Girl constantly texting during date

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I was on a date with a girl and she was constantly texting and checking her facebook and instagram. WTF??

How do you handle that?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:04 pm 
The Coach

Don't hang out with her again.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:10 pm 

Yeah, she sounds really into you.

Why would you even reply to her texts after that? (Hopefully you're not :))

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:21 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Me: "You know what's considered the rudest thing you can do?"
Her: "What?"
Me: "Chaining yourself to your phone while you're with someone"

Maybe you're boring as fuck. Maybe you're just having a shit day or maybe she's just one of those girls. Either way, that's what I always said. If I have to say it 3 times I'll get up and walk.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:38 pm 
Read My Book

Quote:
I was on a date with a girl and she was constantly texting and checking her facebook and instagram. WTF??

How do you handle that?
You can only handle it if you're willing to disregard her completely if she doesn't oblige. And it currently doesn't sound like you have that in you, so you have to learn to "Walk" away from women who do this to build your willingness to do so.

I personally will just snatch the phone out of her hand and put it in my pocket, but I also possess the confidence to pull this off. If you don't, you'll be making a mistake by trying it. You have to know, not "think" that you're 10x more worth her focusing on her attention on than her phone.

Bottom line is, you'll have to deal with anything you're willing to accept in life. If you're willing to allow people to do something, you'll run into people who will do it. If you're willing to allow people to take your land, someone who "takes land" will take it. There are nice people out there who won't take it, because they were taught better, but there are those who will to the people who are willing to allow them too.

You don't need a method or a technique. Once you're not willing to accept it, your personality will create your own method of handling it.

But if something bothers you, SPEAK UP, or TAKE ACTION. Immediately. You have to value yourself more than that. Whether thats saying something to her, taking her phone, or walking away. But if you say something and she doesn't comply, you must still then takeaction - which would be "Walking away" in your case.

Show Support, Buy The Book: 'The Secret Laws Of Social Wisdom - Click Here

http://www.EddieFews.com

Last edited by Eddie Fews on Wed May 13, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:00 pm 
King Among Mortals

Handle it.

It happens way to often. It's as rude as wiping your dick on her pillow case.

Text her, when she looks up, take her phone out of her little cock yanker, set it on the table, upside down!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:52 pm 

You are probably boring her to death.

also

you can be assertive about it.

"Listen, I invited you out because I thought you were cool and wanted to get to know you more. I have noticed that you have been checking your phone quite often and your attention is placed elsewhere. It's for sure not on this date and that is disrespectful. If you keep this up, I am going home and you can enjoy your alone time with that phone or you can listen to what I said and put it away."

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:16 pm 
English Muffin

She will be very attracted to you if you just get up and be willing to walk away, when she says:

her -'What you doing?'
you -'I got stuff I can be doing, I shall leave you and your phonealone'

Putting girls in their place can cause massive attraction. Be a man about it. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I think that is just the kind of girl she is.

I have known her for some time before asking her out and that phone is like an appendix. In fact I believe she has texted me everyday since I know her.

I am giving her another chance because she already wanted to set a second date, but this time I will certainly put her in her place. Even if she is not doing it on purpose it is simply disrespectfull.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:57 am 

Quote:
I think that is just the kind of girl she is.

I have known her for some time before asking her out and that phone is like an appendix. In fact I believe she has texted me everyday since I know her.

I am giving her another chance because she already wanted to set a second date, but this time I will certainly put her in her place. Even if she is not doing it on purpose it is simply disrespectfull.
Doesn't matter. It comes down to whether or not it bothers you.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:19 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I always call out the elephant in the room...it's confidence.

I don't bring it to an online forum.

Motivation, Attitude and Growth! The MAG Blog
http://wearemag.blogspot.com/
@TheMAGblog

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:

How do you handle that?
If she's not paying attention to me then either she's an idiot that really is addicted to her phone or I'm not doing a good job of holding her attention.

You have to be willing to consider that it's possible that you are just boring the shit out of her. Find something interesting and catch her attention. Get her hooked to where you are more interesting than her phone.

What I would have said:

"I get the vibe from you that you aren't the type that opens up to people very easily, am I right? I can tell by how you're huddled over your phone, it's like a cocoon, haha"

Her say whatever

"Which tells me you probably have a handful of really good close friends rather than just a ton of friends that you hardly ever see or talk to"

This is an evaluation that literally applies to everyone, sounds deep, and will intrigue a girl. It works. If she doesn't put her phone down then it's her problem, not yours.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:31 am 

I have boundaries with people. For me that's infringing on one, so eff off and have a nice life to you (is the vibe I'd have towards her). I'd end the date early, or enjoy the movie I'm watching as if I am alone and drop her dumb ass off later not wasting another second of my time with her.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:33 am 

Quote:

also

"Listen, I invited you out because I thought you were cool and wanted to get to know you more. I have noticed that you have been checking your phone quite often and your attention is placed elsewhere. It's for sure not on this date and that is disrespectful. If you keep this up, I am going home and you can enjoy your alone time with that phone or you can listen to what I said and put it away."
Silly. That's like you're scolding a child and most women with self respect will laugh and won't give you another chance. Seriously if you're going to talk to a person like a 5 year old you should have your head checked. I don't care if they're acting in an infantile way themselves, have some integrity.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:28 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

also

Silly. That's like you're scolding a child and most women with self respect will laugh and won't give you another chance. Seriously if you're going to talk to a person like a 5 year old you should have your head checked. I don't care if they're acting in an infantile way themselves, have some integrity.

K. Thanks for the input.

I invited you out because I thought you were cool and wanted to get to know you more. I have noticed that you have been checking your phone quite often and your attention is placed elsewhere. I feel like when I speak to you I am not speaking to you at all. I can always go home and do something else and you can enjoy your alone time with that phone. However, I'd like to enjoy this date with you.

On a side note, if you have girl that is acting bratty repeatedly, I treat them like a brat. If you think my modified version of what I said originally (that was a parent to child interaction, I admit it) is harsh. Then I don't know what to tell you. That's on you.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game