Tried writing a DHV story based on these tips: http://www.venusianarts.com/how-to-write-dhv-stories/
I just banged out this rough outline and want to know what some of you think. Is this decent? Anything to add or remove? Do you think this will nail attraction switches? Let me know!
• Friend Dalton, an aspiring composer, producer and indie rock star, visiting from NYC
• Hanging out, having dinner at Local Burger – talking about life, music
• I start getting calls and texts from my ex about some really old guy she thinks is stalking her
• At first I’m like, she’s probably exaggerating, but then she tells me he was at her work for three hours just staring at her. A strange car had followed her most of the way home from work, and she was almost sure she’d seen him outside crouching down in the bushes and had started panicking
• So I part ways with Dalton, tell him I’m sorry for needing to leave and thankfully he is very understanding, and I head over the her apartment to see what’s going on
• I get there, feeling pretty freaked out and carrying a knife in my back pocket. I knock on her door and she answers saying “I’m so glad you’re here… come inside and protect me” she says
• As soon as I walk in, she starts taking her clothes off…
• I suddenly realize what’s actually going on – she made up the whole story to get me over to her apartment. I’m embarrassed for her, and I try to be nice about it, telling her to give me a call when she’s got her shit together.
• I head out to meet back up with Dalton