A Few Mindsets Derived From NLP...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:31 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I apologize in advance for this possibly being a strange post. I'm extremely tired, and I think I've been cramming too much info into my head all at once.
I digress.

I've been studying NLP more in-depth recently.
Not for use on others, but for personal development.
They have these sayings, called presuppositions.
I'm going to list a few of them here, cause I think they're really helpful.

The map is not the territory.
Think of it this way; the territory is the real world, which holds everything we see and interact with; the "map" is our perception of this world. Everyone is in the same world, but we all have unique maps. It's our own personal filters that interpret everything we see. I think once we fully embody this presupposition, that's when we can begin to change. Why does a PUA act differently from a AFC? Because he interprets the same information differently than an AFC, and therefore acts accordingly.

You cannot not communicate.
First off, realize that we communicate more through body language and other factors than we do with our actual words. On top of that, realize this: choosing not to communicate is still a form of communication. Take that in mind when you enter places, and you choose not to say hi, and not to make eye contact with anyone. What kind of messages did you just convey without action? Negative anti-social ones.

Underlying every behavior is a positive intention.
Think of a self-destructive behavior. Such as, not approaching anyone. Why do you do this? Because it's a form of protection, against rejection. You're mind does have positive intentions, even if they're silly.

People make the best choices available to them.
People will always make what seems like the best choice at the time. Have you ever wondered why someone did something, thinking you would've made a much better decision? PUA's think this all the time, about AFC's. But to the AFC, they made the best decision they could, cause that's what their "maps" told them.

There's no such thing as failure, only feedback.
This is the most important thing to remember. Every time somebody supposedly "fails", it sends signals to your brain in attempt to change your filters. This is why you shouldn't ever give up. Think about it... if a baby gave up every time it "failed" an attempt to walk, we'd have a whole lot of people crawling on the ground. Adapt this mindset. This also ties into the mindset if what you're doing isn't working, do something else.

We have the resources in us to achieve what we want.
Ever heard the saying, "I didn't know he had it in him"? Many of us have limiting beliefs about ourselves and what we're capable of. But we have everything we need. Think about it. We've all felt a moment where we've felt confident, or smart, or higher status, etc. It's just having the ability to call upon those resources at the appropriate times.

And lastly...
If one person can do something, then anyone can learn to do it.
I'll zip through this. The only things that keep us from achieving the success of others is our fear and our limiting beliefs. We have to realize we're capable of far more than we limit ourselves to. And most of the time, fear is just an attempt by our minds to protect us from over-exaggerated "dangers". The other point of this presupposition is that the quickest way to learn is through modeling. You want to get good at something, find the pros and model them. For AFC's, it means start hanging out with guys you know who are good with women.

Hopefully that isn't confusing.
I'm going to bed. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: HemiNmopar
Nicely written. I just finished reading "NLP : The Structure of the Subjective Experience Volume I" and I can absolutley follow everyone of those points.

Im going to be buying "The Structure of Magic" as Bandler and Grinder made refrences to that book throughout Volume I, and i feel that reading Volume I will help me better understand "Structure of Magic" and that book will be better applied to the typical PUA.

I suggest to everyone on this board and anyone wishing to better themself and gain a social edge to read up on NLP. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:35 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Nice work Element

My opinion:
I think people go into NLP too much. Has anyone checked out the old Ross.J's NLP tapes? i think they honestly address it all in like 1 hour worth of listening. I have friends that read books of NLP and you don't need that much.

Anyone agree?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:10 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Impact, I agree, and disagree.

With NLP, and Ross Jeffries in particular,
I get more of techniques, and a few "change yourself" patterns.
Which are interesting, don't get me wrong.
But I like to look deeper than that.

I'm not looking to become a PUA that depends on NLP patterns in pickups.
I just find the mindsets interesting, the presuppositions, frames, modeling,
and the ability to learn better and faster.

Even without the patterns and stuff,
NLP has alot to offer in it's outlook on human learning and behavior.

At the same time, yeah, I'm sure some people may become NLP junkies.
None that I've seen on this forum, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:05 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: HemiNmopar
information is power....

It cant hurt you to read up on everything possible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:00 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think the most interesting and the most indepth point is about the map not being the territory. So many times in our lives we miss the chance to have a positve interaction with a beautiful woman because our map (our interpretation of the world) doesn't cover the positve outcome of the situation.

I love how this point infers so many PUA traits, traits the women love. unpredicability, spontanuity, excitement etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:49 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: invertespiralx
very true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:24 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Nicely written. I just finished reading "NLP : The Structure of the Subjective Experience Volume I" and I can absolutley follow everyone of those points.

Im going to be buying "The Structure of Magic" as Bandler and Grinder made refrences to that book throughout Volume I, and i feel that reading Volume I will help me better understand "Structure of Magic" and that book will be better applied to the typical PUA.

I suggest to everyone on this board and anyone wishing to better themself and gain a social edge to read up on NLP. :D
Ive had "The Sourcebook Of Magic" by Michael Hall recommended to me. I havnt read much of it yet so I cant say how good it is, but I think its a good one to check out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

working with nlp is definetly an advantage.but overdoing it is destruction.if you study nlp in depth and go 2 deep,u probably will end up like a screwed up version of Ross J. does anybody disagree?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:59 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: xxorginizmxx
NLP is very strong, and if i use it i usually use it only to support my normal communication... but sometimes using NLP works the best in a situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I just picked up "frogs into princes" by the people that first came up with the idea that jeffries' work is based on. I just started, has anyone read this? should I look at jeffries's stuff at somepoint?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
The map is not the territory.
Think of it this way; the territory is the real world, which holds everything we see and interact with; the "map" is our perception of this world. Everyone is in the same world, but we all have unique maps. It's our own personal filters that interpret everything we see. I think once we fully embody this presupposition, that's when we can begin to change. Why does a PUA act differently from a AFC? Because he interprets the same information differently than an AFC, and therefore acts accordingly.
This is exactly what David Deangelo talks about in the LA 2002 Advanced dating seminar,

He talks about how a satelite view of the world shows everything, but it doesnt show you how to get to where you want to go directly,
but An a map that shows streets and the names of streets is good to get you where you need to go, But no one has a perfect map

[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:16 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

hey guys.
im pretty new to the PUA scene on this kind of scale and have read The Game, but i dont really have any understanding of NLP worth mentioning.. where do you think the best place to start would be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

find ross jeffires stuff the get brilliant nlp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:42 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

ross jeffries is under rated