The Secret.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject: The Secret.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I've been having those bad days this week so I thought I'd read something that would stop that and make me think positive again. So I made some research on Google and I found a book called The Secret. I read it, I also watched the documentary and I gotta say I'm astonished. It helped me in everything! Not only about the bad days! My confidence got bigger, I started meeting girls more often, my whole game changed. And I advice u to check that out too.

This is the official webpage http://thesecret.tv/
U don't have to buy it tho, the internet is free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:53 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This was awesome. A lot of shit that everybody on this website should definitely see. Inner game at its peak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:30 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The book helped me too. It changed my view for a lot of things. I'm planning on reading another book by Rhonda Byrne: The Power

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is one of the best material out there for improving your inner game :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

The Power... I shall look into this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Wait, so what does this book teach?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Wait, so what does this book teach?
In general; positive thinking and concentration/focus of your thoughts. The Law of Attraction; what you think about, is what you attract..that kinda stuff.
It's like when I would say: "Don't think about an elephant." and probably the first thing you will think about is an elephant..where focus goes, energy flows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Ive only just started reading this book and im pleasantly surprised. It seems so simple yet its quite genius. the concept is very straight forward...think positive and try to act on these positive feelings. It isn't as easy as it sounds to put into practice but i do believe it is possible with time. Negative thoughts are quite contagious when you think about it. If you have ever been around a negative person or situation these feelings and emotions generally tend to rub off onto you and you start to feel the same way.

I good trick for practice is to put a rubber band on your wrist and every time you think of something negative grab the band and sting yourself with it. If you do this consistently it will let your brain know that when this thought or feeling pops into your head it will relate the thought to a painful stimulus and will try to avoid the thought.

I think its best to avoid as much negative emotion as possible that interferes with your mental state. (easier said than done) e.g anxiety, harshly putting yourself or others down because of your/their looks or poor game etc. because for every negative thought or comment it usually takes around 10 positive thoughts to dismiss that bad feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

honestly didnt like the book much, the law of attraction is this unproven science called noetics and im a bit of a skeptical..it has alot of inner game but i would rather read a book on improving your psychology than noetics, stuff like the deep inner game video collection by DeAngelo and Dr Paul Dobransky
whatever works for you though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

There is also the dvd version which helped me you just got find a way of reminding yourself of this stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I saw that movie on highschool a long time ago and I loved it. I tried to apply it to my life but it went terribly wrong: I though about this girl I really liked and then she went and made out with my best friend.

Some time after that I realized that it wasnt a magical thing: you cant just think about something you desire and sit there just waiting for it to hit you, you must act in consequence to get it and if you have the right mental setup you will FEEL what you have to do and eventually reach your goal.

The most important part of it all is living always with a smile on your face: if youre in a good mood everything seems easier and even ugly things can be turned into good things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

What bothers me most about this stuff is it's actually really fascinating, but they have to put it into this mystical, secret society, gregorian music theme. When is there actually going to be someone who teaches this practically and to the point instead of telling it like a mid-evil story?