Share your bar bet tricks

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Routines

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Frankly, I think these things are interesting as hell and great of seeming like a fun guy and keeping all eyes on you for a little while. Plus, they're easy as hell to learn (easier than magic and has about the same effect).

I just watched a video by Neil Strauss in which he demonstrates two, but I was hoping other guys would have ideas.

1) The first is a bet--you tell your prospective person that you are going to ask them five questions. Now if they can manage to lie for every single question, you will buy the drink. If they tell the truth on one of the five questions, then you will buy it. The first three are pointless questions, what is your name, where are you from, what brand of shirt are you wearing, etc. The fourth question is "how many questions was that?" Now typically, the person will be nice and tell you "three" at which point you have gotten them. If they happen to be really clever and pick up on it, they will say something like "8" and get really excited, meanwhile you act all bummed and a little impressed, saying something like "aww you got me". While they are celebrating, you say "man,you're good, have you ever played this before?" They will say, "Nope, never!" because they want to continue to impress you--at which point you win...because of course, they answered the fifth question truthfully.

2) Second one is simpler--you talk about how you learned this technique from a martial artist buddy of yours that you can break a pencil with a dollar bill--sort of like ripping a phone book in half or something--all about pressure and direction. You have the person stand there and hold the pencil in both hands so the middle is exposed. You then fold the dollar bill in half. Act very nervous and talk about how long it's been since you did this. Build it up a lot...keep going and then...swing! The pencil will snap in half, but not from the dollar bill, but because right as you swung you put your index finger out right next to it. The pencil snaps in half and you pull back your finger before anyone notices.

3) This is one I actually learned off of a TV show, but it's very cool. You ask the person if they will buy a shot of whiskey, but you say that you will buy them two if they win the bet. You then ask for a shot full of water and put the two next to each other. Then tell the person that you bet you can switch the whiskey and the water without using a straw, without using your mouth, and without using your mouth. The trick is to take out your drivers license, and cover the top of the water glass. You then place the shot glass on top of the whiskey glass and slowly slide your card back (the two glasses MUST be even). Then just wait and watch. The whiskey will rise, as it is lighter than the water, and in a couple minutes, the two will have completely separated into whiskey and water with the whiskey now being on top and the water on the bottom. Then slide your card back, holding the card (to keep it from spilling, you lift the shot of whiskey off and down it.

in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:45 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

yea the whiskey 1 is great

1 i use alot is similar to the 5 wrong answer 1

u go tell them u bet u can make them say a certain colour (eg pink)

then u go ok, whats the colour of the carpet (they answer) whats the colour of the stool (they answer) whats the colour of...etc etc, dont take 2 long caues it will get boring, but at the end ask what the colour is of an object whos colour starts with the same letter as the colour your trying to get them to say, EG with pink it would be purple, so u ask, whats the colour of that poster (purple) and u go AHA!!! see i told u id make u say purple! if they fall for it they would say, NO U SAID I WOULD SAY PINK! (or whateva colour) and walla, u rip into them for fallin for it..
if it doesnt work then just laugh and make up a stat, i just go..WOW u realise 10 out of 12 ppl get that fall for that, u must b special!? followed by, oo i 4got 2 mention, those 10 out of 12 ppl had an iq higher then 40.... the other 2 had lower or something like that

its worked and gotten a few laughs out of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:48 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My favorite bar trick which always works a treat, (been field tested in several two sets) is quite simple in fact.

What you have to do is suggest to the two set that you place a bet with them, they ask what for and you go on to explain. Firstly, you join your thumb together with your index finger and make a circular shape (i.e. an Everything is A OK sign). Then go on to say, "I bet you I can poke my head... [pause slightly] through this hole without breaking grasp between these fingers. The girls then are led to believe that you are actually going to poke your head through the hole you have made, (actually physically going to do it] which is clearly not the case. The terms can be simple of the bet, such as a buy a drink for me or both kiss me on the cheek etc... When you are about to perform it slowly bring your index finger of your OTHER hand up and poke it through the hole touching your head!

If you carried it out enthusiastically with a hint of seriousness then 9/10 times the girls love it and laughs are all around. Us PUA's 1 those AFC's 0 :D

And the best of it is, its not a well known bar trick what so ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Class.. I really like that game, its similar to the other games on here, but still the 5 question game really rocks, i have gotten so many drinks out of this, sometimes u'd have an AMOG in the set, who has just bought the girl a drink, and the girl just gives me his drink! I just look him, and say fair is fair dude, and just watch him see that drink being wasted. Never buy a girl a drink!

.Panic. - I like your tactics too, but i never liked those tricks in school, because your kinda cheating a bit. And also when playing these games where u can wager a bet of some kind, I never use 'I get to kiss u' if I win, cos then it means something along the lines of 'oh you have higher value, id like some of that value, cos my value is low'. I think I would bet a drink, or she may get to kiss me, but then you should only use it once you have built enough comfort etc...

This is just my opinion, I do ok with girls really, but the whole 'The Game' thing really opened my eyes to what is really going on, and why I find somethings work better than others.

Great post guys, really love sucking in all this information. Panic and Class let me know what you think of my commments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:52 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Loved the game!..I will try the 5 question and the color thing soon at a bar and see if it works..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:30 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I went and tried this game at the bar tonight!..
This chick (HB6) while I was sitting at the bar gave me a smile and then just asked me something..After a while i went to their table ( 2 chicks) and did the routine as in want to place a bet etc..
The other girl laughed at that...but anyway we did start and i got her on the trick of saying 3 questions.
Fortunately the girl had lived in the city I moved from so we talked about that city.
Then I asked few questions about what do they do etc etc...
But it was kinda getting boring.
The other girl excused herself and in the mean time this girl did talk to me for a while - but topics were like her car - infiniti - I could only pick that the aesthetic sense of nissan has improved a lot..
What I realized was that I was less loud and..i couldn't move the topic into something exciting.

After a while the girl who I was talking to said to the other girl that we will leave after she(the other girl) finishes her beer..
Here also I acted bad - didn't u guys just get in...well..they said they were at the back...
After that I didn't think it was good to be there..so I said..see you guys later.

I know I have to read a lot to get few things exciting in the conversation,
but can u guys..tell me how it could have been done better..
What should I work on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Fortunately the girl had lived in the city I moved from so we talked about that city.
Then I asked few questions about what do they do etc etc...
But it was kinda getting boring.
The other girl excused herself and in the mean time this girl did talk to me for a while - but topics were like her car - infiniti - I could only pick that the aesthetic sense of nissan has improved a lot..
What I realized was that I was less loud and..i couldn't move the topic into something exciting.
Hey bro!

Seems like you were fluffing (doing smalltalk) too much.

Basically you had a perfectly good 2set there, the obstacle even left you alone with the target, you were from the same city, which is a good connection BUT. You didnt run the conversation man! always lean back and speak loudly, have her leaning into you, dont peck!
People from the same city usually tend to be like "oh awesome, you're from the same place as I am, totally cool etc etc". The problem is, that you have to show her that you are actually completely different from all the other people both in your hometown AND in that club and by that BETTER.
You got IOIs, she opened you, so you could have just ran some routines. ESP, U-VS-C-smiles, why not turn some openers into a routine like the jealous girlfriend or whatever you use. You could have looked for 1 or 2 more IOIs, dropped a couple of IOS yourself and by the way moved to trough A3 and C1 to C2 because the same home-town gives you a more easy connection(C2) and builds trust practicially by itself.
I would have tried Styles Evloution-phase-shift when you got her comfi-levels up and tested by kino-escalation. Or just the Mystery kiss close would have been fine too. No harm possible there, its rejection-proof! "I didn't say you could! ;)"

Hope the feedback did some good man.

Best,

Don't hate the player - Hate the game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:29 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks! Bro...
Still need to get familiar with the terms...so..am reading ur reply and other terms in 2 different windows!..
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:32 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hey, lets try to stay on topic with the bar bets thing. I know guys love doing field reports and asking for/giving advice, but there are always new threads that can be made.

in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yea, ur right man.
Apologies.

Don't hate the player - Hate the game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I will do that, but till my 30th post, I need to find the right forum :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:43 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Alright, I ran into someone else doing this trick this weekend and it was AWESOME. Blew my mind, I have no idea how he did it and I was hoping some of you would know.

It was a quarter-under-the-cup magic trick. We had three Solo cups at this house party, and he told us to put it under one of the cups and he would guess which one it was. He left the room and we proceeded to not put it under any cup. He came back, gave some lame story about having some surgery when he was younger that helps him detect metal, then rubbed his hands together fast, placed them on top of each cup, rubbing them first each time, then said, "You gotta put it under a cup!" We were shocked. He did it again because we didn't put it under the cup again. Then when we did he got it right. Then we put a metal beer cap under one and a quarter and he picked up both cups! I've been searching the internet for how to do this, but I can't find it. Anyone know? The girls were enthralled, and I think it would make a great trick for anyone's itinerary if it can be figured out.

And no, he didn't have anyone who could have told him. He just walked in, sat down, and got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:16 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: duke311
Quote:
Alright, I ran into someone else doing this trick this weekend and it was AWESOME. Blew my mind, I have no idea how he did it and I was hoping some of you would know.

It was a quarter-under-the-cup magic trick. We had three Solo cups at this house party, and he told us to put it under one of the cups and he would guess which one it was. He left the room and we proceeded to not put it under any cup. He came back, gave some lame story about having some surgery when he was younger that helps him detect metal, then rubbed his hands together fast, placed them on top of each cup, rubbing them first each time, then said, "You gotta put it under a cup!" We were shocked. He did it again because we didn't put it under the cup again. Then when we did he got it right. Then we put a metal beer cap under one and a quarter and he picked up both cups! I've been searching the internet for how to do this, but I can't find it. Anyone know? The girls were enthralled, and I think it would make a great trick for anyone's itinerary if it can be figured out.

And no, he didn't have anyone who could have told him. He just walked in, sat down, and got it.

i'm no magician, but i used to do card tricks when i was a little kid. my guess is that he carefully placed each cup so that they were lined up in a way that was easy to memorize (like making all the "solo" logos face left or some shit), then when he came back he'd know that you guys had touched and moved the one that wasnt aligned any more. i'd kinda like to try this at a party, so let me know if i'm way off base (like if you guys moved all the cups or something) or if you find the right way to do this trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:28 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I know quite a few card tricks, and i dont want to sound arrogant but they are pretty awesome. They have worked wonders for me, however when i first started up i used to focus on the target when performing, this makes you seem like you are looking for approval, if you keep changing who you are doing the tricks to it makes it seem like you are just having a good time. I get the weirdest feeling out of performing to HBs. its like a mega adrenaline rush, and its awesome! does anyone else know what i mean, cos my friends just laugh at me when i tell them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: duke311
thats awesome, i think i know what you mean, i get the same rush when i have to do a power point presentation for work or for a class. i used to hate it and the nervousness it caused more than anything, but i've kinda gotten hooked on the adrenaline rush now. i'm trying to translate that into an enjoyment of Approach Anxiety, but i'm still having trouble with it. :(
maybe i should get back into the card tricks i used to do as a kid, only problem is, i would feel really weird pulling out a deck of cards in a bar/mall/whatever. it's be great at a party though, like between games of Asshole and Kings...