Cognitiions of Approach Brutality

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Today I had a weird, but interesting experience. When I was on the rowing machine, I heard a loud banging sound on the Stair-master behind me. When I got off of the machine, I noticed a pretty girl was using it. I sarcastically asked, “Is that machine being bad?” She rolled her eyes as I noticed her Sorority shirt. Just in case she didn’t understand me I said, “cause it sounds like you’re back here kicking the hell out of it!”
I got the gist that she wasn’t interested so I walked away. Then I noticed this guy “mad dogging” me on the stretching mat. My first thought was, “Maybe that’s her boyfriend?” Then I thought about how I can’t read people’s minds and that this dude might have nothing to do with her. He might just have wanted to fight me or fuck me?
The revelation I got from this was that when it comes to us being afraid of either death by other men, or chatty women giving you a bad rep, I am more worried about being attacked. This must stem from my past because I box and lift weights every day. It’s not like I am an easy target or a pussy. So, how can I look at the situation, so I can create a sense of safety? How can I create the illusion that other men won’t want to stomp me for being a man and talking to girls? I can’t seem to shake this evolutionary flaw.
In compassion meditation, they talk about looking at the universals of the situation. They talk about accepting reality, and having compassion for yourself and the others involved. Maybe I can just look at it as, “I am just a dude trying to meet his needs, and these other dudes are just reacting from their instincts?” How can one have compassion over a fear of being attacked though?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:28 am 
PUA Forum Leader

The fuck?

I'm assuming "maddoggin'" just means he gave you some grief, if so who the fuck cares? People talk shit, that's life, has zero impact. You don't live in a kung fu movie, street fights won't break out from nowhere, so ditch the mentalist bs and chill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:54 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thank you for the reply, You are right, it's probably all in my head. I have made more of an effort to let the reactions of other people go. I am giving myself permission to be a man and fulfill my needs without other people's approval. (I know, lot's of New age mumbo-Jumbo!)