Text game...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

Post subject: Text game...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: m0onwa1k3r
The following conversation occured over text messaging..

Me:Im about to get a cup of coffee. Come along and entertain me.
HB: lol u like texting me at work huh
Me:Of course i love flirting with working girls...I need someone who can support my lifestyle.
HB:Stop being sarcastic with me! I cant tell when your joking anymore!

I recognized the last statement as a shit test and simply ignored it...But what are possible ways one couldve responded to it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If she tells you do stop doing 'x', you either do it MORE, you ignore it, or you can accept her request only if she does something insanely unreasonable for you:

ME:I'll stop being sarcastic when you stop being bratty (or some other neg)

ME:What? Me? Sarcastic? That's unpossible (yes, spelled wrong)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:25 pm 
Dedicated Member

It's a fairly valid concern with text; tonality means nothing in an all-text environment. I'm rarely sarcastic in text-only environments, and when I _am_, I make it explicit.

Call her and tease her on the phone instead. At least that way she can hear the sarcasm, even if she can't see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ambiguity is good. If she is not sure whether you are being sarcastic (ie joking) she can't be offended (well, hopefully). But if she does think it is funny she will assume it is sarcastic. Texts are a fun part of my game because you can't always be sure how something is sent or received. Use a little risque humour. If she doesn't like it she'll let you know.

I would tend to say ignore any comments like 'i can't tell anymore if you are being sarcastic'. Or if you want come back use something like: 'i thought you could read me, if you can't even get my humour we can't be meant for eachother! You are so dumped! - did you get the sarcasm there?'

Post subject: Re: Text game...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: scotty203
This is old thread, but I thought I'd respond
Quote:
I recognized the last statement as a shit test...
I wouldn't call it a shit test. Shit tests are when someone seriously says something. Like if a girl ignores you and starts talking to her friend at the club. That could be a shit test. I would call this joking around.
Quote:
ME:I'll stop being sarcastic when you stop being bratty (or some other neg)
Wayyy too strong for the situation. Maybe if it was real playful, with elclamation points and winking smileys. Matching her level of joking around with the sarcastic comment.
Quote:
ME:What? Me? Sarcastic? That's unpossible (yes, spelled wrong)
Hmm, too focused on the sarcastic comment. Makes me feel a little bit like: Don't you have anything else to say? Preferably you should add a bit to the convo, not just react to what she said.
Quote:
'i thought you could read me, if you can't even get my humour we can't be meant for eachother! You are so dumped! - did you get the sarcasm there?'
This is okay, one way to respond.

Post subject: quick advice needed!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Guys,

I met this Hb8 at a social party and shes was seeking rapport, and asking all sorts of questions giving me all sorts of IOI's... but instead of gaming her I overnegged her and I was gaming her sister instead and I felt as if she was jealous... anyway I ended up getting her number from my freind and I texted her tonight saying hi Christine.. she replied with Whose this eventhough my freind had given her my number as well... so she knew who it was.. well anyway I told her who I was and 20mins later she goes O. Thats it I got an O from her, and I am like damn it .... is this girl trying to play hard to get, or is she not interested anymore.... I am not experienced so I dont knoww.. well anyway just from her response, I didnt bother texting her back with anything... so what do you guys think?? what should I do next? I mean I wanna get to know the girl and she even told my freind before this party that she would be interested in me.. but I think I fucked it up during this party... bad first impression....So need your help guys please let me know AsAp....

SamBoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:50 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ambiguity is good, I agree. Play with it, keep mixing it up. But make sure you use phone game, etc too. Just make sure you are the same person in text as you are in person. If you are super-witty and un-concerned in text then you have to back it up in person.

The above suggestion about her reading you, dumping her, etc, is a perfect cocky-funny response. Don't take her seriously, make everything fun, and keep her guessing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

My favourite babe of today: Jenna Doll - http://www.fiddleflicks.com/jennadoll.html (trailers and photos)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Samboo:

I would wait about two days before texting her again and then use a good opener on her... if she still doesn't bite, move on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 am 
New to MPUA Forum

SamBoo

firstly you shouldnt have replied by saying your name etc you should have said something CF and i would like to have seen your first text.. assume she remembers u!!

neway now u should ignore the O.. like a shit test ignore her for a few days then try set up meeting and DHV dont directly ask her out or show u wnt/need her make her work for it like she needs it.

hope that sort of helps.. its hard puttin whats become like natural into words

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I texted her again today
me-hey Christine whats going on
25 min later I guess she was on the train so she couldnt answer back she says - hey actually on the way home from the city
me- Nice so u work in the city thats exciting..
her- No went shopping
me- I was there sunday shopping on sunday they had some sick sales so did u find anything?
her-Na! only my sister did
me- I am glad am not a female haha

and that was it... I dont know what the fcuk am doing really Iam not used to this text crap... after my last text I never got a response back.. and I didnt want to bother texting her either I have a feeling that shes playing hard to get or shes just not interested... I dont know.. although I would like to tell her that I want to get to know her.. but we have never spoke on the phone so I cant really do that via text its annoying... well anyway this is what happened today.... any suggestions guys????

Thanks again...

Quote:
SamBoo

firstly you shouldnt have replied by saying your name etc you should have said something CF and i would like to have seen your first text.. assume she remembers u!!

neway now u should ignore the O.. like a shit test ignore her for a few days then try set up meeting and DHV dont directly ask her out or show u wnt/need her make her work for it like she needs it.

hope that sort of helps.. its hard puttin whats become like natural into words

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:17 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I texted her again today
me-hey Christine whats going on
25 min later I guess she was on the train so she couldnt answer back she says - hey actually on the way home from the city
me- Nice so u work in the city thats exciting..
her- No went shopping
me- I was there sunday shopping on sunday they had some sick sales so did u find anything?
her-Na! only my sister did
me- I am glad am not a female haha
Obviously she was remembering what happened at the party. You hit on her sister => Only her sister "found something" ... You should have responded with a neg that implies something, such as You must be used to her getting things that you don't ;)

As for the original question, i like the "ME:What? Me? Sarcastic?" comment, but also I could see a more direct approach working, such as: "Well it seems like you need to get me better ;), lets get coffee tomorrow"

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

okay so i was texting a girl, everything seemed to be going okay until part of my conversation that i was having with a co-worker ended up in the text (i accidently started writing what he was telling me) and i didn't realize it until I looked at the text later, i apologized, but she didn't respond to either text and i feel like i screwed it up massively

What the text should have said
Great! I've been getting cravings for some food like all day (insert girls name here), we should get some food today, like pronto haha

What it did say
Great! I've been have cravings like all day and they have had something to do with you...we should get some food today, like pronto hahaha

Now i get that i'm not supposed to send another text, til probably tommarow, but how do i fix this for when i do!!?!? :(

Post subject: Re: Text game...
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm 
The name of the mothefucking game

Quote:
The following conversation occured over text messaging..

Me:Im about to get a cup of coffee. Come along and entertain me.
HB: lol u like texting me at work huh
Me:Of course i love flirting with working girls...I need someone who can support my lifestyle.

I recognized the last statement as a shit test and simply ignored it...But what are possible ways one couldve responded to it?

That is not a shit test, dude she is asking for clarification... The flirting is ok, there is not need to get all gimmicky go for the meet.

Dancefloor/Club game youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/dancefloorseduction