small talk

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Approaching and Opening

Post subject: small talk
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm not very good at conversations because of a quiet past so I rely on routines and set topics as I gain some of these skills. So I have it very difficult as I don't want to ask boring questions or sound like I'm reading a script. What are some ways I can stop the silence? Also, does small talk play any role in women and dating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:05 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: SpectrumIMT
I have the same problem.

I am not particularly frightened at the prospect of walking up to strangers, including pretty girls, and talking to them. My problem is that I have nothing to say.

Most PUA sources will tell you that it is vital to have some good openers, jokes and stories to tell, but they give almost no examples of what lines to use, what things to talk about, what jokes to tell.

My problem is the awkward silence and not knowing what to do to fill it. If I knew that, I think I would have little fear of approaching people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:52 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah this fear is widespread, inclusive mine 8)

I've heard that PUA's are always so, like the HB's want them. For example, if she believes that you are 28, you are 28. Or if she wants a Capricorn or Pisces, you are those!
Do you understand?

We must collect each suggestion from all in here.
When we have more suggestions, it is easier to lead a conversation :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: SpectrumIMT
Quote:
I've heard that PUA's are always so, like the HB's want them. For example, if she believes that you are 28, you are 28. Or if she wants a Capricorn or Pisces, you are those!
Do you understand?
Is this not going to cause problems if you are going for a long-term relationship?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah that's right!!
but you can train it on other girls! That's the sence of this training!
So you can operat it easier on your dream girl!!
OK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:31 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Maybe this will help a little bit:

http://www.bristollair.com/outergame/routines/openers/

Another tip to give you is when you are engaged in a conversation with a target, use the answers she gives, to continue the conversation without changing the topic. E.g. if she works as a salesclerk in a perfumeshop you can ask what kind of male perfume she can recommend, which perfume she uses.....etc.

hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

MM tends to suggest rehearsing stories so you have a bunch committed to memory and then carry a cheat sheet in your pocket with reminders on it - or put the headings of them on your cell phone. That way you can look like your checking your phone for a message but really you can look to see another idea/ story to go onto. I haven't done this personally yet but will in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:28 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I think start the small talk about yourself to get the ball rolling and make them a bit more comfortable, show that your not scared to reveal certain things about your life to her and she will probably do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I've somewhat "analyzed" this problem about small talk since it was one of the biggest roadblocks I've had and sometimes, but rarely, still run in to. I've always had this fear of not knowing what to say next. BUT I eventually realized that, as long as I am able to link one thing to another (sometimes the first thing that pops into my mind) the conversation can last long enough. I've also realized that even confidence plays a role in small talk with new people -- I don't know how it does, but when you feel confident about yourself, things seem to naturally fall in to place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

and on a side note I'd like to keep seperate from my previous post, I've talked to a girl who told me what she and her girlfriends find humourous. Obviously, I can't generalize all girls, but she says that most girls like conversations where words are misplaced or misinterpreted -- something out of the blue. From my experience, playfully misinterpreting things will get you some degree of positive response.