Opening with a camera...

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Approaching and Opening

Post subject: Opening with a camera...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

a real one, a DSLR works great if you want to meet girls at lunch hour or even when walking...
If you don't mind I'll share some of the fun stories I had and I hoped it'll inspire a few of you...
I was going out to take photos when I saw this cute girl (19) 8.5 who was eating her lunch, she had a fun vibe.
I say "Hi do you mind If I take your picture"
she replies "it's not my day you know"
I reply "so should I come back tomorrow same place same time?, don't worry with a little photoshop it should be alright"...
I snap 2-3 photos and sit on the bench with her, show her the photos and started chatting... then a bee comes and she tries to hit it with her purse.
I tell her "hey you're really jumpy, are you sure you're not a psycho?". Then I ask for her email to send her the photos... and because I find her weird (I also took her hand because she had written on the palm of her hand, which is still weird), I demanded her phone no so I know it's her who's stalking me in the middle of the night. It took me less than 5 min to get that number.

(for the trick to work, you have to look pro when taking the photos though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:32 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

LOL nice one. What DSLR do you have? 5DMKII and 1DMKII for me so I can look as pro as I want... =)

I usually don't ask strangers for ther photo taken since I think it's a bit "ahhh scary mr photography man!" They kinda got this image of photographers here.. brr..

Asking her to help with a picture where she ain't on could help a bit more maybe. Then do a bit of game and build comfort, then ask for her pic and of course her nr/mail to send it to.

But you got more idea's? Let's share them since a good DSLR is a GREAAATTT peacocking item.. :)

Idea's
What about... you say this to a nice nice girl:

"Hey got a min? You're into photography?"

This can go 2 ways:
- Yes. -> Well nuff to talk about obviously.

- No. -> Here we go...!

"Ah that's great! I'm doing some assignment that me and some fella photographers came up with. Like a weekly challenge. Anyway we have to ask strangers 2-3 subjects THEY think is interesting to capture on the street...capture it and ask if I did it the way they imagined. Wanna give it a go?"

If she has like a min she will look around, walk a bit maybe with you, talk, game, do a routine etc....

Damn now I can't wait to try this one, sounds like fun if it works out. =) Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I have a Nikon D300 and an external flash.

as for your opener, it works I'm pretty sure (however, starting with a no is not that good) ... but it's not conveying more than a "hi how are you? having a nice day?" (this is usually hi, yes, yes... and once you get 2-3 yes to your questions it's easier to start chatting).

Try something like "do you think taking a photo of this flower would make a good photograph"... then ask her how she feels when she sees or smells flowers... if you are into nlp, it could be a good way in (just guessing there).

I approached close to 300 people in the streets so I have more than a few openers (not for pua, it was for building a portrait portfolio and get a LOT of experience fast) and never got any problems with anyone (it also works if a bf gets there, look at him in the eye and just tell him you take portraits). The key is confidence and looking straight in the eyes (think as a professionnal).

An evening it was raining a little and some people were under umbrellas... I stopped a 2-set and told them I HAD TO photograph people with umbrellas, they were so surprised... or I once walked to two girls in a park and told them I had to photograph people orienting one way.

A last one... Walk up to a girl, look at her straight in the eye, look around her face and tell her... "you're all right, I could photograph you, there is not a lot of photoshop to do after". My guess it works best on 8-10s.

When photographing, don't show them right away the photo, run with the camera, gasp or do a "huh huh, you can do better than that come one".

Also, I NEVER tell them they are beautiful... walking to them with a camera is already a statement by itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:20 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Sadly this will never work in N. Korea :cry:

For the holidays a friend of mine had luck with something similar. He walked up to an HB8 in the market. He pulled his mobile out and asked if he could take a pic with her. She asked why and he says "I wanna show santa what I want for xmas"

Golden...