Tinder Discussion for short guys

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I brought that topic up in other threads in the past, but I think it warrants a seperate topic. I've been having quite alot of success with Tinder, but I got to admit being a short guy makes online dating a bit more complicated. Before we get into it there is one premise we need to accept as fact: Height is an important factor in attraction. Now I don't want to fall into that particular rabbit hole right now. I am not saying that short guys can't pull hot girls or be as good at gaming as a tall guy. I am prove that that isnt true, I get more than enough tail, certainly more than my taller non-PUA friends. I think in normal cold approach it's not that big of deal. Who cares if she isn't into you because of your height or because she didn't drink the right coffee that day. But everything is on the table, she knows what you look like, how you come off, and everything, and bases her decision on that. There is little time investiment (you can get blown out of a set in seconds and just move on).
BUT online game is another matter entirely. You often have to spend at least an hour, or two texting and probably a couple of days between initial contact and meet up. In that time you both are going to imagine the other one. And the thing is, if you weren't upfront about it, she is just not gonna imagine you as 5'5 or 5'7 or whatever height you are. So inevitably she is going to be suprised and possibly disappointed when she sees you in all your tiny glory.

Now so far I think there is 4 ways to deal with height in online game:

1. Just have your height (or at least an aproximation) on your profile: Now, I don't think that's a great idea, cause 90% of women are not going to respond to you/not swipe right if you post your height and you're under say 5'8 or 5'9. I am thinking about actually reseting my Tinder profile and testing it out. Right now I get about 200 matches a week, so a discrepancy would be quite noticable. But I'm pretty confident that I would get significantly less matches. I'm pretty certain that's not an efficient way to go about it. But I might actually give it a try.

2. Let her know after initial contact but before the meet up. That's possibly the best way to go about it. She knows to set her expectations accordingly and you don't have to worry about it. But there are two disadvantages: a) You gonna get flakes. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Online game is different than normal game. During cold approach you can get her mind off height, no biggy, but it's hard to stick out in online dating and very easy to flake for the girl b) Just mentioning the height thing means you are aware of it and thats a DLV in itself. You may be able to bring it up naturally during conversation, but it's likely still awkward.
3. Don't mention it at all. That's the way I've been going about it. I am a pretty confident guy and I try to own my height and not worry about it. So why mention it, right? The disadvantages: a) You might meet a really tall girl, maybe even in heels without knowing it. That happened to me twice so far. Both times they were about 6ft and sorry, but that height discrepancy on a blind date is just too much, to not be an elephant in the room. I mean, you can joke about it or ignore it, but you both are gonna think about it. Sure, there are tall girls who don't mind but that's like maybe 1 out of 10, and I'm being generous b) She might be disappointed or even feel cheated, cause she wouldn't have met up with you if she had known your height (same as with us, when a girl is significantly bigger than her pictures let on). I had that one twice for sure and probably a couple of times without knowing it. But it happened to me twice that the girl brought the height thing up. And you know, that's not great. Cause at that point you've been spending time and probably money while if the same thing happens in cold approach you waste a couple of minutes until you know if its on or not. Blind dates take up a whole evening, unless you lemon-law it (which i would never do, cause that's just mean).
4. Screen the girl and only meet shorter girls. That's what I've been trying too recently. I usually like to add them on facebook beforehand and look for group pictures, but honestly mostly you can only tell if she is really short (say less than 5'4 or 5'3) or really tall (above 5'10). I also like to NLP it and ask questions that will likely get her to tell me her height or at least if she is tall or short without actually asking the question outright (again DLV).

So to all the shorties out there. What's your way of dealing with that issue? Do you not think about it, just let them know on your profile or bring it up before the date? I'd also love to hear stories of dates, where it might have come up.

And I know, there is alot of guys who are gonna tell me to not worry about it. And some of you might think its ridiculous that I spent so much time writing that thing out. But you know, there's been written out so much PUA stuff in the past, why not dive into that topic? And as I've said, it's not a make or break thing for me. But it sure is something that comes up when gaming and I think it's a topic worth discussing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:50 am 
English Muffin