Definitive list of Situational Openers for Clubs and Bars!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Approaching and Opening

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:33 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Clubs and bars in the developed world are very similar to each other as are the type of situations you can expect to find there. Let's create a definitive list of great situational openers that work in any club or bar! (Yeah, I know I tricked you with the title of this thread but with your contributions we can make the content fit the title. 8) )

Sitting bar girl
Situation: you want to get a drink, bar is busy, girl is sitting at the bar.

Opener:
Put your hand lightly on her arm, smile and say "Can you make some room so I can get some drinks for my friends? This bar is crazy."
She will if you are confident and have a great smile. Next you can start talking about how insane busy it is and transition to normal conversation.

Waiting bar girl
Situation: girl at the bar is waiting for her turn to order. You make sure you stand behind or preferably next to her.

Opener:
Put your hand lightly on her arm, smile and say "They are not very eager to get us a drink around here now are they?". Wait for response if there is any and continue: "Can't you use your womanly charm to get his attention? I tried to charm him earlier this evening but that didn't seem to have the desired effect."
You can drag this out by suggesting that she leans forward or whatever. Just be playful with it and there should be an opening to move to some good conversation.

Weird girl
Situation: a group of people are dressed weird. (last night I ran into a group of very cute 21 year old girls dressed as native americans, feathers and all. Some girl turned 21 that day, so yeah, that made sense ;) )

Opener:
"So what is THIS all about?". I act very surprised and playful. They know they look weird and are eager to let you know there is a reason for it.

College girl
Situation: you're in a bar where you know lots of university or college girls hang out.

Opener:
"You look like you are [in college/attending university]?"

Let her respond and come back with "I [can see it/thought I could see it] by looking at your face. I know it's a bit judgmental but look around you and tell me that you don't see a lot of people you KNOW are not studying, right?"

She will look around and agree with you because every bar has loads of people that look a bit slow even if it's only from the amount of alcohol they have been consuming.

Bored girl
Situation: girl is playing with her phone or at least not actively speaking to anyone.

Opener:
"Are you being bored? Look at this place that is ridiculous."

Don't be serious but make sure it's apparent that you are joking. Most of the time it opens them right up but sometimes I get a bitch-shield or otherwise unhelpful response after which I pretty much repeat what I said before in a bit more detail.

"I just thought you looked bored when there are all these people around which seemed kind of strange."

Now add your own situational openers and let's make sure we're all armed to the teeth with awesome openers for any club situation! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Clubs and bars in the developed world are very similar to each other as are the type of situations you can expect to find there. Let's create a definitive list of great situational openers that work in any club or bar! (Yeah, I know I tricked you with the title of this thread but with your contributions we can make the content fit the title. 8) )

Sitting bar girl
Situation: you want to get a drink, bar is busy, girl is sitting at the bar.

Opener:
Put your hand lightly on her arm, smile and say "Can you make some room so I can get some drinks for my friends? This bar is crazy."
She will if you are confident and have a great smile. Next you can start talking about how insane busy it is and transition to normal conversation.

Waiting bar girl
Situation: girl at the bar is waiting for her turn to order. You make sure you stand behind or preferably next to her.

Opener:
Put your hand lightly on her arm, smile and say "They are not very eager to get us a drink around here now are they?". Wait for response if there is any and continue: "Can't you use your womanly charm to get his attention? I tried to charm him earlier this evening but that didn't seem to have the desired effect."
You can drag this out by suggesting that she leans forward or whatever. Just be playful with it and there should be an opening to move to some good conversation.

Weird girl
Situation: a group of people are dressed weird. (last night I ran into a group of very cute 21 year old girls dressed as native americans, feathers and all. Some girl turned 21 that day, so yeah, that made sense ;) )

Opener:
"So what is THIS all about?". I act very surprised and playful. They know they look weird and are eager to let you know there is a reason for it.

College girl
Situation: you're in a bar where you know lots of university or college girls hang out.

Opener:
"You look like you are [in college/attending university]?"

Let her respond and come back with "I [can see it/thought I could see it] by looking at your face. I know it's a bit judgmental but look around you and tell me that you don't see a lot of people you KNOW are not studying, right?"

She will look around and agree with you because every bar has loads of people that look a bit slow even if it's only from the amount of alcohol they have been consuming.

Bored girl
Situation: girl is playing with her phone or at least not actively speaking to anyone.

Opener:
"Are you being bored? Look at this place that is ridiculous."

Don't be serious but make sure it's apparent that you are joking. Most of the time it opens them right up but sometimes I get a bitch-shield or otherwise unhelpful response after which I pretty much repeat what I said before in a bit more detail.

"I just thought you looked bored when there are all these people around which seemed kind of strange."

Now add your own situational openers and let's make sure we're all armed to the teeth with awesome openers for any club situation! 8)
Good lord, these are brilliant and EASY!! Thanks man!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:25 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Good thread! Personally really need to work on the situational opener aspect of my game

Situation: (Bar/Club) Girl's standing by herself for awhile specially if she looks bored.

"Where are all your friends?? or do you like standing on your own?"
said playfully of course!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Bored girl

Opener:
"Isn't going out supposed to be fun?" Smile, look her in the eye and wait for her reply. She is probably waiting for her friends or whatever, say something like:"Let's dance until they come back." If she hesitates remind her she's in a bar by herself (do this in a cocky funny way, to make her laugh at her own situation). Now you have a few minutes of one on one enough to make your close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Girl that isn't being hit on
Situation: Two girls are out, one of them gets hit on, the other is sitting by herself, looking around, sipping her drink.

Opener:"Lame isn't it, when your girlfriend gets hit on?"
You can follow up her reply with a million different stories, questions or whatever. You will be in control of the conversation, try to get her to come with you. Go dance, talk somewhere more quiet, get a drink at the bar.

Follow up I like to use if her reply is yes:
- "I know what you mean, see my friend over there, he gets hit on all the time." This usually cracks a girl up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Girl that isn't being hit on
Situation: Two girls are out, one of them gets hit on, the other is sitting by herself, looking around, sipping her drink.

Opener:"Lame isn't it, when your girlfriend gets hit on?"
You can follow up her reply with a million different stories, questions or whatever. You will be in control of the conversation, try to get her to come with you. Go dance, talk somewhere more quiet, get a drink at the bar.

Follow up I like to use if her reply is yes:
- "I know what you mean, see my friend over there, he gets hit on all the time." This usually cracks a girl up.
I like this one. Especially the punchline. Feels very natural.

That is imho also the major benefit of the situational opener, they feel natural. All of the ones I posted I have thought of on the spot when I first used them which is why they are pretty simple and feel natural. Thinking of an opener on the spot displays quick thinking and wit which are attractive qualities to a woman. Personally I don't understand the need for opinion openers and I feel pretty silly when even thinking about using them. Of course that could be just me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:34 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Whoa, thanks.