Field Report - Cockblocked by The Game

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Approaching and Opening

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:18 am 
I'm at the One in Edmonton, and finally the party begins. People begin to pour in as though from nowhere, most of the girls are hot (excepting only the hideously fat girl on the dance floor with the seven-five), and girls are dancing like epilepsy's gone contageous.

I'm a first time club PUA. Perhaps it's strange, but I started with cold-approaches on the street, and that's been working really well for me. I've been at it less than a week. A good dose of rejection recently cramped my style, but with the weekend upon me, I felt it neccessary to flex my pickup muscles and try the club scene.

Yesterday was horrible. I called an 11, a certifiable 11, and was told "My girlfriend is going to France today, so I'm pretty busy all night. But why don't you give me your number and I'll call you in a bit?" So, being a newly rehabilitated AFC, I give her my number and expected a call back in a few days. Instead of going out for coffee, I decided to sarge for a bit, see if I can't number close a few more. The two days previous had provided me four phone numbers on cold approaches, and I was feeling cocky.

I headed down to the LRT, feeling good despite the brush-off. I'd recently picked up a bit of peacock gear - a star that says "Sheriff," a small penguin that flashes red-blue-and-gold, and a necklace with a fish on it that's way too tight for my neck - and I was eager to field-test each piece. While waiting for the train, though, my phone rang. I answered to hear my 11's voice.

HB11: Hi, it's HB11 calling!
Monkey: Hey, wassup?
HB11: Well I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I wanted to let you know that I have a boyfriend and I'm not really looking at seeing other people.
Monkey: (In my best AFC imitation) Oh. Alright.
HB11: But we can talk, if you want.
Monkey: Yeah. Sure...

So feeling the horrible pains of rejection for the first time since starting pickup, I went sarging and sucked the whole night. I ruined a perfect four-set of Danish chicks by failing to institute a time constraint. I killed a four-set of hot chicks at the bar by forgetting my ID when we shifted between bars. Not my greatest night.

So tonight, I told myself, I'd do better.

I went to a club in Edmonton called the One. At first, it was horrible, no one around and no scotch to be found. I went to Filthy McNasty's, which had been hype the night before, and found it at least as dead. So, figuring the bar must have picked up by now, I headed back to the One. Things had indeed picked up. There was a party of some sorts going on, I'm figuring bachelorette, and girls were dancing everywhere. I wanted to bide my time for a bit, find a good set, drink some scotch and enjoy myself. Finally, later into the night, a good set presented itself. A hot blonde with a deep tan, and a luscious little East Indian girl; 9.5 and 8 respectively. I figured that rather than pick a target before approach, I'd guage response, and see how things went from there.

Monkey: Hey, can I get your opinion on something?
HB8: For sure!
HB9.5: I guess...
Monkey: Is it cool for a dude to wear makeup?
HB8: Um... Dark eyeliner!
HB9.5: Yeah. Dark eyeliner.

I tell them I've got a buddy back home getting ragged on for wearing some Calvin Klien Model bullshit with darkened cheeks and eyeshadow and shit. I name him John. The Johns I know would not be impressed, as none of them in fact wear makeup. We discuss it, they decide that I should NOT quash his individuality, and I move on to cube the 8 because the 9.5's reaction has been freakishly distant since I showed up. I can't figure it out; every other set I've played has eaten the whole thing up, but this girl seems really suspicious, and I can't figure out why.

So I cube the 8, and everything goes well. I'm preparing to run Strawberry Fields on the 9.5, just to loosen her up a bit, or maybe just a simple ESP trick. (Pick a number or somesuch). I look up, at her, and she's looking at me like I'm some sort of insane man.

Monkey: You don't look convinced, darling.
HB9.5: I read all of this in a book.
Monkey: Really? That's crazy!
HB9.5: Yeah. Everything you've said since you showed up is right out of that book.
Monkey: Ain't that a thing. What is this mystical book called?
HB9.5: The Game.
girls look at one another, at which point I would normally run a best-friends test...
Monkey: You scare me. You're a strange girl.
HB8: Go try on someone else, though!

The worst part is that she wasn't upset at all, the 8. She was really encouraging, and it seemed like she was disappointed that I was leaving.

I was cockblocked by Style's book, guys. More accurately, I was AMOGed by it. It was bound to happen eventually, but it hurts that it happened to me. I've been in the game less than a week, and already the book that helped get me into it is working directly against me? The hell am I supposed to do about that?

-Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:27 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: BenZonaa129
1. DONT USE MAINSTREAM MATERIAL! Seriously, if its one of the more common routines then people are more likely to call you out on it.

2. About the BF. I think that she was lying to you. Sometimes girls do that to shit test you. My favorite BF destroyer line is "Oh, I understand... We'll keep it discete.

~Kurent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:14 pm 
Today, I'm suffering a horrible case of Shoulda Syndrome. It's an uncontrollable urge to smack oneself on the head and moan "I shoulda said..." I've been doing it all day. I can't even remember half of the things I should have said now, but my favorites would have been asking her to pivot for me (I'm flying solo at present), or asking her "Ok! You've intrigued me. What comes next?" and using it to keep the energy up in the set. I'll have to see if the problem ever comes up again.

I also noticed that this was posted in the wrong section. My bad. I'll pay more attention next time.

I'd love to avoid canned material, especially the mainstream stuff. Help me out. Where do I find and/or how do I craft Underground PUA routines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

as much as i enjoyed the book it pisses me off that millions of women are going to see how we play the field and how we use negs, nlp, kino etc to get into their pants. imean theyre making a fucking movie on this everybodys going to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yes, the community should continue underground, once the movie is out every girl will know not only about the material but also about the whole structure of the pick up.
Even if you invent your own openers, the structure is the same "can you give me an opinion, we are having a bet with my friend, i need a female perspective...etc etc etc" so the girls the second that they hear those words will know that you are trying to game them. And thats only A1, but A2 and A3 will be also almost imposible to perform in this actual structure.

ICE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I think that even if it's a problem that like everyone will know about the game and stuff that will force PUA to change their game and be creative and I believe that it could take peoples game to a whole new level. But then again it could just fuck it all up. Time will tell.

But women will always be attracted to men so there will always be possible to get a girl.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

HB11: Well I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I wanted to let you know that I have a boyfriend and I'm not really looking at seeing other people.

You: "I understand. 2 boyfriends would b too much for you...(u can add sth funny here)
She: hahaha

If not and she does another shit test like:
She: "Do u think i want you as a boyfriend?"
You: "No, why should I? I dont know much about you"

HB9.5: Yeah. Everything you've said since you showed up is right out of that book.

You: Cool, so you are interested in pick-up as well. Lets put all this 3step MM aside and dont waist more time. Come over my hood and have a nice fuck.

Maybe its to agressive saying this but you lost them anyway, so at least u can have a laugh afterwards with your friends.

Tyson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:52 pm 
Dedicated Member

It's funny, but I'd actually forgotten about this horrible occurance. I've seen her since, and gamed her again, and this time just looked her in the eye and mentally dared her to blow me out, to use the Game against me, to tell me it was all in a book. She didn't. I ejected instead.

Was I really that horrible when I started? Damn...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:11 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hello my PUA brother Monkey,

I've read Style's book The Game and Mystery's Venusian Arts Manual, and while I understand that it may be problematic that women have read The Game and know about negging, pivots, etc., I still think the PUA community has benefited that The Game and The Venusian Arts Manual have worked. I firmly believe that the Mystery Method is the way that natural pickup should occur, and even though some girls know about the theories, they still respond to the principles. What I'm trying to say is that I recommend you take a few hours as I have to personalize the openers, the negs, and your other material so they sound original and are congruent with you, and soon enough, it will seem like it's natural.

And personally, I always deny that a PUA community exists... I just use the material and get the results.

Trust me, my friend... in nature and other animal species, PUA survive. The ones that are unapologetically weeded out of evolution (as quoted by Mystery) are the ones who sit at home and dream of the day Ms. Right will come knocking at their door.

Keep fighting the good fight, my brother.

Respectfully,

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I personally think that only a very few percent of all the girls read this stuff. I think mostly of them aren't interested in such things. So I think there isn't a huge risk that the community would be in public.

Jolly Joker

Post subject: playboys and pimps
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
AOL: N/A
The point is not to take everything by the book but take the ideas and concepts behind the information and take what is for your own. Just like one of the greatest martial artists of all time believed. Bruce Lee take all the concepts of many fighting styles and used what work and what was effective and made his own JKD thoughts about it, using no form as form, adapting to any situation and shaping yourself when needed like the nature of water, of course we've heard it all before but do we put it in out daily lives. This concept goes the same as for approaching women. Create your own ideas and thoughts, along with your own style, putting them to the test with trial and error. And find ways to keep improving your game, life never stops growing, keep on kicking game man!! sayanora Gentlemen

For free advice on dating, relationships, etc..., you can email me at alatefi3@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:37 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I'm kinda lazy to write more, but Ive actually gamed a girl by revealing that I know how to "game" girls. She was skeptical at first, but I started running stuff on her and she was hooked. If I were to get busted (which hasn't happened YET), I'd be brutally honest and admit it, but continue with my natural game (which is still pretty good).

*I have no idea if what I typed now is related to the previous replies cuz I was lazy to read them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:59 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I'm at the One in Edmonton, and finally the party begins. People begin to pour in as though from nowhere, most of the girls are hot (excepting only the hideously fat girl on the dance floor with the seven-five), and girls are dancing like epilepsy's gone contageous.

I'm a first time club PUA. Perhaps it's strange, but I started with cold-approaches on the street, and that's been working really well for me. I've been at it less than a week. A good dose of rejection recently cramped my style, but with the weekend upon me, I felt it neccessary to flex my pickup muscles and try the club scene.

Yesterday was horrible. I called an 11, a certifiable 11, and was told "My girlfriend is going to France today, so I'm pretty busy all night. But why don't you give me your number and I'll call you in a bit?" So, being a newly rehabilitated AFC, I give her my number and expected a call back in a few days. Instead of going out for coffee, I decided to sarge for a bit, see if I can't number close a few more. The two d
ays previous had provided me four phone numbers on cold approaches, and I was feeling cocky.

I headed down to the LRT, feeling good despite the brush-off. I'd recently picked up a bit of peacock gear - a star that says "Sheriff," a small penguin that flashes red-blue-and-gold, and a necklace with a fish on it that's way too tight for my neck - and I was eager to field-test each piece. While waiting for the train, though, my phone rang. I answered to hear my 11's voice.

HB11: Hi, it's HB11 calling!
Monkey: Hey, wassup?
Monkey: (In my best AFC imitation) Oh. Alright.
HB11: But we can talk, if you want.
Monkey: Yeah. Sure...

So feeling the horrible pains of rejection for the first time since starting pickup, I went sarging and sucked the whole night. I ruined a perfect four-set of Danish chicks by failing to institute a time constraint. I killed a four-set of hot chicks at the bar by forgetting my ID when we shifted between bars. Not my greatest night.

So tonight, I told myself, I'd do better.

I went to a club in Edmonton called the One. At first, it was horrible, no one around and no scotch to be found. I went to Filthy McNasty's, which had been hype the night before, and found it at least as dead. So, figuring the bar must have picked up by now, I headed back to the One. Things had indeed picked up. There was a party of some sorts going on, I'm figuring bachelorette, and girls were dancing everywhere. I wanted to bide my time for a bit, find a good set, drink some scotch and enjoy myself. Finally, later into the night, a good set presented itself. A hot blonde with a deep tan, and a luscious little East Indian girl; 9.5 and 8 respectively. I figured that rather than pick a target before approach, I'd guage response, and see how things went from there.

Monkey: Hey, can I get your opinion on something?
HB8: For sure!
HB9.5: I guess...
Monkey: Is it cool for a dude to wear makeup?
HB8: Um... Dark eyeliner!
HB9.5: Yeah. Dark eyeliner.

I tell them I've got a buddy back home getting ragged on for wearing some Calvin Klien Model bullshit with darkened cheeks and eyeshadow and shit. I name him John. The Johns I know would not be impressed, as none of them in fact wear makeup. We discuss it, they decide that I should NOT quash his individuality, and I move on to cube the 8 because the 9.5's reaction has been freakishly distant since I showed up. I can't figure it out; every other set I've played has eaten the whole thing up, but this girl seems really suspicious, and I can't figure out why.

So I cube the 8, and everything goes well. I'm preparing to run Strawberry Fields on the 9.5, just to loosen her up a bit, or maybe just a simple ESP trick. (Pick a number or somesuch). I look up, at her, and she's looking at me like I'm some sort of insane man.

girls look at one another, at which point I would normally run a best-friends test...
Monkey: You scare me. You're a strange girl.
HB8: Go try on someone else, though!

The worst part is that she wasn't upset at all, the 8. She was really encouraging, and it seemed like she was disappointed that I was leaving.

I was cockblocked by Style's book, guys. More accurately, I was AMOGed by it. It was bound to happen eventually, but it hurts that it happened to me. I've been in the game less than a week, and already the book that helped get me into it is working directly against me? The hell am I supposed to do about that?

-Monkey
damn man that must have been so embarassing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:57 am 
Dedicated Member

It was a little rough on the ego, sure. I've been through worse since, and my ego is still intact. Better than ever, in fact. I'm downright arrogant. ^__^

I've got my own material now, I utilize a mixture of Mystery's stuff and Joker's stuff, and Style's own stuff, and it works pretty well. Monkey Method may not be the best method out there, but it's the one that works for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:55 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
It was a little rough on the ego, sure. I've been through worse since, and my ego is still intact. Better than ever, in fact. I'm downright arrogant. ^__^

I've got my own material now, I utilize a mixture of Mystery's stuff and Joker's stuff, and Style's own stuff, and it works pretty well. Monkey Method may not be the best method out there, but it's the one that works for me.
damn bro how can it get worst than that? I am curious to know what to anticipate in the field.