whats going on with POF ?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:59 pm 
Dedicated Member

For the last 6 months I was trying to signup there and they gives me "This username has already been taken or contains invalid charactors such as @,'& etc pick another" all the time.......

And this is not because it actually exsts, its some kind of error.. because I was trying most ridiculous usernames such as sgd24d4f88sdf that does not exists for sure

Am I the only one having this problem?
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm 
Dedicated Member

Ok I bump this thread after more than half a year because I have still have the same problem :shock:
I formatted my hard disk since then, cleared all my cookies and whatever and I still can not create an account there.
It gives me this error that I used illegal characters in my username (even when my username is only letter and/or numbers)
I thought it might be because of my country IP (not likely since they accept all countries). So I tried using proxy and still same error

X-FILES? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

no idea, I have set-up 5+ accounts over the past 3 months, all with no problem.

do you want me to create you one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

no idea, I have set-up 5+ accounts over the past 3 months, all with no problem.

do you want me to create you one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Ok I bump this thread after more than half a year because I have still have the same problem :shock:
I formatted my hard disk since then, cleared all my cookies and whatever and I still can not create an account there.
It gives me this error that I used illegal characters in my username (even when my username is only letter and/or numbers)
I thought it might be because of my country IP (not likely since they accept all countries). So I tried using proxy and still same error

X-FILES? :shock:
What browser do you use, have you tried other ones?
Is your computer set to use a language that might necessitate weird characters?

Frankly though, I'm not a fan of POF... so you may be better off! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 am 
Mr. Nemo

Weird. You could always try and e-mailing them and tell them whats going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

a few people seem to have had that problem but not concrete solutions...maybe you're IP blocked but it isn't going to tell you directly. try using a free vpn such as http://ultravpn.fr/
to connect with a different ip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:58 pm 
Dedicated Member

Thanks for suggestions, no:
1. I tried with all browsers
2. No IP, I tried with proxys as well...
3. No weird keyboard or characters, I am using only english letters and or numbers

Its very strange..

PS: whats better than POF? Free of course.
I am not online dating guy, I just want to use it to hook up with some girls when I travel to another country

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
And this is not because it actually exsts, its some kind of error.. because I was trying most ridiculous usernames such as sgd24d4f88sdf that does not exists for sure
Hey thats my username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:45 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
3. No weird keyboard or characters, I am using only english letters and or numbers

Its very strange..

I am not online dating guy, I just want to use it to hook up with some girls when I travel to another country
The only free site I actually like is OKCupid, though I've had limited success with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 pm 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
Quote:

Its very strange..

The only free site I actually like is OKCupid, though I've had limited success with it.
Same here, tho I haven't exactly put in a lot of effort into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 pm 
POF is a piece of shit. i canceled that after like 2 weeks last year. if you know how to make a web site, and then go smoke a bunch of angel dust, perhaps POF is what you'd come up with. come to think of it, a lot of the chicks on there looked dusted.

dabbled in okcupid - interface is actually really good. at least in my region of the world, the girls just were not my type. i'm not saying there are not good looking girls on there though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Unfortunately, POF is a piece of shit. You can't write an interesting profile without it being deleted. Not only that, but you're limited to like two form emails per day, so you have to keep changing it up. It's definitely not for folks who have lots of options.

OK Cupid is very good, but it doesn't have a lot of people on there.

Match.com would be really the best if they wouldn't censor your profile. I mean...seriously?? You have to hustle to squeeze your profile through the censors...and it costs money. Still, it's the best deal around, in my experience. Haven't been on there in over a year though.

If you have any good free alternatives, please post. I'm only messaging on Myspace now...sporadically at that. Myspace has a plus because it's not a dating website per se. I'd love to game on facebook but i haven't found the time to see how to find local girls on there. I keep trying to see groups from local colleges but it never works out. Përhaps someone here would care to elaborate how to game on facebook? Myspace is trash but it's the only thing that works for me so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

zoosk app on facebook has the highest number of locals I've ever seen on a dating site/thing. 50 million accounts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:31 am 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
Unfortunately, POF is a piece of shit. You can't write an interesting profile without it being deleted. Not only that, but you're limited to like two form emails per day, so you have to keep changing it up. It's definitely not for folks who have lots of options.
lol. If you knew what you where doing then you would never have those problems.
Quote:
OK Cupid is very good, but it doesn't have a lot of people on there.
Cupid is I believe the second biggest free dating site behind POF.
Quote:
Match.com would be really the best if they wouldn't censor your profile. I mean...seriously?? You have to hustle to squeeze your profile through the censors...and it costs money. Still, it's the best deal around, in my experience. Haven't been on there in over a year though.
I was on Match a while back and had not problems with any forum of censorship. But any pay dating site in general will be better than a pay one. As the people there are more serious about finding someone to date compare to the free ones.