Frame Control, Defining Reality, and Being High-Value

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:26 am 
New to MPUA Forum

WOW... I've been reading on all the tactics and tricks and routines and stuff for three or four weeks now after reading the game. I realized your state and your frame of mind mean so much more than all the technologies about a week ago. If i'm in state, the things i need to say and do just flow without any effort.

This thread is the first piece i've read that conveys the idea of state, inner game, and "being zen" with the game. Man i thought the logical side of the game was a mind-expander when i first found out about it! Your concepts here Stormy, are probably more beneficial to becoming effortlessly skilled at game than solid game concepts will ever be. As an old highschool math teacher used to tell me, "Garbage in, garbage out." I do believe people are simply programs designed by evolution, for all you mystery method people, but people's minds are far more powerfully influenced by emotional stimuli then logical. This goes for your inner game, as well as your outer game, and it shows too. If your inner game isnt congruent with your outer, then you're faking it. Inner game for me i believe will be the more powerful side of game for me. I was born a natural, and i know it; being in touch with what is already programmed into our minds, should not take logic to use, but only to understand.

Keep writing Stormy, you are one insightful sonofagun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Awesome stuff, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:19 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

awesome post man, really good stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:53 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Awesome posts. I just want to point out that there is more than one "frame". Don't be fixated on the happy, flirty one OP projects if that just is not you. If you're Huey from the Boondocks (cynical, deep thinker for those of you with no taste in cartoons) you don't want some happy, flirty airhead. As long as you both get something out of the interaction - mutual understanding, laughter, happiness, sex endorphins, whatever, then you're doing well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:34 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

No book. Hell, it still feels weird when Chief pays me for the live seminars. I couldn't imagine doing this stuff for a living. As such, I have no plans to charge money for my insight, ever.

More will come when my life is better sorted out. I've got financial issues to deal with, as well as allergies that more or less put me in bed by ten every night. This sucks; I've never had allergies before. >=(

I come up with most of my cool stuff either in field or on reflection the next day. My fieldwork's been few and far between lately, what with the allergies and no money, so no fun new insights.

If anyone wants me to talk about anything in particular, though, I can totally do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I downloaded the Power of Now CD and am still currently listening it. I understand how much my ego got to the best of me by providing me with fear and only focusing on past experiences, which is good to know so I can get rid of them. But as I watched all of the Mehow videos on being a natural that I downloaded...it seems like its mysterys method 2.0. I think I learned more from this post than anything else. Sure its a method on both stacking and being natural, but...i dunno where I am going with this. NEVERMIND :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

FUN WITH ECKHART TOLLE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5oiqvbptGM[/youtube]

I've been getting a lot of questions about Ecky, so I'mma lay on y'all what he's all about. Let me start by posting his Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckhart_Tolle

SO WHAT DOES HE TEACH?

As the title of his breakout work suggests, he's all about being in the Now. That means eliminating mental clatter by silencing it and focusing on the present moment. Not what you did wrong or right yesterday or ten years ago, or what could go good or bad five seconds or five years from now. In his words, he teaches you to start using your mind instead of letting it use you.

Seriously, think about your thoughts most of the time. When are they? People spend a lot of time thinking about the past or future. Planning for the future is all good, as is reflecting on the past... but how often is doing so useful? How much of your mental clatter is productive planning and not just static? When you think of the past, how often are you learning from it, and how often are you just watching a movie in your head?

And while you're thinking all of that, how much are you missing as the world keeps spinning, right here, right now?

Tolle says fuck that. Learn from the past and plan for the future, yes yes. But live in the present.

IS THIS GUY SOME SORT OF NEW-AGE FREAK?

Kinda, yeah, but only insofar as he uses some hippie terminology to get his point across. When he says "focus on your inner energy field," what he really means is "pay attention to the feelings in your body." Hell, I've been an avowed atheist for about fifteen years now and I still dig the guy. He was my first foray into spiritualism apart from Catholic Sunday School stuff. And I found out that spiritualism still has a use in this modern day because we're still human, and that use is therapeutic. Whether you think God exists or not, meditation of the kind that Tolle recommends has been in use for thousands of years, for good reason. It's ancient psychiatry, in a sense.

And according to a guy I know who studies this stuff hardcore, his philosophy and methodology seems to be mostly Taoist. And Chief is pretty Taoist, so I guess that's good.

WHO ELSE IS USING THIS?

As far as I know, Tolle first came into the Community via RSD. I'm not sure who first introduced Tolle to Tyler, or if he found him on his own, but the RSD boys caught Tolle Flu and we've been preaching it ever since. I'm not sure who else is using it now, but I'd imagine that most natural game dudes who know what he's about would at least give him a favorable mention.

HOW WILL THIS HELP MY GAME?

Tolle is an inner game juggernaut. You'll lose various Anxieties because you aren't focusing on any point in time except the present. No fear, no shame. Those exist in the future and past, respectively.

On an outer game note, your subcommunications will do better as well. You'll come off as chilled out and happy because you will be. You won't judge the people you're in set with, nor will you be afraid of them judging you. Your mood will be whatever you want it to be.

"Opening a set" becomes "going over to talk to these people." "Stacking material" becomes "I've got plenty to talk about. Who needs material?" Rapport becomes so easy it's a joke. It gets so easy that Juggler-style rapport-based game suddenly becomes an extremely attractive (if slow-moving) style. Shit, stack on the Vibing Article link in my sig and you're ready to get some daygame numbers.

Tolle will make it much, much easier to relate to everyone around you, which will make everything easier. And with your mind quieted, your day-to-day life will simply get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:15 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

CD, definitely. Rip it to an mp3 player and listen while meditating. It's easier to keep your mind clear that way. Power is the only work of his I've read, though.

Not familiar with Unstoppable Confidence, so I can't say much on it. Maybe you could go to the Reviews section and request a review from someone who has it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

almost done with Tolle...he made it easier to lose my ex and talk to my classmates who i would want to make a connection with. i love this audio book. <333 STORMY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:42 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

THis ia n awesome thread! I have just finished reading over everything. And thanks for the quick response on the question I PMed you. Oprah is cultlike!

My biggest problem is my self esteem and overthinking during a sarge. So if Tolle does help that, its worth the money and time.

Btw is there any video examples of Direct game in action? I'd like to see what the body language looks like, what all of the kino LOOKs like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Tim does some in Flawless Natural, and you may want to check out Keys to the VIP if you want to see good AND bad game in action. I recommend the episode with Josh v. Maximum Max. Josh is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:14 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

This is amazing! So many weird puas come up with weird routines, and come up with all this complicated bullshit, whereas this post makes it all seem simple!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:01 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Your claw link is down. I'm not sure what its supposed to look like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:37 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Your claw link is down. I'm not sure what its supposed to look like.

This is a relaxed Claw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:05 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

So basically a curled hand? Any other types of claws?