Forum revival ?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 139 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

Do you want the forum back ?
Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:28 pm
Yes  93%  [ 14 ]
No  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Forum revival ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Greetings everyone. Most of you probably don't know me, I am mostly a casual member, more of a reader than a poster. I joined this forum somewhere around summer I think and I kept following it since then. I also wrote a few posts in the confidence building section and I PMed some of the PUAs here and there with questions and that's kind of it. So basically I am at bottom level - AFC.
After having a discussion with n2thevoid about making a thread where people who would want the forum back would post and him saying he can't open a thread regarding this, I decided to do it myself - I know I am not exactly one of the most active members, but I myself am a user who does want this forum to get back active and I believe there's other people like me as well, perhaps even some of the mods here.

I am certain there are people here who want this forum back active and I am addressing them through this - one simple post in here if you feel this way.

Thanks for your patience in reading this.

TL;DR - post if you want the forum back

Yours truly AFC,
Rand

Last edited by RandyMarsh on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Forum revival ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Greetings everyone. Most of you probably don't know me, I am mostly a casual member, more of a reader than a poster. I joined this forum somewhere around summer I think and I kept following it since then. I also wrote a few posts in the confidence building section and I PMed some of the PUAs here and there with questions and that's kind of it. So basically I am at bottom level - AFC.
After having a discussion with n2thevoid about making a thread where people who would want the forum back would post and him saying he can't open a thread regarding this, I decided to do it myself - I know I am not exactly one of the most active members, but I myself am a user who does want this forum to get back active and I believe there's other people like me as well, perhaps even some of the mods here.

I am certain there are people here who want this forum back active and I am addressing them through this - one simple post in here if you feel this way.

Thanks for your patience in reading this.

Yours truly AFC,
Rand
Maybe set up a poll for people to vote on. Worth a shot. In the mean time to whomever is interested add your 2 cents below on why (or why not) this forum should be revived, and what it means to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Poll done. Also added tldr.
Peace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:00 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Would love for it to be revived. Feels a bit more personnal than posting on redditt and having it open to basically anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:53 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Of course you have my vote to revive this forum!

This site was and is very helpful to everyone..especially to new guys just starting out in the game. I wish that i had this when i first started. And as for guys who have been in the game for a while..(i'll speak for myself on this) i find this forum very inspirational and motivational..reading the posts of guys who have been or are out there taking massive action right now. Also, this is the place where like minded people who are into pickup, can share our ideas, advice, opinions, and experiences..that will not only help each other improve their game, but also our quality of life at the same time. Plus i like the way that each category is properly formatted at this forum in particular. I find this forum in particular as very neatly organized, easy to navigate, and user friendly..much more so than some of the other forums that i've seen. This forum should be revived for the guys & gals, that are still out here stepping it up and taking action in the area of pickup and self development..which apparently alot of us still are.

-G

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:05 am 

Quote:
Of course you have my vote to revive this forum!

This site was and is very helpful to everyone..especially to new guys just starting out in the game. I wish that i had this when i first started. And as for guys who have been in the game for a while..(i'll speak for myself on this) i find this forum very inspirational and motivational..reading the posts of guys who have been or are out there taking massive action right now. Also, this is the place where like minded people who are into pickup, can share our ideas, advice, opinions, and experiences..that will not only help each other improve their game, but also our quality of life at the same time. Plus i like the way that each category is properly formatted at this forum in particular. I find this forum in particular as very neatly organized, easy to navigate, and user friendly..much more so than some of the other forums that i've seen. This forum should be revived for the guys & gals, that are still out here stepping it up and taking action in the area of pickup and self development..which apparently alot of us still are.

-G
Well said.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:56 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I am glad we have you on this, G.

On another note, I saw people have voted on the poll and have not commented yet: have your 2 cents on this, people, we don't bite ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I agree.

I've been hanging on Reddit, and it sucks. Too many meatheads and teenagers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:56 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

One week left and very few posts. I suppose most people are gone by now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:07 pm 
The Grand Puba

I'm ok with letting the forum go. When I first joined there were real conversations and a lot of good advice. Over the last year or so, the advice given isn't from reality and turned into one size fits all advice and then taking it to an extreme. The people who took things to extremes drove away a majority of the good posters and has turned what was once considered the best PUA forums into a mediocre at best forum with meathead advice. It has gotten so bad that a majority of guys would be better served not coming to this forum if they legitimately needed help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 pm 

Quote:
I'm ok with letting the forum go. When I first joined there were real conversations and a lot of good advice. Over the last year or so, the advice given isn't from reality and turned into one size fits all advice and then taking it to an extreme. The people who took things to extremes drove away a majority of the good posters and has turned what was once considered the best PUA forums into a mediocre at best forum with meathead advice. It has gotten so bad that a majority of guys would be better served not coming to this forum if they legitimately needed help.
Meh it is what it is.

The last several months it seems fewer people were coming to the site, so perhaps re-constituting the website or taking it in a different direction would be a better approach for the community. Or if another board exists for those who care enough to seek can migrate onto greener pastures.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

@n2thevoid
I would be ok with either as long as we had somewhere to go, but I don't see any active forums around, apart from the reddit section which is plain crap. I'd prefer the reinstatement of these forums over reddit any day and I certainly am not the only one thinking like that, but I suppose most people moved on from here and the ones that are left are not enough for a reboot. These are my 2 cents from what I have seen lately.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

This forum is great, I also agree with Jack’s point as well. But there should be a place where guys can really share experiences with game

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 pm 

Ok well it's safe to say this forum won't be revived. Lets let go of that simple fact.

Someone (other than me) create a new place or suggest some other forums and those who care enough will join. If this forum wasn't cutting it as Jack implied then collectively find a solution. I don't have the time myself as I run a full time practice but if anyone has some basic know how go set up a forum and I am sure some people here will migrate there or find a place in-line with the kind of values we're trying to put forth and settle there.

Ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:26 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Ok well it's safe to say this forum won't be revived. Lets let go of that simple fact.

Someone (other than me) create a new place or suggest some other forums and those who care enough will join. If this forum wasn't cutting it as Jack implied then collectively find a solution. I don't have the time myself as I run a full time practice but if anyone has some basic know how go set up a forum and I am sure some people here will migrate there or find a place in-line with the kind of values we're trying to put forth and settle there.

Ideas?
I've been kicking around the idea since the announcement of this forum being archived and I am debating the possibilities of starting a new forum that will hopefully have the same spirit that this one once had.