Sleep Learning: The Saga of Subconscious Learning

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

Is Sleep Learning Effective?
Poll ended at Wed May 16, 2012 6:34 am
Yes  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe  29%  [ 2 ]
Don't Know  14%  [ 1 ]
Skeptical  29%  [ 2 ]
Need Additional Information  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:33 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Has anyone ever tried to record a series of ideas or concepts they want to become a new belief strucure and then fall asleep and listening to the recording. I know that science says that results can be iffy but I hear doing this in connection to having ambient sounds that produce frequency patterns similar to alpha waves (8-12 hz) helps the information to stick and for it to subconsciously sink into your mind. Does anyone have any more information on this subject? I am willing to try this out on my self, I haven't been able to finish my recording, I started on easter but had to cut it short due to dinner being ready. At any rate, someone who has tried this or is considering this please let me know. I would like to validate my ideas behind this concept. I think that I could help push my progress further if I could subconsciously learn the ideas that I wish to embody.

Update:

I've also attached a poll to gauge people's thoughts on this idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I've tried affirmations, listening to them right before going to sleep. I takes time to sink into the subconscious (about 4 weeks), but they did work for me.

Pick up Joseph Murphy's book from the library, called "The Power of the subconscious mind" and take a look if you have time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:04 am 
High Priest of Debauchery

The pioneer in this is Georgi Lozanov. To be effective, there has to be a rhythm. It's a good way to learn new languages according to research. But I also use it to learn PUA materials. I've recorded a few PUA materials with background music and tone variations as I read them out loud. A few unverified reports indicate it has been used by spy agencies to teach multiple languages to field operatives. Here's a US government link to the study. http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED132857.pdf

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

so retarded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:36 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I've tried affirmations, listening to them right before going to sleep. I takes time to sink into the subconscious (about 4 weeks), but they did work for me.

Pick up Joseph Murphy's book from the library, called "The Power of the subconscious mind" and take a look if you have time.
Thanks, I'll definately check out the book this summer. 4 weeks is a relatively short time, so definately worth checking out and working with.
Quote:
The pioneer in this is Georgi Lozanov. To be effective, there has to be a rhythm. It's a good way to learn new languages according to research. But I also use it to learn PUA materials. I've recorded a few PUA materials with background music and tone variations as I read them out loud. A few unverified reports indicate it has been used by spy agencies to teach multiple languages to field operatives. Here's a US government link to the study. http://www.eric.ed.gov/PDFS/ED132857.pdf
Man thanks for all this guys. I definately wanted to make some sort of recording based on the mantra I make daily. I would do it on my computer but its not in good condition right now. As soon as I fix it up I have sound software that allows me to create music. I'll simply download it as an mp3 file from my computer at around 30 minutes a track and I want to make 3 tracks. Thanks for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:12 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Dude if you want to learn things faster pick up some stuff on mnemonic memory systems.

Harry Lorayne - Super Power Memory

Stick it out and this stuff will work wonders for you. If you want to learn in your sleep.. And I dont think anyone can say there would be a statistically significant difference in learning power by these tones. Although I bet it helps. If your more interested in the subc mind I would check out Derren Brown/Steve G jones/ psych/nlp