Asking Out a Girl on My Group Project

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Approaching and Opening

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

So there's this very cute girl on my left in my physics class. Today we started a group project (5 people) which I asked her to be in and she said yes. Throughout the night, I was making a bunch of jokes that were landing at a pretty high rate. I also was busting her balls a lot, at one point she even half-effortly punched me for a comment I made about her having balls to bust.

The problem is that she was still showing weak signs of interest, other than all the laughing. She wasn't making great eye contact or asking me any questions about me. She also left the class without saying goodbye, though I'm not sure how much stock I put into that since she seemed like she was in a rush to get somewhere anyway.

Anyway, we have class again on Tuesday and I don't know what I can do from here. I don't know how to keep building attraction, if there's even any mutual attraction to build. How do I go about asking for her number later on, since we're usually in our group setting? Even if I get a chance and I take it, if I'm wrong, it could make things very awkward the rest of the semester since we're working in a group.

Any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hmm, I would definitely keep it slow, you don't want an akaward semester. Maybe when ur doing your project and fall behind a little bit, be like we should all meet up outside of class and catch up. then get all of there numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hmm, I would definitely keep it slow, you don't want an akaward semester. Maybe when ur doing your project and fall behind a little bit, be like we should all meet up outside of class and catch up. then get all of there numbers.
Good advice.

You don't want to come running right out the gate and make things awkward when u got a whole semester to work with (unless she drops out of that class or something, then you may be sol). But you want to definitely build a rapport with her. Don't come off like youre straight up trying to hit on her. But don't let yourself get into the friend zone early on either, give her a little bit to chew on. Tell her exciting things u did during your weekend (and if youre not having exciting weekends at college, youre doing something wrong already). Let her know you got a life going on and act like u could care less if she was involved with it or not. This can play to her "well, he seems like a good enough guy and I know I'm attractive - why doesn't he seem to want me" sorta thing. Like I said, you got a whole semester so you can work this angle pretty good. And when you guys are in groups? It's usually a good idea to exchange phone numbers anyways for when you guys might need to meet out of class to work on the project.

This is exactly how I got my last (and now ex) girlfriend of over a year. In fact, she was the one giving me her phone number under the guise of that same reason (needing to meet outside of class to work on a project - definitely a mojor IOI). Once youre outside of the classroom, you can get a better idea of what she thinks of you.

This is all coming from a recovering AFC, so maybe take what I say with a grain of salt. But it definitely worked to my advantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:17 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Good advice.

You don't want to come running right out the gate and make things awkward when u got a whole semester to work with (unless she drops out of that class or something, then you may be sol). But you want to definitely build a rapport with her. Don't come off like youre straight up trying to hit on her. But don't let yourself get into the friend zone early on either, give her a little bit to chew on. Tell her exciting things u did during your weekend (and if youre not having exciting weekends at college, youre doing something wrong already). Let her know you got a life going on and act like u could care less if she was involved with it or not. This can play to her "well, he seems like a good enough guy and I know I'm attractive - why doesn't he seem to want me" sorta thing. Like I said, you got a whole semester so you can work this angle pretty good. And when you guys are in groups? It's usually a good idea to exchange phone numbers anyways for when you guys might need to meet out of class to work on the project.

This is exactly how I got my last (and now ex) girlfriend of over a year. In fact, she was the one giving me her phone number under the guise of that same reason (needing to meet outside of class to work on a project - definitely a mojor IOI). Once youre outside of the classroom, you can get a better idea of what she thinks of you.

This is all coming from a recovering AFC, so maybe take what I say with a grain of salt. But it definitely worked to my advantage.
It's a commuter school, so I actually don't have anything close to exciting weekends. Most of my friends have moved out in the last year so my social circle is incredibly small as is. I really don't have any good exciting stories to tell. I've found my best way to dhv in the past was by humor, since I don't have many stories. Unfortunately, sometimes I just don't have any good material and I fizzle out quickly.

I should also add that as these group projects were explained to us, they will be done during class time and thus there wont be any need to do anything more outside of class. That would sort of put a monkey wrench in this plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:09 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Something I've done before (and will again now that I'm back in school) is create my own study groups to meet up outside of class to prepare for tests. Invite her and another non-target to a study session with you, just like meeting up on campus or anywhere else nearby to go over test material and shit, like a day before the test, or even the morning b4.

Id suggest to let it cool off during class when you're working on the project and then heat it up again during your review group meeting. Playful and fun, get it done.

I'm picking my group for a marketing class project next week. Damn I hope we get to work outside of class 4 it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
It's a commuter school, so I actually don't have anything close to exciting weekends. Most of my friends have moved out in the last year so my social circle is incredibly small as is. I really don't have any good exciting stories to tell. I've found my best way to dhv in the past was by humor, since I don't have many stories. Unfortunately, sometimes I just don't have any good material and I fizzle out quickly.

I should also add that as these group projects were explained to us, they will be done during class time and thus there wont be any need to do anything more outside of class. That would sort of put a monkey wrench in this plan.
I see some problems with this.

You gotta open up your social circle more. Not just for social proof, but it'll help u get out and meet more girls in your area directly/indirectly. I can see how doing the group project during class time throws a wrench into getting her phone number, but there will probably be other projects as you go during the semester that will require u to do some outside work, so just be ready for it then.

I was going to a commuter school too when I met my ex, so I know it can work. Don't keep coming up with reasons why it won't work. It will! You just gotta keep two things in mind that've already been mentioned.

1. You have the whole semester ahead of you, so don't rush
2. If you act like an AFC around her the whole sememster though, that's what she's going to think of you. So don't get into the ljbf zone with her, or any girl you're trying to talk to for that matter.

Use you're joking around and stuff to open her up a bit, then try to spoon feed her a couple stories or something that DHV (I know you got SOME stories to share).