Small DHV Story I use often (East Coasters)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Routines

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Where are you guys from?

DHV: You know, I have this theory about people in general, and you can tell by their demeanor where exactly they’re from.

HB: Bla bla bla

DHV Context: Yeah, like I just got back from Vegas...half business, half leisure, and I was talking to this guy I made friends with over there…Yeah…I’m gay now…(Awkward pause)…But if I wasn’t I’d be SO in to you! Anyway, did you know that about 80% of the people I met over there were ALL from Cali? Well, I guessed he was from Cali, and he knew I wasn’t from the west coast and he couldn’t explain why, but as that was happening, I realized how he just knew I wasn’t from the west coast. Can you guess how he would know?

DHV Continue: (Shake head) Vocal Inflection

DHV Continue: Inflection is the way your voice goes as you’re talking. And I just realized that while he was talking, because everytime he said something? It would be said? In the form? Of a question? (Smile) and us East Coasters like to say things more as statements. That’s why everyone sees Cali as having such a laidback swag. The way their voice projects welcomes feedback and encourages someone else to respond since everything is in a form of a question. Now that’s a good thing, AND a bad thing, because it can also be seen as being very passive, while in the east coast, we get a rep for being very aggressive, but also get a rep for being dominant.

Qualify: What are you? Passive or Dominant?

Disqualify: (Say you’re the opposite of what she answers and say that this won’t work out because you need the yin to your yang and roll off)

Nothing special, but it shows some value by teaching her something, and you can throw in some DHV spikes, but this is the general frame I use when I tell this story. This actually happened to me when I was out at Surrender in Vegas for a night of solo sarging and...

-Sidenote-

This was actually the first time I went to a club by myself, and I HIGHLY recommend it! Less pressure from your social circle, and you don't feel the need to prove anyone right or wrong, just go out and have fun. You're FORCED to be social because you just paid a huge cover, and have no one else to talk to! My suggestion is to start making friends at the line as you're going in to the club. I was meeting up with a girl I knew who lived in Vegas (but it was just a "hi, bye" situation, so basically went there alone) and was on the phone with her to find out where she was as I was getting on line, which ended up being a big ice breaker with the people around me, because even though I was walking up to the line by myself, I was meeting up with a short, cute girl at the club who was in the VIP line, which is why I wasn't with her. So my suggestion is to walk up to the line with the phone to your ear, talk loudly to the HB on the phone (even if there's no one on the other side of the phone, fake it!) and open the people in front or behind you with something like "How much is the cover here? JESUS CHRIST, thank God I pre-gamed!" then talk to the people in line for a couple more seconds and then interrupt them and start talking to the HB on the phone using cocky funny lines while the people you were talking to on line are still looking at you since you are still in the conversation and just told them to hold on one second. You are lowering their value by putting them on hold and raising yours by talking to a hot chick and being a total carefree dick to her on the phone. Sounds kinda mean, and trust me, I'm not mean, but it works, and you do what works. Then when you get off the phone with her, hang up and say something like "Oh my god, this girl...Would you ever leave your house, and FORGET your keys?!" or some situational opener involving the girl you were just on the phone with, and lead in to a small story about the hot girl who's kinda ditsy. Boom, first set is your friends. Get their names, and you now have a group to go to if you need some social proof.

-End of Sidenote-

...I caught that little tidbit as I was talking to a mixed set and ended up hooking one of the girls with this little anecdote, so I now use it in other convos to show that I travel, that I have a career, and that I am socially intuitive. Works great every time. I usually end up getting into a conversation about accents if the girl is from a different part of the world, or a convo using the "passive/dominant" qualifier I occasionally use.

Try it out if you run out of shit to say! Haha

Cheers, and report back if you use it!

-EQ-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I love this. Great post.

Cell phones are one of the best inventions for a PUA. They give you so many opportunities to look more important or social than you really are. You can pretend to be on the phone when alone to, pretend to text, text instead of call, get numbers without pen and paper.

I think a PUA invented the cell phone.

I have traveled a lot too and I like to use this to help DHV. I might ask a girl whats her favorite city to party. If she hasn't traveled much.. I instantly gain status over her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks man.

Hope this worked well for you!

The cell phone thing worked great, but I try to avoid any contact with my phone when I'm out unless I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO (Photo routine, number close, etc.). The reason the phone worked that night (Now that I look back on it) is giving off that "I'm kind of busy", over the shoulder type of open. It just basically didn't seem needy because I was on the phone with someone I was actually going to meet up with, and they were aware of that. If you're texting at the club, it may be conceived as not being social, so just keep that in mind.

I use travel occasionally in my sets too. I normally say that I like a random town that they haven't heard of and have a crazy story to tell about that town and why it's my favorite. Everyone can say New York or LA is their favorite city, but do you think they'll hear someone say that Randsburg, CA is their favorite town in the middle of the desert? And that a freakish old man chased him out of the town in an old beat up cadillac because he walked into their old, broke down Church at 12:30am and has pictures to prove it? I think not. I try to do some weird shit. Weird shit will always be better than doing the same shit.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:56 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Great routine. I can see by calibrating slightly to accommodate personal individuality it would work great!

I will certainly have to try it, or a similar routine for sure.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The phone bit it gold man. Nice work, I'm going to try this myself