How to introduce my work into conversations

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 127 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:10 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

So,

I've talked about how I do photography, and it's a good topic to talk about with women, and how they are interested in it.

I can't seem to introduce my life's work into conversations, though. Honestly, part of what I'm looking for in a woman is someone I can talk about my work with.

What I'm studying in my spare time, right now, is applying software development to finance. This is called quantitative finance and sometimes called financial engineering.

My dream is to someday apply this skill toward running a fund.

This means two things -- someday I hope to be very wealthy, and that I have a dream I am chasing.

But, for some reason, I feel like dancing around what it is I am passionate about and what will make me money someday....

Part of the reason is that I don't want to be judged on income potential.. Don't want to attract gold diggers...I'd rather try to win someone over with just my personality....

Also, it seems kind of obscene to talk about money.... Also, there's a stigma against people who want to be a part of the Wall Street machine....

Still, I'm really interested in this stuff, and shouldn't I try to work my goals and dreams into a conversation?

Aren't women mostly just looking for verification that you have drive towards SOMETHING, anything, big or little?

How can I introduce this without it sounding like I'm bragging or bullshitting (which I am, lol.... although, there's a good amount of truth to it...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:53 am 
High Priest of Debauchery

Quote:
So,

I've talked about how I do photography, and it's a good topic to talk about with women, and how they are interested in it.

I can't seem to introduce my life's work into conversations, though. Honestly, part of what I'm looking for in a woman is someone I can talk about my work with.

What I'm studying in my spare time, right now, is applying software development to finance. This is called quantitative finance and sometimes called financial engineering.

My dream is to someday apply this skill toward running a fund.

This means two things -- someday I hope to be very wealthy, and that I have a dream I am chasing.

But, for some reason, I feel like dancing around what it is I am passionate about and what will make me money someday....

Part of the reason is that I don't want to be judged on income potential.. Don't want to attract gold diggers...I'd rather try to win someone over with just my personality....

Also, it seems kind of obscene to talk about money.... Also, there's a stigma against people who want to be a part of the Wall Street machine....

Still, I'm really interested in this stuff, and shouldn't I try to work my goals and dreams into a conversation?

Aren't women mostly just looking for verification that you have drive towards SOMETHING, anything, big or little?

How can I introduce this without it sounding like I'm bragging or bullshitting (which I am, lol.... although, there's a good amount of truth to it...)
Fuck women first. After a good fucking, women tend to become captive, eager audiences to the topics you love talking about. If you sucked in bed, they won't be interested in what you have to say.

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html