Started a fake female profile for research purposes!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:51 am 
New to MPUA Forum

The last girl I was dating happened to be someone I met from online dating, and I remember her mentioning that girls get a ridiculous number of messages all the time.
For research purposes, I decided to start a generic female profile (smoking hot pics with a vague and boring description). Within half an hour of finishing the profile, there were already messages from over 30 different guys, and more are still coming!
I can almost see why most girls don't even bother replying at times because they get pages and pages of messages. Even if you had the best profile/opener in the world, there would still be a possibility that your message could be lost in those pages and never read.

I suppose this goes out to all you experienced PUAs and those who have had great success with online dating.
What do you guys do differently to stand out from the other guys? What are some of the openers that are more successful than others?

Look forward to your responses!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:15 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I did the same thing see my attached screen shot. I made the profile on Friday and by Sunday afternoon I had 83 messages and 400+ meet me requests. Online dating is pretty much hopeless unless your in the top 10% of good looking guys. There's no way you can compete with the the sheer volume of competition.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2015-01-04 19.jpg
Screenshot 2015-01-04 19.jpg [ 147.3 KiB | Viewed 3667 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 pm 

In the summer girls get about 3x as many messages as they get around this time of year. If you want to stand out you need really good pictures. Go see a photographer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:32 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

It kind of works like this:

Put 100 men and 100 women in a sealed room. On each person's forehead, write a random number from 1 to 10, and call that their 'attractiveness'.

They are not able to see the number on their forehead, and no-one will tell them what it is either. The game is to pair up with the highest ranked person of the opposite sex that they can.

Pretty much immediately, any nines and tens are surrounded by huge crowds vying for their attention.

If the crowds flock towards them, they know their score must be pretty damn good. If strangers flee as they approach - not so much.

People will lower their expectations when rebuffed, and raise them when surrounded. If every single person you meet wants to pair with you, you'll probably never settle for less than a ten. And thats how women feel on a site like POF! They get so much attention from guys that they wont settle for anything less the absolute best guy they think they can get. Even if in reality he is way above her!

With the amount of attention they get online they can't help being influenced by this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:05 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
It kind of works like this:

Put 100 men and 100 women in a sealed room. On each person's forehead, write a random number from 1 to 10, and call that their 'attractiveness'.

They are not able to see the number on their forehead, and no-one will tell them what it is either. The game is to pair up with the highest ranked person of the opposite sex that they can.

Pretty much immediately, any nines and tens are surrounded by huge crowds vying for their attention.

If the crowds flock towards them, they know their score must be pretty damn good. If strangers flee as they approach - not so much.

People will lower their expectations when rebuffed, and raise them when surrounded. If every single person you meet wants to pair with you, you'll probably never settle for less than a ten. And thats how women feel on a site like POF! They get so much attention from guys that they wont settle for anything less the absolute best guy they think they can get. Even if in reality he is way above her!

With the amount of attention they get online they can't help being influenced by this.
I call that the coffeeshop effect. if there were 10 guys and 10 girls in a coffee shop, and each one asked out 3 girls, The 7 is going to think she's a 10 and the ugliest girl is going to think she's 3 times hotter than she actually is. Its the same shit,But dudes on dating sites be sending out hundreds of messages every day. the 1s are going to think they're 10s, and the 1/10s are going to think they're 1 in a million. Thats going to be the case as long as you have guys doing the approaching. Thats why your chances of scoring a 10 online BECOME 1 in a million... instead of just 1 in 10 ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:56 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Your profile is pointless and a waste of time...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:49 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

i did the same, but thats when you first join, i recently logged into mine and was on for an hour or so, was still getting messages but not nearly as many as i was. people filter for newest member when they log in,

remember a girl who has been there a while they stop getting tons of messages, just stand out, with message and pics

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:14 pm 
Dedicated Member

You had to make a fake profile to figure out that girls get alot of guys hitting on them online?

The easy answer is to just have pof as a side thing. When you're taking a crap, check it, match a few girls, respond to any messages, very quickly, get the number with in a few replies. Then go out and hit on girls in person. Where the girl can actually see what you are about and you aren't diluted down to just a handful of pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:34 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Then go out and hit on girls in person. Where the girl can actually see what you are about and you aren't diluted down to just a handful of pictures.
And to add to this point, you are also immediately separating yourself from the vast majority of guys hiding behind their screens because they do not and never will have the balls or the skillset to approach.

When you engage with women in the real world, in general you are also showing yourself to be a dominant male. Hint: This is highly attractive to most females.