Short Profiles?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Post subject: Short Profiles?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

"Common wisdom" says to make your initial message about something in a girl's profile, and to ask her about it so that she'll want to talk and reply. That's difficult at the best of times, but you also end up seeing profiles that are very short or just fail to provide any actual info on the person. Like this one girl now just says she likes movies and shopping, and doesn't want to hear from guys who lie.

Ok, fine but how do I put together a message based on that?

I'm wondering if maybe some kind of neg on her skimpy profile would be a good opener...

Hmm... maybe:

"Wow, with a profile that short you must not be all that interesting! ;) Should I give you a chance anyway? What's the most fun thing you've done all week?"

Hmm... I'm not good at negging... is that too harsh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Nmbr1Metallica
I'm nowhere near a mPUA, but here's my two cents:

-Girls are too lazy to explain why they should be talking to you, espcially on an online dating/social networking site.

-Girls need to be WOW'd, and you usually have to be pretty funny or extreme to grab her attention with the hot ones (hundreds of messages a week)

-Never ask more than 1 (tops 2) questions, only input interesting stories or experiences YOU have, then gauge her reaction and answers and continue the convo.

Anyone wanna correct me, or help him out a little more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 pm 
Mr. Nemo

99% of the time I avoid girls with short profiles. As its really generally not worth sending them a message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

you should either stand out or not bother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:25 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

On FB you can neg photo or ask how does she know your commons (if there are any).

Otherwise I just move to the next target.

I ran a field test about negging for having a closed profile, these messages yielded very few replays and all of them were negative.

Post subject: Re: Short Profiles?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
"Common wisdom" says to make your initial message about something in a girl's profile, and to ask her about it so that she'll want to talk and reply. That's difficult at the best of times, but you also end up seeing profiles that are very short or just fail to provide any actual info on the person. Like this one girl now just says she likes movies and shopping, and doesn't want to hear from guys who lie.

Ok, fine but how do I put together a message based on that?

I'm wondering if maybe some kind of neg on her skimpy profile would be a good opener...

Hmm... maybe:

"Wow, with a profile that short you must not be all that interesting! ;) Should I give you a chance anyway? What's the most fun thing you've done all week?"

Hmm... I'm not good at negging... is that too harsh?
With short profiles or short replies to mails I think it is the best (if not the ONLY) time to neg online. Say something like "I hope you're more open and talkative in real life as your profile doesn't say much..." or "Mysterious...I like it" If I'm in a sarcastic mood I'd write "I admire the effort you put into your profile" Or "As much as I enjoy mindreading and guessing games you haven't really said that much about yourself..." A neg online will always be high risk so be prepared for it to not work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:37 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: Nmbr1Metallica
I find unless you naturally radiate that charm and C&F kinda attitude form your profile or even your pictures, you can't get away with Negging in text based formats like txting or messages...