Did I get the rules of the forum wrong?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 132 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Sometimes I make posts with certain questions. They get views but not the answers (literally, 0 answers). Do I not get certain rules of posting?
Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 pm 
Read My Book

Are you posting them in the general questions section of the forum? Are the post clear with questions, organized and to the point?

And how about you post the links to some of your post here and i'll check them out.

Show Support, Buy The Book: 'The Secret Laws Of Social Wisdom - Click Here

http://www.EddieFews.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:59 am 
High Priest of Debauchery

All of your threads that I saw have all been answered by some of the most experienced and knowledgeable forum regulars on here like Heywood and OceanX. Maybe it's just the common case of newbies not getting the advice that they wanted to hear (or read).

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
All of your threads that I saw
You clearly mean only 1 of them

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Assuming your title was made to get attention.

Let's see how I can help as a mod: In your posts, I have a format to suggest:

First, lay out the situation (never a wall of text and as concise as possible), and then complete the post with something that asks for a clear call to action from other users. In other words, what do you want from the community of readers to do? Also, when looking at view count, remember that most people don't even post (lurkers) and prefer to only view information and posts. I can confirm this.

Anyway, things you could include in your next posts if you want more engagement:

1. Specific Advice
2. An Opinion
3. Etc. . .

That's good practice on the Forums. Be concise.

Disclaimer, though: I didn't check out your post history.

And don't forget to be humble. . . that's how I learned from the best on here, I promise. Stay away from missionaries and weird people. Very easy to spot. The guys posting in '08 were pretty fucking smart, especially when Gambler was active. Meaning, if you want to use our amazing and under-rated search engine, slap in some good keywords and you'll find a depository of good information.

I hope you feel more welcome on the website. PM if you ever need anything.
Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
And don't forget to be humble. . . that's how I learned from the best on here, I promise. Stay away from missionaries and weird people. Very easy to spot. The guys posting in '08 were pretty fucking smart, especially when Gambler was active. Meaning, if you want to use our amazing and under-rated search engine, slap in some good keywords and you'll find a depository of good information.

I hope you feel more welcome on the website. PM if you ever need anything.
This is interesting. Do the archives still hold merit, do you feel? I've read about "game" changing over the years. Also what was Gambler's username?

EDIT: OP you've made three threads and on two of them you've got replies. If your thread isn't littered with comments, it might mean that people agree with the first reply posted.