I am totally lost/cluless in my life now. Need help.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 129 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:51 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hi everyone, I started pickup just so that I can get a gf, one day. I never had a gf in my life, and now I am two years into college. Ever since, I learned tactics pickup, i went out daygaming, had terrible failures, learned a lot from it, and revamped my enrergy to do it again. i noticed that i had several inner game problems. i have tried to fix those, and i am still fixing those now. i am more confident around girls, see myself differntly, changing my life to become a better person. I will def. have to work more on myself, and I will do it no matter what.

My problems is that, I really dont know if I will ever get a gf. I am talking to a few girls in my class (classes started 2 days ago), and tahts all. I haven't telegraphed interest in them yet. It will look so awkward and uncomfortable for both of us, at this moment. If I wait too long, I will get into friend zone, if I act too fast, then, she will say no, or give me boyfriend objection. I will be doing more cold approach (direct game, daygame). I don't know whether these will work or not. I am not a good looking guy. College girls are into massive social circle, peer approval, group validation, and other things play a major factor.

But, what I still don't understnad, ppl in college still get into relationships, they still have gfs. Surely, they dont do cold approach pickup, and it still works for them. Guys get their gfs, and then get married one day. I am not thinknig abt marriage now, or ONS, just a gf that can go into a relationship. I don't understand why is it SO SO SO hard for me, when its VERY easy for others to get a gf?

Can someone please tell me what do I need to do? What do I don't have in my life? I know its not about money, but what do I need to become? More fun? More charming? I will work hard for it. I will do anything. If there is ONE and only ONE thing in my life that I am serious about, its this, its getting a gf one day. I had been waiting for a long time. I will wait longer, if I need to. I just can't figure out how to make a woman like me. Please tell me what I need to do. I have already started to wake up early, clean my bad habits, grooming myself, working out... What else do I need? I would really appreciate any sort of comments/suggestions. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:29 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

First, how long have you been studying pickup? If it's only a few months, don't expect drastic changes.

Second, do what I did and start small. Go for women that aren't that attractive, young, or interesting. Get your confidence up by closing these ones. Right now, my friend, you are desperate for a woman, and it reeks on you. Women smell it a mile away.

Third, become busy. Become passionate about something ELSE in life. Something interesting to you. Build a great life WITHOUT women. Then, naturally, people will want to be a part of your life because it's more exciting/interesting/fun. Including women. This takes TIME and EFFORT. Plus, by having an active lifestyle, you will meet women with common interests as you. That's pretty important if you're looking for a girlfriend.

This is just some general advice I can give you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:51 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
First, how long have you been studying pickup? If it's only a few months, don't expect drastic changes.

Second, do what I did and start small. Go for women that aren't that attractive, young, or interesting. Get your confidence up by closing these ones. Right now, my friend, you are desperate for a woman, and it reeks on you. Women smell it a mile away.

Third, become busy. Become passionate about something ELSE in life. Something interesting to you. Build a great life WITHOUT women. Then, naturally, people will want to be a part of your life because it's more exciting/interesting/fun. Including women. This takes TIME and EFFORT. Plus, by having an active lifestyle, you will meet women with common interests as you. That's pretty important if you're looking for a girlfriend.

This is just some general advice I can give you.
I had been studying pickup for 7 months now. I agree with you, on that part, on going for women who aren't that attractive. Like a 6 or a 7 would be fine. I dont want to go for those whom I dont feel attracted to. I dont want to go for overweight ones, or below average looking ones. Guys like me get average looking girls. When you said, go for women who aren't young, what did you mean by that? I am 21, I dont think older women would date me. They usually want a much stronger guy (mentally).

Third, you are right about building an attractive lifestyle. I am getting busier these days, focusing on my personal life, and my future plans with my career. I am trying for find my passion. But, I still dont understand and which bothers me is that, why do I have to wait that long, when I become 30 or so to get a girlfriend? Why do I have to pile up so many things just to get a girlfriend, when guys in college, or even who are blue collar workers are having relationships? Sure, they aren't dating supermodels, but thats not what I am after, i am after a decent girlfriend. I dont want to keep on believing that one day if I do all this I will get a girlfriend, and then I don't because it has happened to me before when I came to college from high school. Also, I don't want to believe that no woman would like me, because tahts so negative thinking. What should I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:06 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

It's all your mindset. You need a reframe. I didn't start pickup until about 9 months ago, and I'm 28. I didn't get my first girlfriend until I was 19, and she was a HB9. Sometimes dumb luck happens. But it's all in your head. Negative thinking. "I'm not a good looking guy" care to include a picture? I bet your looks are NOT what's holding you back, it's your attitude. I guarantee you are trying to win women over proving you are "boyfriend material", when like most AFCs you lack the sexual frame.

Thats why I said ugly/fat/old women to build confidence. By older I mean cougars (30+ y/o in your case) that are just looking for a good time with a younger man. You don't have to fclose them, or date them, but just practice attraction on them. Work on your confidence and fear of rejection. You're only 21 man - you have tons of time. Stop thinking "everyones got a girlfriend but me waaahhh" because face it, the majority of relationships out there are pretty lousy. The grass is always greener from the other side. You put "girlfriend" on a pedestal. Stop. Girls with the "I need a boyfriend" mentality are undateable, and it goes the other way as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It's clear that you have no self-confidence and see yourself as a relatively low-value individual. Women will pick up on this too. Forget about PUA material for a minute and look at your mental attributes. The number one thing women look for (or at least are attracted to) in a man is confidence. Confidence in your self, confidence in different environments, confidence in ability to perform different tasks. If you are insecure instead it will have the opposite effect. You clearly see yourself as not good enough for women in a lot of ways which is why you are writing about your looks, negative outlook on finding a girlfriend and even your desperate need for one rather than just to go out, have fun with your friends and meet women along the way.

Right now if I were you I'd forget about your goal of finding a girlfriend and look at rebuilding yourself mentally because with your current attitude and beliefs you won't find one. First of all rather than worry about picking up you need to work on talking to strangers. Make conversations with people in shops you go to, with bar staff when you're out or with people on the street. Walk with your head up high and smile at people who walk past you. Walk a little slower and prouder. Also work on other things that will improve your confidence. Go out and buy some nice clothes. If you're dressed well you'll feel better about yourself and women look for well-dressed men. Maybe buy some new fragrance and other hygiene or grooming products? Get a slightly more expensive and stylish haircut?

If you invest in yourself (these things aren't financially expensive) and look your best you will also feel your best. If you get used to smiling at strangers and striking up conversations with them you will be more comfortable when you see a girl you like.

For example I have a dog. I walk him every day and smile at everyone who walks past and say "hello" to them. Sometimes we have a conversation about our dogs or if they don't have one we'll talk about mine. It can then lead to other things. It's a great warn-up and confidence booster. I am so used to talking to strangers that when I have to approach a girl it's the same. I don't try and pick people up when dog-walking (unless I meet a smoking hot girl) I just naturally want to smile at and be friendly with people I meet because I'm in a confident and happy frame/mood.

I think you need to do something along these lines. You're clearly right at the start of learning the game and need to work on developing these basic human interaction skills. Rather than teaching yourself a "pick-up opener" just think of a question and ask random people? It doesn't have to be about picking up and it doesn't have to be aimed at hot women. It's just a way of practicing speaking to people and steering conversations.

When you go out at night as a beginner just get used to opening sets. (You may not feel physically attractive but with your new clothes and grooming you'll feel better about yourself. Women won't care about your looks if you're well presented). Have a couple of drinks to relax yourself (don't get drunk as you'll look stupid) and then just talk to random people around the bar or club. Just ask them questions or make some jokes if you can think of some. Don't put pressure on yourself to get laid as you're a long way off that. Just enjoy yourself and if the right girl is there you never know what can happen. You might just get lucky.

If I were you I'd also get rid of the idea of having a serious girlfriend. I think you're quite needy due to low confidence which is why you just want someone to love you. If you want to find a high quality girlfriend however you will need to practice with others first. Picking up women is the same as playing sport for example. You can't go out and expect to play football like Ronaldo. In pickup you can't expect to go out as an AFC and find a 10 or even a 7. You need to practice your techniques on girls who are interested in you. You should then fuck these girls.

Sex is a big part if a quality relationship and it sounds like you're most likely a virgin? You are not going to have a quality long-term relationship with a girl you consider to be a 7> if you have no idea what you're doing. You might not like this but I recommend going out and having sex with as many women as you can. It is essential that you learn to sexually pleasure a woman if you want her to stay with you in a relationship. Just like picking up women the only way to learn how to pleasure them is through practice.

I'm not gonna write a book on the topic for you but the basic idea is to make yourself look as good as possible, get used to talking to strangers (without worrying about sex or picking up initially) and to take any opportunities you get. Learn PUA at the same time and use the techniques in your interactions but initially you just need to worry about becoming a more confident human being rather than putting pressure on yourself to get instant results. Your results will improve with your confidence naturally. It may time but if you persevere and learn from your mistakes you will be getting laid regularly off multiple women within a year. After 3-4 years of practicing game you will be at the level where you can have almost any woman you want. Just put in the work both on yourself as well as your game, do not take rejection as a negative and you will improve and get results. It's also a really fun process to see yourself improving and to learn so much about beautiful women.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

After reading all these posts, I think you should really do the Newbie Mission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
It's all your mindset. You need a reframe. I didn't start pickup until about 9 months ago, and I'm 28. I didn't get my first girlfriend until I was 19, and she was a HB9. Sometimes dumb luck happens. But it's all in your head. Negative thinking. "I'm not a good looking guy" care to include a picture? I bet your looks are NOT what's holding you back, it's your attitude. I guarantee you are trying to win women over proving you are "boyfriend material", when like most AFCs you lack the sexual frame.

Thats why I said ugly/fat/old women to build confidence. By older I mean cougars (30+ y/o in your case) that are just looking for a good time with a younger man. You don't have to fclose them, or date them, but just practice attraction on them. Work on your confidence and fear of rejection. You're only 21 man - you have tons of time. Stop thinking "everyones got a girlfriend but me waaahhh" because face it, the majority of relationships out there are pretty lousy. The grass is always greener from the other side. You put "girlfriend" on a pedestal. Stop. Girls with the "I need a boyfriend" mentality are undateable, and it goes the other way as well.
You are like all other guys here. You had a girlfriend you got laid at 19. You have had some experiences before learning pickup. I believe for you, you are trying to improve your skills with women, get a better looking girlfriend, have more women in life. Just like everyone else is doing here. I am on the other side of the river. I never had a gf, no sex yet, and I am 21. I do need more confidence. I don't even know how will I do on dates, how my sex will go. All of you guys know this. I didnt actively chose pickup for fun. I chose it because I want to get what I never had in my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I would like to start by letting you know that, I appreciate your constructive criticism here. Like I said, I am clueless about how others get gfs in colleges. I don't even know what I am doing wrong with my life. Why I never had a gf. Its true that I never told a girl taht she is cute, its becuase I knew girls would say LJBF. The bottom line is, no girls were attracted to me when I was in HS. Why? I had no social skills, I had no friends and I was always studying at home. BUT, starting this year, I went out on campus and started to meet random girls, shook their hands, and started to develop social skills. I am trying to know girls on my campus. So, in summary, I am 21 in college and still a virgin. I am saying I want a girlfriend, but what I really want is to kiss a girl and have sex with her, and the only way to fulfill that desire is by having a girlfriend.
Quote:
It's clear that you have no self-confidence and see yourself as a relatively low-value individual. Women will pick up on this too. Forget about PUA material for a minute and look at your mental attributes. The number one thing women look for (or at least are attracted to) in a man is confidence. Confidence in your self, confidence in different environments, confidence in ability to perform different tasks. If you are insecure instead it will have the opposite effect. You clearly see yourself as not good enough for women in a lot of ways which is why you are writing about your looks, negative outlook on finding a girlfriend and even your desperate need for one rather than just to go out, have fun with your friends and meet women along the way.
Why do I have no self-confidence? Its primarily due to my body image. It sounds so feminine, but its real. I am ok looking on my face, but I lack in height, a natural peacocking, something that every guy has in here. Its not like I am like Style, I am 5'3". See how its negatively affecting my inner game. I know that average looking girls won't even care about my height if I am very confident myself. I know that for fact. But I highly doubt that for the attractive ones. When I started to learn game, my mission was to get an avergage looking girlfriend, have sex, learn more, get more confidence, and then start doing more pickups. But, even the average looking ones are taken.
Quote:
If I were you I'd also get rid of the idea of having a serious girlfriend. I think you're quite needy due to low confidence which is why you just want someone to love you. If you want to find a high quality girlfriend however you will need to practice with others first. Picking up women is the same as playing sport for example. You can't go out and expect to play football like Ronaldo. In pickup you can't expect to go out as an AFC and find a 10 or even a 7. You need to practice your techniques on girls who are interested in you. You should then fuck these girls.
I totally agree with you. I don't feel substance within myself. In high school, I was the valedictorian, all A's. So my confidence was actually my arrogance in doing well in school. When I came to college, I lost all that. I need to be good at something. I dont have that much confidence. I know for sure, that if I am with an attractive girl, I will screw up on dates, and on sex. She will be expecting a lot more from me, which I dont have, and can't give her bc I have ZERO experience. You said I should practice my techniques on girls who are interested in me. I had no girls in my life interested in me, which made be to believe that whether a girl will ever be interested in me. I am telling you, if ONE average looking girl (given that she isn't overweight) is interested in me, I will have sex with her. I mean what am I doing wrong here? I see blue-collared workers having girlfriends (no offense to them). If they can have girlfriends, and sex, then why can't I? This is why I am so clueless. Can you help me out here?

Post subject: Important
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Just Read your post.

I'm sorry that you're in such a situation. But there are two things that you've GOT to remember :

a) Your inner state dictates EVERYTHING

b) No matter WHAT you do , at the end you're going to lose it all.

What i reckon is - your need to get laid/have a girlfriend is taking away your life. Start focussing on other areas , start things that calm you down , start living in the present moment.

Start enjoying life. Once you start to enjoy pickup - take it as just a game , and nothing more - you'll start getting MUCH more success.

Its simply like this : taoessentials[dot]blogspot[dot]in/2012/01/chuang-tzu-archers-need-to-win[dot]html

I'm sure once you start enjoying stuff more , and start accepting the present moment without resisting , you'll do much better.

Also , try to feel a connection with someone , not just for the purpose of a pickup - try to make the other person feel the happiest she can be. Just have the aim of making others have a good time around you

Remember. In the end , you're already naked - life's a flash. Its your way - I know you situation might seem very tough , but don't lose heart.

First and foremost learn to be peaceful and happy all by yourself. Tough as it may seem , its possible. Once you're not dependent on any external source , you can do whatever the fuck you want - since it won't affect you much. You'll already have a base level of happiness.

Routines / Gaming rules etc . come later on. Once you master your inner states - yes gaming can be a whole lot fun !

But first , please learn that nothing but you yourself , can give you permanent happiness.

Hoping for the best. Don't Worry , Be Happy :D

Recommended reads : The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle , The Art of Happiness - Mattheiu Ricard

Hope this helps

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:36 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I would like to start by letting you know that, I appreciate your constructive criticism here. Like I said, I am clueless about how others get gfs in colleges. I don't even know what I am doing wrong with my life. Why I never had a gf. Its true that I never told a girl taht she is cute, its becuase I knew girls would say LJBF. The bottom line is, no girls were attracted to me when I was in HS. Why? I had no social skills, I had no friends and I was always studying at home. BUT, starting this year, I went out on campus and started to meet random girls, shook their hands, and started to develop social skills. I am trying to know girls on my campus. So, in summary, I am 21 in college and still a virgin. I am saying I want a girlfriend, but what I really want is to kiss a girl and have sex with her, and the only way to fulfill that desire is by having a girlfriend.
Quote:
Why do I have no self-confidence? Its primarily due to my body image. It sounds so feminine, but its real. I am ok looking on my face, but I lack in height, a natural peacocking, something that every guy has in here. Its not like I am like Style, I am 5'3". See how its negatively affecting my inner game. I know that average looking girls won't even care about my height if I am very confident myself. I know that for fact. But I highly doubt that for the attractive ones. When I started to learn game, my mission was to get an avergage looking girlfriend, have sex, learn more, get more confidence, and then start doing more pickups. But, even the average looking ones are taken.
Quote:
I totally agree with you. I don't feel substance within myself. In high school, I was the valedictorian, all A's. So my confidence was actually my arrogance in doing well in school. When I came to college, I lost all that. I need to be good at something. I dont have that much confidence. I know for sure, that if I am with an attractive girl, I will screw up on dates, and on sex. She will be expecting a lot more from me, which I dont have, and can't give her bc I have ZERO experience. You said I should practice my techniques on girls who are interested in me. I had no girls in my life interested in me, which made be to believe that whether a girl will ever be interested in me. I am telling you, if ONE average looking girl (given that she isn't overweight) is interested in me, I will have sex with her. I mean what am I doing wrong here? I see blue-collared workers having girlfriends (no offense to them). If they can have girlfriends, and sex, then why can't I? This is why I am so clueless. Can you help me out here?
I don't know what you really look like so can only guess based on what you wrote.....

All I can say is that even if you're 5"3 and have a face perfect for radio you can still get laid off of average looking girls. However because of your limiting beliefs and lack of experience you are going to have to make a tough decision. You can either remain in your present position of being asexual of you can start picking up below average girls.

I don't mean doing charity work on 1s and 2s. Maybe you can aim for 4s? The type of girls who have a couple of faults. Maybe she's pretty but is overweight? Maybe she could be attractive but doesn't make the effort to dress well and doesn't take care of her general appearance? Maybe she's boring and or uneducated? I'm sure you get what I mean....

Not saying to look for relationships with 4s or to promise them anything but you have to start somewhere. You seem like you need validation from women and by having sex with some below average quality girls you will at least have some good experiences. I'm sure you'll meet ones you have a strong physical connection with even if you don't find them hot. If you have good sex even with girls you aren't that attracted to you'll feel better about yourself. Gaming these girls who are obtainable to anyone would also allow you to practice PUA also.

Along with lowering your expectations initially I'd seriously invest in my appearance if I were you. The first thing you need to know about women is that they're more likely to sleep with a man who's well-dressed and well-groomed but not naturally attractive than they are with guys who are naturally better-looking but badly groomed. It would at least give you hope while increasing your chances of scoring.

Seriously though the key is to work on your skills you need to interact with other people. Women sleep with men who entertain them and who are fun to be around even if they don't think they look perfect.

I have a friend who's below average height and is overweight big time. He's around 5"7 250lbs and has stretch-marks all over his body where he used to be bigger and his skin has been pulled. Since I taught him PUA he has been sleeping with multiple women for two years and has even picked up 8s and 9s. Women tell me they find him completely unattractive physically yet they want to sleep with him for some reason they can't explain. If he can do it you can. He has developed a legendary level of confidence, something you need to work on clearly...

Also wealth doesn't matter. I don't have a job currently and still sleep with extremely hot women. Lots of them are wealthy and all are high-educated/intelligent as it's the type I go for. I tell them when we meet that I'm a bum who spends his days in the garden or betting on sports. I just make a joke of it and it becomes a non-issue. Women don't care because I can turn them on regardless. You have to realise that women are not making a logical choice when it comes to who they sleep with. It's purely emotional. They want/need to be seduced. If you can make them feel certain emotions then they will sleep with you too regardless of your job, wealth, natural looks etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:01 am 
Dedicated Member

No matter how much fun you have in college, you will look back on it and say, "Man, I could've had even more."

Women are everywhere. The full spectrum of looks and personalities is right in front of you. You don't mesh well with one, there's another right around the corner waiting that is hotter and more inclined to meet you. You can be selective.

And the best part is they are young, malleable, and more open-minded than they will ever be in their lives. Not just to experiences, but to any and all kinds of people, including you. A high school girl may find you weird for the clothes you wear, but you tell that same girl in college you like to fuck goats, and she'll ask, "Oh, really? Alpine or mountain??"

We're only here for a cup of coffee, brother. Don't worry about lassoing just one and enjoy that variety while it's available to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
No matter how much fun you have in college, you will look back on it and say, "Man, I could've had even more."

Women are everywhere. The full spectrum of looks and personalities is right in front of you. You don't mesh well with one, there's another right around the corner waiting that is hotter and more inclined to meet you. You can be selective.

And the best part is they are young, malleable, and more open-minded than they will ever be in their lives. Not just to experiences, but to any and all kinds of people, including you. A high school girl may find you weird for the clothes you wear, but you tell that same girl in college you like to fuck goats, and she'll ask, "Oh, really? Alpine or mountain??"

We're only here for a cup of coffee, brother. Don't worry about lassoing just one and enjoy that variety while it's available to you.
What are you talking about? I said I want to have sex, and thats why I need a girlfriend. How else will I be able to have sex? You guys have other solutions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:

What are you talking about? I said I want to have sex, and thats why I need a girlfriend. How else will I be able to have sex? You guys have other solutions?
One night stands are probably a better bet than a girlfriend initially. Doesn't matter whether you perform well and no emotional or time investment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One night stands are probably a better bet than a girlfriend initially. Doesn't matter whether you perform well and no emotional or time investment.
Good advice. But you need to be good looking for ONS. I dont have that. What else should I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:22 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good advice. But you need to be good looking for ONS. I dont have that. What else should I do?
Read through the material on this site for a start. You are making excuses as to why you can't do something, instead of focusing on how you can do it. Ugly guys have one night stands, many with beautiful women. The whole point of this is that you can attract hot women for either a one night stand, or to be a girlfriend, regardless of if you are good looking.

You need to work on your self confidence - that is critical. If you are coming off as needy to people on the forum, then imagine how a girl feels. Someone above suggested doing the newbie mission - try that for starters and work from there. Don't expect to get laid just from doing that mission, but it will force you out of your comfort zone and grief hole.