Call or text?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Approaching and Opening

Post subject: Call or text?
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Alright. You guys would be proud of me. I saw one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever seen yesterday and there was no way I was going to leave the restaurant I was at without seeing if I had a chance with her so I walked up to her, said hi, told her that I thought she was adorable, introduced myself and asked for her phone number (she left shortly after because she was working). She smiled big when I told her she was adorable and she put her number into my phone. So anyway, I texted her a joke later that day as a no-stress opener (this has gotten me positive responses from girls and is still doing so) and I haven't heard anything back yet. I read that the longer you wait to ask the girl out, the more the initial meeting wears off so I am wondering if I should pop another text out to this chick today and straight up ask her out (what do I have to lose?) or if I should call her (shows confidence). She is probably no older than 24. I feel like calling is more likely to get her attention but then I see a lot of people on here that have no problem with texting. What do you guys think?

PS: My Mom might have fucked this up... I was out with her for Mother's Day when I did this and when we were literally on our way out the door the girl I talked to asked if I needed a bag and I said I was okay and told her to have a nice day, but my Mom was like, "oh, I need a bag"... because she doesn't know when to quit :roll: . So as the girl is getting us the bag my Mom asks her stupid random questions about the restaurant... The girl doesn't really look up from the bag. I think she probably wanted to talk to me some more... I don't go cruising chicks with my Mom, but it was Mother's Day, fuck me, right?

Post subject: Re: Call or text?
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
Alright. You guys would be proud of me. I saw one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever seen yesterday and there was no way I was going to leave the restaurant I was at without seeing if I had a chance with her so I walked up to her, said hi, told her that I thought she was adorable, introduced myself and asked for her phone number (she left shortly after because she was working). She smiled big when I told her she was adorable and she put her number into my phone. So anyway, I texted her a joke later that day as a no-stress opener (this has gotten me positive responses from girls and is still doing so) and I haven't heard anything back yet. I read that the longer you wait to ask the girl out, the more the initial meeting wears off so I am wondering if I should pop another text out to this chick today and straight up ask her out (what do I have to lose?) or if I should call her (shows confidence). She is probably no older than 24. I feel like calling is more likely to get her attention but then I see a lot of people on here that have no problem with texting. What do you guys think?

PS: My Mom might have fucked this up... I was out with her for Mother's Day when I did this and when we were literally on our way out the door the girl I talked to asked if I needed a bag and I said I was okay and told her to have a nice day, but my Mom was like, "oh, I need a bag"... because she doesn't know when to quit :roll: . So as the girl is getting us the bag my Mom asks her stupid random questions about the restaurant... The girl doesn't really look up from the bag. I think she probably wanted to talk to me some more... I don't go cruising chicks with my Mom, but it was Mother's Day, fuck me, right?
Text, call whatever you more confidant doing. You're low on her radar anyway. Either way I'd include the part where your Mom tried to wing you. That's just cute as the dickens. And hot girls love cute.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Text, call whatever you more confidant doing. You're low on her radar anyway. Either way I'd include the part where your Mom tried to wing you. That's just cute as the dickens. And hot girls love cute.
Lol, you really think so? Like I said, she didn't look up while bagging our stuff. But technically I already texted her a joke and she hasn't responded. What do you recommend I do from here?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
Quote:
Lol, you really think so? Like I said, she didn't look up while bagging our stuff. But technically I already texted her a joke and she hasn't responded. What do you recommend I do from here?
She likely gets 600,000 text per day, and has moved on. She has lots of options, do you?
I still thinks it's cool your MOM tried to wing for you! She must really want you out of the basement!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Lol, I am a long shot from living with my Mom. So you're saying forget about it then? And I actually do have options. I'm not a player, but I've been seeing a girl.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:39 pm 
King Among Mortals

LOL Rippin' on you a little.

Okay. She got your text. she read your text, and for WADDEVER reason, she chose to ignore it. How's got time for that shit?

Maybe save her for the ol' drunk texting "Who's number is this?" game. It's a lot of fun when you're bored.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Lol, I don't have shit to lose. I kind of want to wait and see how things go with the girl I'm seeing on Wednesday. If they don't go anywhere promising I'll probably text her again. But it looks like this girl I'm seeing is into me.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:47 am 
PUA Forum Leader

From what I've heard, you should only text 25 and under girls, no calls. Props to opening and number closing though, that can be hard to do and awkward, especially with your mom in tow.

The problem is that when you just do the opener and few exchanges of words followed by a quick number close, you will likely get high percentages of flakes. Especially from a hot girl that just gives out bullshit numbers to make guys feel satisfied so they'll walk away.

Remember, a hot girl who won't answer texts is a worth less than having no hot girl's number at all. Because you'll be tempted to pine and waste time over this number that you have rather than focusing on opening other girls.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Alright. You guys would be proud of me. I saw one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever seen yesterday and there was no way I was going to leave the restaurant I was at without seeing if I had a chance with her so I walked up to her, said hi, told her that I thought she was adorable, introduced myself and asked for her phone number (she left shortly after because she was working). She smiled big when I told her she was adorable and she put her number into my phone.

Nice work, man.

Quote:
So anyway, I texted her a joke later that day as a no-stress opener

Jesus christ.

Do you want to be her lover or her court jester?

You: Hey Sarah this is Henry, I'm heading to Bar X tomorrow night, 9pm You're welcome to join.

Quote:
What do you guys think?

Double texting new girls looks needy as hell. BUT, your joke technique was lame as fuck, so you have nothing to lose, lol. Text her for a meetup.

You used a key word in your original post: "gorgeous". You're dealing with a different breed of woman here, my friend. Most 9's and 10's will find court jester/pleaser type of texts(your joke) contemptuous. Be the direct, chill dominant male socially valuable women crave.

P.S. Save the calling for girlfriends, or consistent FWB unless you have a radio voice.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:42 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Jesus christ.

Do you want to be her lover or her court jester?

You: Hey Sarah this is Henry, I'm heading to Bar X tomorrow night, 9pm You're welcome to join.
A joke is a decent way to open, especially if it ties to the interaction.

Please stop giving the same advice that has been proven to fail in the past. You caused guys to lose women this way before. Stop. Sarah will not be joining you to a fucking bar because you if all you had was a 1 minute conversation with her.

OP, you may also have read that the initial interaction will be the make or break of your further interactions.
Seems to me you opened, asked for her number and that was it. You guys need to understand that getting a number is not the goal. You need to form some kind of bond with that girl. Show her a glimpse of your personality. Otherwise you're virtually taking blind shots. A number with no substance behind it is nothing.
Asking her out straight up will fail with almost no exception, unless the initial meet was very solid.

If you don't form that bond during the time you interact in person, you have to form it over text, and that's always going to be harder. Provided she even replies to your initial message.

Anyway, here's a thread almost similar to yours.

Regarding what you can do now, you should get her talking to you.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:22 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:

A joke is a decent way to open, especially if it ties to the interaction.
If the attraction is there, setting up a meet and flirting in person is the way to go. Get to the point, reduce your chances of talking her out of it over text like 99% of men do.

Quote:
Please stop giving the same advice that has been proven to fail in the past. You caused guys to lose women this way before. Stop. Sarah will not be joining you to a fucking bar because you if all you had was a 1 minute conversation with her.
When you get fit enough R.C., it works. If you need to beg and convince women with jokes, you haven't attained that fitness or aura that a dominant male has. It's why your advice is laced with machinations and pedestal, pleaser behavior, and lacks the non-gamey, decisive actions of an alpha.

It's important to be improving in all aspects of life, physically and mentally to reduce flakes. No "convincing" or "bond forming" over text is going to help. Initial interaction + direct text date invite + great date interaction = success.

Prince lost his girl because he over-texted her, which goes against everything I advise. And for further proof see his updated thread where he's now contacting a girl who blocked him with a new phone number, lol. Yeah, bad example to cite on your part.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Prince lost his girl because he over-texted her, which goes against everything I advise.
He texted her twice. First inviting her to "bar x". Second was the Netflix invite that killed it. That's not over-texting.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 am 
PUA Forum Leader

If you honestly believe that a guy who just called a girl from a new number after being blocked on her phone and social media, then was "too afraid" to say who he was:

1. sent only two texts

2. Sent only short, crisp sentences

Then I have a bridge to sell you. Cite a stronger reference. Oh wait, you can't.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
If you honestly believe that a guy who just called a girl from a new number after being blocked on her phone and social media, then was "too afraid" to say who he was:

1. sent only two texts

2. Sent only short, crisp sentences

Then I have a bridge to sell you. Cite a stronger reference. Oh wait, you can't.
Arch...the girl in the link that R.C referred to was only texted twice when she rejected him. There was no over-texting that made him lose her. In fact, he was waiting for instructions on what to say next so he wouldn't lose her. He even was amazed that she didn't respond to the first text but was immediately rejected on the second. He received bad advice from you and you are trying to blame it on him.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:10 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
When you get fit enough R.C., it works. If you need to beg and convince women with jokes, you haven't attained that fitness or aura that a dominant male has. It's why your advice is laced with machinations and pedestal, pleaser behavior, and lacks the non-gamey, decisive actions of an alpha.
Arch, for one, fit enough is subjective. Who's "fit enough"? A roided "professional" body builder like Phil Health?
A buffer while still shredded Angel Lazarov or a less buff but still aesthetic Greg O'Gallagher?
Women will find one or the either subjectively more attractive. "Fit enough" is not a thing.

Secondly, if your advice implies high levels of fitness, why the fuck are you dishing it out to every single member of this board as if everybody has been lifting for 10+ years? The vast majority of guys who do hit the gym, do it wrong in the first place.

My advice is not based on "machinations" and pedestaling. It's based on having a basic grasp of rudimentary human interaction. I'm not going to even address being a pleaser/"gamey" because I'm an outspoken member of the board against exactly that.
Quote:
It's important to be improving in all aspects of life, physically and mentally to reduce flakes. No "convincing" or "bond forming" over text is going to help. Initial interaction + direct text date invite + great date interaction = success.
Yes it's important to be improving, but that doesn't magically reduce flakes. A heightened sense of confidence will allow you to express yourself better, and your interactions will benefit from that, but you have to actually interact.

Prince did not over text. He drunk texted her after he got rejected, due to your two texts. Two.

You have no game. If everything you do is based on "fitness" and spewing out the same generic one liner, than you cannot talk to women.
And even if you're some sort of modern day Adonis, who gets by on his heightened fitness levels alone, there's some social retardation involved if you believe that your advice will work for every single person, ever.

Inbefore pictures of fiverr girl.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.