losing lots of weight safely

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi guys,

I am 6'2 and I used to weigh 322 pounds but started a fitness drive at the end of March.

I have so far lost 70 pounds in these five months which has been fine, I still want to lose another 30-40 pounds but also want to tone my body and not have any exess skin.

What is the best way to do this, prefable without going to a gym.

All I have done so far is change my diet and loads of cardio, obviously I realise that I am starting to reach a level on my weight loss and that its now that the real work starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 pm 

it can't be helped, you will have excess skin and stretch marks

but your skin will start to attach to your lean mass at around 10% body fat and below, you just have to keep going until you are really lean, and you will still have stretch marks (but they will start to look better, and tanning can help hide them)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:08 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

learn some nutrition john berardi is a favorite of mine. Eventually you will have to exercise to progress in shaping your body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi Swampthing,
Congratulation on losing 70 lbs and to lose 30-40 lbs more stick with your workout and follow your diet meal plans. Prefer raw food over processed food and increase your water intake. Drink green tea daily and avoid beverages and sodas. Wish you luck and keep updating us with your progress.

USA, 60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:36 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Few steps to lose weight safely:-
Step 1
Set your weight loss goal. Figure out what, for you, is an ideal weight, then determine how many pounds you need to lose to achieve that ideal weight. You can find a healthy weight based on your height by calculating your body mass index, or BMI. Alternately, your doctor can help you devise a healthy weight-loss goal.
Step 2
Set your weight-loss time line. A healthy rate of weight loss is 1 to 2 lbs. per week, so if your goal is to lose 50 lbs., you should be able to accomplish that in 25 to 50 weeks.
Step 3
Exercise. If you don't already exercise, you can begin by starting a walking program; walking for 30 minutes three or four times a week is often recommended as a way to start exercising. If you're already active, you can increase calories burned by lengthening your exercise sessions, adding resistance with wrist weights or exercising at a higher intensity.
Step 4
Reduce the amount of calories you consume. Eat fewer unhealthy, high-calorie foods and eat more nutritious, low-calorie foods. That doesn't mean you have to cut any foods out entirely; you can replace two slices of pizza with one slice of pizza and a salad.
Step 5
Monitor your weight loss and adjust your plan as needed. If you find yourself losing more than 2 lbs. each week, ease up on your exercise or eat a little more. If you're barely losing weight, increase your exercise and reduce calories further.
Step 6
Maintain your ideal weight. Once you hit your ideal weight, it's easier to maintain it than to regain the weight and try to lose it again.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hi Swampthing,
Congratulation on losing 70 lbs and to lose 30-40 lbs more stick with your workout and follow your diet meal plans. Prefer raw food over processed food and increase your water intake. Drink green tea daily and avoid beverages and sodas. Wish you luck and keep updating us with your progress.

USA, 60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Wow! congratulations on the 70 pounds. I've lost 35 pounds, so I know how difficult it is to lose weight.

My doctor actually told me 1 to 2 pounds a month is a good goal!!! But 1 to 2 pounds is nothing. My goal is to lose 5 pounds a month, and I've been successful the last 7 months.

I had tried to lose 10 pounds a month but I never met my goal. I've found 5 pounds is a more realistic goal for me.

I exercise a ton but it didn't do much. I just found I had to eat less carbs and sugar and eat more protein.

One of my favorite foods is cottage cheese with chives. It has 68 grams of protein per container and 10 grams of fat and it only costs $2.68.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey..
It sounds awesome you are quite near to your goal.. i suggest you to try swimming.. it is one of best cardio.. Hopefully it would effective for you and show quick result..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:26 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Losing weight is easy, just cut out saturated fat and sugar from your diet, don't eat carbs after 7pm and exercise. Putting on weight is harder than losing it. Just to maintain that weight at 320lbs, you were consuming thousands more calories a day than your recommended daily allowance. Your body doesn't WANT to be that heavy, and the only way it will get that big is if you consistently stuff your face until your stomach is bursting full. The stomach then expands and you continue to stretch it with more and more food. It's harder to keep putting weight on than it is to lose it.

Avoid fruit juices, they contain a massive amount of sugar and mislead you by saying "0% fat". High sugar will make you just as fat as high fat in the long run. Replace fruit juice with protein shakes and liquified vegetable drinks; far less sugar.

Stop avoiding the gym. Why don't you want to go to the gym?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

With a 100+ lb weight loss, I believe the only way to get rid of all the excess skin is via surgery. Especially if you're losing over 70lbs in 5 months. I've heard that it is better for your skin to lose 1-2lbs a week maximum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:18 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Working on weight loss? Then you probably want results -- fast.

Let me save you some time: skip the fad diets. Their results don't last. And you have healthier options you can start on -- today!

fruit and vegetables on scale

You can safely lose 3 or more pounds a week at home with a healthy diet and lots of exercise, says weight loss counselor Katherine Tallmadge, RD.

How to Lose Weight Fast

If you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds.

If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.

For instance, if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very important not to cut calories any further -- that's dangerous.

Limiting salt and starches may also mean losing more weight at first -- but that's mostly fluids, not fat.

"When you reduce sodium and cut starches, you reduce fluids and fluid retention, which can result in up to 5 pounds of fluid loss when you get started," says Michael Dansinger, MD, of NBC's The Biggest Loser show.

Diets for Fast Weight Loss

Dansinger recommends eating a diet that minimizes starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. For rapid weight loss, he recommends focusing on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.

Here are more tips from Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD, author of The Flexitarian Diet :

Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
Drink plenty of water.
Get tempting foods out of your home.
Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table. No grazing in front of the 'fridge.
Don't skip meals.
Keeping a food journal -- writing down everything you eat -- can also help you stay on track.

"Even if you write it down on a napkin and end up throwing it away, the act of writing it down is about being accountable to yourself and is a very effective tool for weight loss," says Bonnie Taub Dix, MA, RD, author of Read It Before You Eat It .

Besides jotting down what you ate, and when, you might also want to note how you were feeling right before you ate it. Were you angry, sad, or bored? We often focus so much on foods and calories, but our emotions are a huge part of our eating habits.

If you see a persistent pattern in your emotional eating, please consider talking to a counselor about it. They can be a big help in finding other ways to handle your feelings.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:57 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

try learning to cook, that's more important than ANYTHING when it comes to bbing. you need to learn to make your shit taste good. you need to learn how to use seasonings and spices. I like to saute various veggies and meats and various oils fills you up makes you feel satisfied as fuck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:14 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
try learning to cook, that's more important than ANYTHING when it comes to bbing. you need to learn to make your shit taste good. you need to learn how to use seasonings and spices. I like to saute various veggies and meats and various oils fills you up makes you feel satisfied as fuck.
Not my experience. I lost close to 150lbs and have maintained it for years. I didn't spice my foods for the first year of my food plan. I merely learned how to taste food as it actually is. Learning to cook and add spices took a much longer time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

In case you get tired, you should concern about oregano. This guy is very powerful. You need more energy, and this guy is the thing for you. With vitamins B and some organic compounds in its content, one of top oregano health benefits is to enhance your metabolism. This, in turn, helps to energize and rejuvenate the body by maximizing the circulation. Oregano is also rich in iron which is important for the production of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin will carry more oxygen to every cell and muscle, making you more energetic and stronger. You will have more information on this post. https://wikihomenutrition.com/oregano-health-benefits/ . You can use this for salad or dry it and then drink for more energy. Besides, it can boost many other parts of your body.
You can see banana is the fruit that can help you. Compared with many foods, bananas are relatively low in calories, but they are rich in antioxidants and healthy carbohydrates, which break down into blood sugar for fuel. Bananas happen to be low in fiber and are easily digestible, which means their sugar enters your body quickly for a rapid energy boost. Many athletics using banana as the energy booster.
There are many fruits and vegetables that help you to change the diet in to more various one. You can see more in this link: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/Internet/F...1p2_023109.pdf
http://www.scielo.cl/pdf/amv/v48n2/art11.pdf
https://repository.lib.ncsu.edu/bitstre ... sequence=1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

hii,
Eat a high-protein breakfast
Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice
Drink water a half hour before meals
Choose weight loss-friendly foods
Eat soluble fiber
Drink coffee or tea
Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods