afc adam london notes(social proof)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:02 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: pyro+tyler68
Afc Adam London on social proof

Hey Guys,

Here's one of my threads on Social Proof game, This is pretty much where I concentrate all my efforts nowdays. I have a system in my life to try and capture the idea of social proof so that I can always use it when I sarge. I'll try to give some examples of this in some of my posts.

Social proof is essentially a means to generate Pre-selection, and Propinquity.

Pre-selection was a form of attraction that I feel was adequately outlined in a psychological test covered last year by Benedict Jones. The theory behind Pre-selection has been around since the mid 1900's and argueably before, however I feel this test sums it up more than well enough for our purposes.

The Test
Benedict Jones Test 05.02.06 participants first viewed eight pairs of male faces and indicated which face in each pair they preferred and how strongly they preferred it. Following this, participants viewed a slideshow where they saw the same pairs of male faces, but in which a woman was shown looking at one of the men in each pair with either a happy expression (i.e. smiling) or a relatively negative (i.e. neutral) expression. After the slide show, participants repeated the initial face preference test.

Results
For female participants, a paired samples t-test comparing the change in mean strength of preference for target faces in the happy and neutral conditions showed that the increase in preference for faces that were smiled at by women during the observation phase was greater than that for faces that were looked at by women with neutral expressions.

So we can see from the test that women generally prefere men that other women are already attracted to. As certain emotions can be ambiguous to see from a distance or without understanding the context; a harmless smile will often be perceived by others as a signature of attraction.

Therefore the more people you speak to in a room and leave feeling good about themselves with regards to you the more pre-selection you will generate. This could be done by anything from going around taking pictures of people, to getting everyone to dance, to buying everyone a drink, to just saying hi to everyone you meet.

However Social Proof is even more powerful as it also generates Propinquity, and this is a form of comfort.

Preselection = Attraction
Propinquity = Comfort

Attraction + Comfort = Lay

(Awsome formula eh? Who Said I was crap at maths.)

Propinquity is the term used to describe a physical proximity, special bond, or some form of kinship between things. Psychology views this is one of the leading triggers in interpersonal or social attraction. It roughly relates to being close to someone else in some form or another. This could be in physical terms, i.e you live in the same area as someone or not so physical, you both belong to the same association. The closer the proximity the higher the propinquity. For example those living on the same floor in a building have a higher propinquity than those on different floors.

In this Diagram we can see that A and B would both be attracted to C as C lies within both of A and B’s Circle. Likewise C would be attracted to both A and B and would have the option of choosing either. D is the outsider of the group, and therefore holds the lowest levels of attraction to any of the other parties.

The propinquity effect is the tendency for people to form friendships or romantic relationships with those whom they encounter often. In other words, relationships tend to be formed between those who have a high propinquity. It was first theorized by psychologists Leon Festinger, Stanley Schachter, Kurt Lewin and Kurt Bach in what came to be called as the Westgate studies conducted MIT university in 1950
Propinquity can be more than just physical distance. For example, residents of an apartment building living near a stairway tend to have more friends from other floors than others. Propinquity also applies to Social groups. These could consist of class mates, friendship social circles or even work colleagues, and explains the tendency for teachers to date teachers, members of the police force to date each other and so on.
In 1956 Alan C Kerckhoff conducted a study on residential propinquity, around 70% of the married couples lived within 20 blocks of their partner before marriage. This seems obvious when you think about it. Yet it is something people don’t really think about.

It seems strange to say that just being close to somebody generates attraction, yet if you notice the amount of IOI’s you get if you see a girl every morning on the same train, or from someone who lives in the apartment block opposite you. You will almost always begin to say hello every day. Obviously this isn’t the be all and end all, however it is the start. Social proof enables us to generate this regularly creating this initial spark whenever we vybe with a room showing that the room is our social circle and that they are part of it.

It is powerful because it is a passive form of game, When run correctly it enables you to get opened. My wing and best friend Jim Stark used this to close his incredibly hot current girlfriend who is a slim blonde model type and at least 6 inches taller than Jim. She actually asked him on the night.

"Who are you? Why does everyone seem to know you?"

The fact that it requires little outer game and instead primarily relies on having fun and possesing a sold Inner game frame to work from, makes it something that people can get to grips with easily without jeapodising their own personality.

It has been the basis of my game since I started in the community and is in my mind the reason I have done as well as I have so quickly. Though I am always looking to make myself better. I have seen past tutors and wings of mine stare at me as with only social proof and a few simple afc lines I have managed to close girls that blew them out previously. Then watched them completely alter their game to focus on Social Proof to amazing effect.

You want the magic pill? It doesn't exist. Social Proof is the next best thing.

AFC AdamLondon

Self help.. that's mental masterbation. Self Destruction.. now we're getting somewhere!
"http://www.confidencedynamics.com"- science backed confidence coaching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

WiTF is this lol? interesting post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:29 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Loved every word. Everybody should read this.

hollywoodinpa on The Transition to Natural Game:

the-transition-to-natural-game-vt15880.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:56 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Finally this is what ive been looking for social proof attraction it conqers the two things ive been working on for months too bad im not in texas ill buy the book and tell you how it is

thx for the post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:16 am 
Moderator Emeritus

Mind-boggling.

Thanks for posting!

here-vp88758.html#88758
here-vp102701.html#102701

On we plough.

Love,

Ace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:48 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

AOL: latergator83
Social proof is very very powerful. Think reputation x 100 in terms of the impact it has on people's perception of you.

I believe Style demonstrated this by outgaming Andy Dick, who had celebrity level reputation. But because Style was the life of the party he was able to completely blow him out and make himself far more attractive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:17 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This is incredible. The fact that it can make you seem larger than life is a huge asset to anyone's game. cool stuff man!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:26 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Great post, really love AFC Adams work. Especially from a High schoolers point of view this stuff is massive to your game, definatly going to look further into the social proof type material. Thanks for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:32 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

essentially I am very new having only really gone out with the intention of sarging 4 times thus far.. but since the start social proof has been one of the things ive tried to set up first. it can be hard, if your in a club, (and if your like me.. you have gone by yourself), to really get the social proof thing happening but the times ive had my best success i can definately part/attribute them to social proof thats why i really buy into it. i just want tips on good ways to get social proof down when you are by yourself... or if your in a group, how do u go about social proofing THEM and having it so u look like 3 important guys rather then 3 desperate chumps? (plus me, haha)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:09 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Wo. <a href="http://www.afcadam.com">AFC Adam</a> is a true psychologist. This is identical to the kind of studies I learn about in psychology, why the hell must mine be about memory???
Wicked thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:44 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Four words- YEAH? AND? SO? WHAT?

It's called P-R-E-S-E-L-E-C-T-I-O-N and the term was first popularised by Mystery LONG before Benedict Jones published this report in 2006.

Also "Propinquity" just means P-R-O-X-I-M-I-T-Y- again credit- Mystery.

Who needs a study to say women want what other women desire. Even the guys behind "Beatlemania" in the 1960's understood that videos of young girls chasing Ringo, Paul, John, George would mean legions of other female fans would follow suit (along with record sales.)
Or Chris Martin from Coldplay getting preselection from dating Gwyneth Paltrow; from women who previously thought he was an anorak wearing geek.

If you search for other Benedict Jones studies you'll also find that she has released other "studies" that AFC Adam may not like. For example he did one that said men will sleep with anything; as long as a female is the only female in the room.

Last edited by Fame2Advancement on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:54 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Is all of his literature done in this fashion? From what I've read of his method, I really like it. Completely different from mystery's, and thus different from all the clones everywhere.
I really respect AFC adam, but your statement is laughable- its exactly the same as Mystery's.

ALL the words AFC Adam uses in his method come from Mystery Method.
Qualification? Pre-selection? Negs? Social Proof?
I own both the Venusian Arts Handbook 2005 which Mr M (aka Jim Stark Adams Old Wing and Mystery Method/Love Systems instructor) swore by- before Mystery Left- and Adams "Principles of Attraction" and there isn't a difference between them.

I hate to sound like a nutswinger but no-one will ever be as good as Adam Lyons, Gambler or any of the PUA Training guys unless they study the MM first. Strip away the Bells and Whistles and you'll just find the same old Attraction, Comfort and Seduction but just re-worded in the forementioned PUAs methods.

I think Adam Lyons and Gambler are more than aware that the Original Mystery Method E-book is no longer available- other than by torrent- and so can discredit any claims they ever learnt from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:39 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: pyro+tyler68
Why so angry fame?
Quote:
I hate to sound like a nutswinger but no-one will ever be as good as Adam Lyons, Gambler or any of the PUA Training guys unless they study the MM first.
Maybe you didn't mean to say this? If you did I totally disagree. There are thousands of guys out there who are amazing with chicks that don't even know who the hell mystery is. I personally think breaking down dating into some set routine makes it lose alot of its charm. I have read the mystery method, but honestly its just not for me. I'm to a.d.d to follow some set routine and I love how I can make each interaction different. There are a couple of gurus who do not follow mystery method at all that are amazing with chicks. Juggler, gunwitch, david d, ross jeffries and many others would probably snicker at your post. Believe what you want I guess, but personally I think hard work, a little creativity, a lot of fun times, and a love for women are what it takes to get amazing with chicks. As for MM it's good and all, but it by no means is the be all end all. Mystery aint no pickup jesus.

Self help.. that's mental masterbation. Self Destruction.. now we're getting somewhere!
"http://www.confidencedynamics.com"- science backed confidence coaching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:04 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

[quote="anutharound"]Why so angry fame?quote]

1) You reckon that Preselection and Proximity....um sorry PROPINQUITY is a new discovery.
Obviously you have NOT read MM or you would've been aware of these facts and not posting them like they were new discoveries.

2) Notice how your post mentioned "Jim Stark?". Jim Stark is called Mr M (go to Love Systems website), who prior to Mystery leaving was a Mystery Method Instructor and Wingman of Adam Lyons before the whole Mystery Method/Love Systems court case.
In fact Savoy (Jim Stark/Mr M Manager) only released Magic Bullets as one part of the Court Case was he couldn't use Venusian Handbook anymore.
However its still in the Love System DVD and CD sets as instructors use the still A1,C1,S1 terminology.

3) Gambler's (AFC Adam's Company) teaches Mystery Method by any other name. As follows.
Mystery Method-
Attraction, Comfort, Seduction

Gambler's "Three Personality Type Progression"
Mr Sociable (an "Attractive" party person)
Mr Comfort (builds "Comfort" with girls)
Mr Bad Boy (he sexually "Seduces" women)

So far- I cannot tell the difference can you?
I follow MM BUT have never used a routine in my life. In fact MM (at least Venusian Arts Handbook) DOES encourage people to use their own personality and talks in details about the pitfalls about Routines.
Having read The Venusian Arts Handbook I'm sure you are 100% aware of this yes?

4) My gripe is that whilst it is obvious the people you mentioned have had great success following Mysetry Method- why should others be discouraged from reading from the source just because Gambler and AFC Adam would be shown up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:27 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yeah Hobbit and you sound like AFC Adams Public Relations Manager

Also this being a PUATraining owned website (isn't that right Chief?), I'm sure that some guys who post here work for PUATraining- they are always preaching "Natural Game" (there's nothing Natural about what ANYONE on this website does).