Any way of recovering from awkward 1st date

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

While I know the forum isn't as active, there's still members here that might give me the advice I'm after.

Matched with a girl on Tinder a few weeks ago. Went on a date that didn't go as well as I hoped and now she isn't as responsive to texts. However, texts ar 1/1, she's mentioned she enjoyed herself and would be interested in a 2nd.

My mistakes were as follows. Waited too long to set the date, during this time, we texted each other every day (this wasn't my plan, but she was initiating every other day as was I) and last but not least, we went on a dinner date.

Firstly, the over texting was a horrible idea. On the date, I had nothing much to ask her as I already knew the answer. This resulted in many silences. When topics were brought up, we had fun, but probably stuck on the topic for too long.

I should've listened to previous advice about dinner dates. First I've been on and it's awkward as hell. You sit opposite each other allowing no room for escalation, and during the eating, you can't really speak too each other.

All together, it lasted three hours, had aome fun, bit it was awkward. We left each other on a hug and she asked me to let her know when I got home. She lived less than 5 minutes away while I had at least a hours drive.

I texted her when I got home and mentioned that I had fun and we should do it again sometime. She responded the morning after as she'd already gone to sleep saying she also enjoyed herself and agreed that we should do something again.

I took nearly 3 hours to respond as I was sleeping and since then the texts have taken a lot longer than usual to arrive. I know it's only been a day, and I know people are busy but things seem different. Rhe last she sent was 4 hours after one of mine saying she'd been sleeping but had just woken and was worried she'd be awake all night. I responded about 15 minutes later and as of then she hasn't got back to me. Usually when she slept, she messaged to apologise. Either in the morning, or she left it until I finished work.

I don't really want to send a text now, but would like to try something if she dosn't contact me in the next few days. I know I sound needy but she seemed cool and I fucked it up. Sorry for the long post but would you have any tips? How long should I wait before re-initiating contact? If she contacts me, do I match her response rate or do I keep doind what I do and respond when I have the time?