Do you want to get rid of AA?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

The analogy you try to make between AA and a ride on the rollercoaster is completely wrong. AA is the fear that someone has to get on the rollercoaster. Once you get over that fear and manage to actually sit on the rollercoaster you can start enjoying the ride. The ride on the rollercoaster is you gaming a girl. Nobody wants to have the fear of getting on the rollercoaster. The fear is useless and holding you back of having several great rides.

I do agree though to stop being a pussy and get over AA. But sometimes getting over AA is more than to just stop being a pussy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:03 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I would prefer to not consider getting the courage to talk to a girl as "manning up" and not being a pussy because then you bring sexuality into it and make men who are gay feel like they are not men. Being masculine does not have to be in opposition to femininity.

I would frame it as overcoming anxiety you have internalized through a fear of being rejected. Social rejection is the worst feeling anyone can have. For me it isn't about proving I'm a man, but that failure is always an option and I am not afraid to fail because it still gives me data on my interaction. And many times more important data than a success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:36 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Sometimes when you hear stuff, you say, "okay, that sounds cool," but you don't truly understand it until you see it in a different context.

"If you wish to gain everything, you must be willing to risk losing everything."

Wow...in this story, it really struck a chord with me. I've heard that saying so many times, but didn't truly realize its meaning until now.

The things we really want in life are NEVER easy. It is in our nature to want things that we don't have. Whether it be money, women, or whatever. If it was easy to get money, or girls, then everyone would have it. It wouldn't be satisfying either when we actually got it.

One must embrace his fears, for that very fear is what makes the outcome so god damn fulfilling. Go ahead you pussy, keep wishing you didn't have anxiety. I will take hold of mine, embrace it, love it, and then make it my bitch as i become the man i have always wanted to fucking be.

-My new quote on life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I just want add a follow up to that quote because I see many people focus so much on the "willing to lose everything part" (whether they really are or not) that they get confused when the results are not as expected. So, for on your journey to gaining everything, remember:

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey"

Don't focus on the pain part, but practice accepting (as in agreeing to undertake NOT taking life's beatings as a puss, look up the definition) what has happened and use it to progress yourself forward.