my username is only letter and/or numbers)
I thought it might be because of my country IP (not likely since they accept all countries). So I tried using proxy and still same error

X-FILES? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:47 am
Posts: 43
Location: Uk
no idea, I have set-up 5+ accounts over the past 3 months, all with no problem.

do you want me to create you one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:47 am
Posts: 43
Location: Uk
no idea, I have set-up 5+ accounts over the past 3 months, all with no problem.

do you want me to create you one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:58 am
Posts: 656
silverito wrote:
Ok I bump this thread after more than half a year because I have still have the same problem :shock:
I formatted my hard disk since then, cleared all my cookies and whatever and I still can not create an account there.
It gives me this error that I used illegal characters in my username (even when my username is only letter and/or numbers)
I thought it might be because of my country IP (not likely since they accept all countries). So I tried using proxy and still same error

X-FILES? :shock:


What browser do you use, have you tried other ones?
Is your computer set to use a language that might necessitate weird characters?

Frankly though, I'm not a fan of POF... so you may be better off! ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 am 
Offline
Mr. Nemo

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:18 am
Posts: 3104
Location: OC, California
Weird. You could always try and e-mailing them and tell them whats going on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 pm
Posts: 280
a few people seem to have had that problem but not concrete solutions...maybe you're IP blocked but it isn't going to tell you directly. try using a free vpn such as http://ultravpn.fr/
to connect with a different ip.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:58 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Posts: 518
Thanks for suggestions, no:
1. I tried with all browsers
2. No IP, I tried with proxys as well...
3. No weird keyboard or characters, I am using only english letters and or numbers

Its very strange..

PS: whats better than POF? Free of course.
I am not online dating guy, I just want to use it to hook up with some girls when I travel to another country


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
Offline
Member of MPUA Forum

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 188
Location: London, UK
silverito wrote:
And this is not because it actually exsts, its some kind of error.. because I was trying most ridiculous usernames such as sgd24d4f88sdf that does not exists for sure


Hey thats my username.

_________________
Tony T


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:45 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:58 am
Posts: 656
silverito wrote:
Thanks for suggestions, no:
1. I tried with all browsers
2. No IP, I tried with proxys as well...
3. No weird keyboard or characters, I am using only english letters and or numbers

Its very strange..

PS: whats better than POF? Free of course.
I am not online dating guy, I just want to use it to hook up with some girls when I travel to another country


The only free site I actually like is OKCupid, though I've had limited success with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 pm 
Offline
Mr. Nemo

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:18 am
Posts: 3104
Location: OC, California
Onoma wrote:
silverito wrote:
Thanks for suggestions, no:
1. I tried with all browsers
2. No IP, I tried with proxys as well...
3. No weird keyboard or characters, I am using only english letters and or numbers

Its very strange..

PS: whats better than POF? Free of course.
I am not online dating guy, I just want to use it to hook up with some girls when I travel to another country


The only free site I actually like is OKCupid, though I've had limited success with it.
Same here, tho I haven't exactly put in a lot of effort into it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 pm 
POF is a piece of shit. i canceled that after like 2 weeks last year. if you know how to make a web site, and then go smoke a bunch of angel dust, perhaps POF is what you'd come up with. come to think of it, a lot of the chicks on there looked dusted.

dabbled in okcupid - interface is actually really good. at least in my region of the world, the girls just were not my type. i'm not saying there are not good looking girls on there though.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:39 pm
Posts: 215
Unfortunately, POF is a piece of shit. You can't write an interesting profile without it being deleted. Not only that, but you're limited to like two form emails per day, so you have to keep changing it up. It's definitely not for folks who have lots of options.

OK Cupid is very good, but it doesn't have a lot of people on there.

Match.com would be really the best if they wouldn't censor your profile. I mean...seriously?? You have to hustle to squeeze your profile through the censors...and it costs money. Still, it's the best deal around, in my experience. Haven't been on there in over a year though.

If you have any good free alternatives, please post. I'm only messaging on Myspace now...sporadically at that. Myspace has a plus because it's not a dating website per se. I'd love to game on facebook but i haven't found the time to see how to find local girls on there. I keep trying to see groups from local colleges but it never works out. Përhaps someone here would care to elaborate how to game on facebook? Myspace is trash but it's the only thing that works for me so far...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 pm
Posts: 280
zoosk app on facebook has the highest number of locals I've ever seen on a dating site/thing. 50 million accounts!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:31 am 
Offline
Mr. Nemo

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:18 am
Posts: 3104
Location: OC, California
Xargon wrote:
Unfortunately, POF is a piece of shit. You can't write an interesting profile without it being deleted. Not only that, but you're limited to like two form emails per day, so you have to keep changing it up. It's definitely not for folks who have lots of options.
lol. If you knew what you where doing then you would never have those problems.

Quote:
OK Cupid is very good, but it doesn't have a lot of people on there.
Cupid is I believe the second biggest free dating site behind POF.

Quote:
Match.com would be really the best if they wouldn't censor your profile. I mean...seriously?? You have to hustle to squeeze your profile through the censors...and it costs money. Still, it's the best deal around, in my experience. Haven't been on there in over a year though.
I was on Match a while back and had not problems with any forum of censorship. But any pay dating site in general will be better than a pay one. As the people there are more serious about finding someone to date compare to the free ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: