when people call me nerd

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: when people call me nerd
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:18 am 
New to MPUA Forum

sometimes people say to me in a kind way: "you used to be a nerd, don´t you? :)" or something like "you are a little nerd, aren´t you? "

i always become embarassed with this. deep down i don´t like i spend a nerd image, even if nowadays i don´t think nerd is bad. nerd has good things, like frequently more intelligent than average, good general culture, knows good entertainment like movies and games, likes to read, and so on.

but i become very embarassed. i think i have something to work here.

what do you think? feel the same thing? thinks nerds are good, bad, or just is?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:23 am 
The Grand Puba

I like your last choice: Just is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:31 am 
PUA Forum Leader

When someone calls you a nerd they don't relate it to "more intelligent than average." They still very much have that image of a pasty white kid behind his computer or Atari with the curtains pulled over. It's not a good thing especially if they use the words "You're a little nerd, aren't you?"

It's okay to be a nerd... but the impression i'm given by you is that they're putting it entirely negatively. It can be a good thing but the way you describe it is you're the pasty kind of nerd and not the trendy kind that's comfortable in it.

I was a nerd and i'm grand with that. I don't have a deal with it but I don't go around talking about computer games and manga and shit. If someone asks i'll just say "Yep, I was a massive nerd. You wouldn't recognise me!" Then I end up nailing the girl.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:33 am 
New to MPUA Forum

TBH its how your presenting yourself. If people feel that, inside, your insecure about your image.. Their going to punish you as such. On the contrary if you embraced the positive aspects of what you are (instead of labeling it) then they don't have the power to push you around. Chin up homie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Say "yeah for real" and joke about yourself.

Own every situation.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:00 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

^^ Self depricating humour, contrary to common belief, is not a good Idea.

Anyway, do what I do, embrace the image! If you think it's cool, other people think it's cool (this is going into frames of reality). If you have the dominant reality, you'll be that cool guy that no matter what you say people will think it is cool or funny.

Just work on that inner game and everything will be fine.

Motivational infield pickup video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvBXQsPbQ5w

My PUA Journey (2014): http://bit.ly/1yYjtSV
MY PUA Journey (2015): the-342-journal-vol-2-rugby7-vt187356.html
My Workout (Read this): http://bit.ly/1zIQncY

Image Record: 131
Image Record: 124

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

But man, being a nerd there is the best there is! Just tell them some old stories about how you used to be fat or how you played through Pokemon in an entire night or something and move on! No one gives a shit about what you used to be unless you are still some wannabe obese fedora wearing faggot pretending to be "cool" and someone else!

For real, I used to be 100 kgs, fat and spent my entire day playing vidya games... And I do not regret it at all. It is that kind of nerd attiude ad mindset that eventually motivated me to regard other areas of my life as "a project", like a video game you want to beat (like getting fit or getting into PUA) as well and thus got me to improve myself much more systematically and effectively... And at heart, I am still that fat kid from high school who had a lot to offer but was always overseen... Which is also good, because it will add fuel to your game, making you feel like you DESERVE this by now (no Elliot Rodgers).

You know who else used to be a nerd? THIS GUY. THE GREAT ZYZZ. Like, top 100 WoW players in Australia nerdy.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ckY5ZvMV2bQ/U ... zyzz+5.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
sometimes people say to me in a kind way: "you used to be a nerd, don´t you? :)" or something like "you are a little nerd, aren´t you? "

i always become embarassed with this. deep down i don´t like i spend a nerd image, even if nowadays i don´t think nerd is bad. nerd has good things, like frequently more intelligent than average, good general culture, knows good entertainment like movies and games, likes to read, and so on.

Steven Hawking got some Pusey at university (I watched his film last night), play the nerd image to your advantage.come across as someone knowledgable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:33 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:

i get the same thing only instead of nerd, some women think i am gay...

if i was you i would embrace being called a nerd or blow it off like it is no big deal

learn to build self reliance.

PUA memes and pua inspirational pics/videos http://fb.com/Drew.Schroeder.Page

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 am 
PUA Forum Leader

You: "Yeah, ikr, oh shit i forgot my pocket protector today."