How do I steer this conversation?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:04 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

This is online and she doesn't live near me, but how do I handle this? The old me would say something creepy, but I'm trying to change.

Me: Hi. Tell me more about yourself.
Her: hey. What do you want to know?
Me: I don't know. Tell me the three most interesting things about yourself.
Her: hmm
Her: I'm musically-challenged, like I suck at instruments lol
I don't like cheese
I'm a national athlete playing for team canada, but I won't say what sport
Me: No way
Me: It's curling, isn't it?
Her: LOL no
Me: What do you do for fun?
Her: read, paint, lift, cook, watch TV, hike, go out with friends...
Her: I find lots of things fun aha
Her: you?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This conversation was boring as fuck and questions she gets asked by every guy on tinder, etc.

First message should be about something in her picture or on her profile. Then make her qualify herself to you. Change it to a topic that is specific. I use kayaking and watching the bachelor. Ex: kayaking bring ups adventure topic, which brings up where has she gone kayaking, maybe throw in a funny story of yours, adventure convo leads to where she adventured to.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Can you give an example of how you make her qualify herself?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:41 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Are you looking to date and find a gf or a one night stand? 2 separately different approaches in my opinion. Not into the one night stands with random people.

It won't let me post pictures from my phone.

Me: Yaaay a midwesterner! Where the best and friendliest people come from! Place?
Her: Haha right?! And I thought southern hospitality was a real thing lol yup place (not same state as mine) :) but I've lived here in Place for 4 years now
Me: Lying already?! You said you were ready to explore this new place. We aren't new (name) hahaha. I've been here 3 years.
Her: I meant new to Place! I lived up in place and Place up until around last month
Her: Sheesh, so quick to not trust :(
Me: Just some playful banter. Relax hahaha. So you've only been in place a month then?
Her: Hold on, I can count the exact days so you know I'm not lying...
Her: ;)

I neg her a little from the start with the lying already and get playful and then "qualify her" to see if she is someone I would like to meet by bringing up specific topics I am interested in. You can see she begins to get playful.

This particular girl had cowboy boots on in one so next thing I brought up is if she liked country music and talked about how there was a country bar which. She told me country music like dancing and concerts are her happy place. I told her that my happy place is playing soccer. She told me she played club soccer back in the day too. Praise the lord!!

If she didn't play soccer I would have told her something a long the lines of things were looking so promising, I guess I can overlook this flaw. (I'm not putting her on a pedestal. If she wants me she has to work a bit for me....and it's all in playful fun).