Aspergers and Expressing Myself.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:32 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey,

Yeasterday, I tried to go out and have a good time, maybe run into some hot girls. But Housten, we have a problem. I tried approaching a girl, but then kind of got turned off by her, but I chatted he rup anyways. I also didn't know what to say except the obvious. But that is besides the point. My problem is a tad deper than that.

You see, I am trying to figure out how to be "myself". On one hand, I am trying to pull my humor out into the open, which tends to be more.social commentary (like Doug Stanhope or George Carlin), but as for other interests, I feel awkward if I share them. I have no problem talking to older chaps, shooting the breeze and such, but when it comes to most my peers, especially women, I don't know what to say. To some of my more intellectually driven friends , I tend to me more real, but around others, I feel like I have to go from a "Core 2 Duo mindset" to a "Pentium 2 mindset". I can BS about the breeze and their likes and dislikes, but I just feel like there are not many of my type out there. I like investing , economics, business, finance, learning, electronics, computers, programming, I want to maybe take up Salsa, I like traveling (went to Al Gonquin Canada), baseball, sports memrobillia, fishing a little,writing, hustling, philosophy, coming up with revolutionary ideas, reading, I tend to be an idealist, and an occasional comic (mostly graphic novels). I am a pacifist, Christian, Anarchist, an idealist, a dreamer, try to tKe the high road, etc. Idk. I just feel kind of like a derivatives brokers out in the boonies. There is no need for it, and I am stuck here. I am looking for work, but the results have been soso. So I guess my thesis question is how do I be me, yet open myself up without acting like a weirdo (I tend to obsess about particulars and tend to think quiet a bit) and be myself, yet not be thinking all the time ? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hey,

Yeasterday, I tried to go out and have a good time, maybe run into some hot girls. But Housten, we have a problem. I tried approaching a girl, but then kind of got turned off by her, but I chatted he rup anyways. I also didn't know what to say except the obvious. But that is besides the point. My problem is a tad deper than that.

You see, I am trying to figure out how to be "myself". On one hand, I am trying to pull my humor out into the open, which tends to be more.social commentary (like Doug Stanhope or George Carlin), but as for other interests, I feel awkward if I share them. I have no problem talking to older chaps, shooting the breeze and such, but when it comes to most my peers, especially women, I don't know what to say. To some of my more intellectually driven friends , I tend to me more real, but around others, I feel like I have to go from a "Core 2 Duo mindset" to a "Pentium 2 mindset". I can BS about the breeze and their likes and dislikes, but I just feel like there are not many of my type out there. I like investing , economics, business, finance, learning, electronics, computers, programming, I want to maybe take up Salsa, I like traveling (went to Al Gonquin Canada), baseball, sports memrobillia, fishing a little,writing, hustling, philosophy, coming up with revolutionary ideas, reading, I tend to be an idealist, and an occasional comic (mostly graphic novels). I am a pacifist, Christian, Anarchist, an idealist, a dreamer, try to tKe the high road, etc. Idk. I just feel kind of like a derivatives brokers out in the boonies. There is no need for it, and I am stuck here. I am looking for work, but the results have been soso. So I guess my thesis question is how do I be me, yet open myself up without acting like a weirdo (I tend to obsess about particulars and tend to think quiet a bit) and be myself, yet not be thinking all the time ? Thanks.
Religion is probably your issue here. It's a very hypocritical brain-washing fairy tale device used to limit humans cognitive abilities. You really want to express yourself? Lose the religion and think outside of the box.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Sorry about the aspergers man. I've known a few people with autism and I know how hard it can be to socialize.

Hustling sounds interesting, maybe places you've gone fishing. Don't be afraid to go after the nerdier chicks - they'll probably have a lot more in common with you. IME they're pretty receptive to social contact, just make sure to lead them and not let them use ya.

Idealism can be good but only if it's either popular idealism (the people vs. the rich etc.) or the person has an open mind (very rare). If you're not averse to some social manipulation you can spin an opinion you don't believe in (popular idealism) and put some positive energy and passion into it.

Newbie 2c.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I actually DO have a form of autism. What's more, over a year I've become great at verbal game. It would interest you to know that I'm also VERY genuine.

First of all, you're labelling yourself negatively. It took me literally 1 night sarging to dispel a lifetime of negative beliefs about my so-called hinderances. It will feel incredibly liberating, believe me!

You also say that you feel awkward about sharing interests? That's like saying "I like playing bassguitar, but I'm too embarrassed to admit it." A lot of AFC's seem to think that they need to lie to a girl to get somewhere.

Believe me, if you want a girl to open up and be genuine towards you, then you should be genuine in return! You shouldn't care if people think you're weird or not. Think this way; I AM WHO I AM, YOU CAN TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Seriously dude, the amount of liberation you'll feel from being open and honest is awesome! I can name a few times I've been on dates or just talking to girls, etc, and told them about stupid things (ie. me falling into a canal drunk and almost dying, my habits of talking to myself). I walk into mainstream clubs with my stupid-ass mutton chops and a beard like Ben Carter (Evile's drummer) and tell everyone about my thrash-metal band... they don't give a fucking hoot about anything! And it's all genuine!

If anything, you have an advantage because you have all these different unique interests in your favour.

Do YOU live in Manchester, England! If so, please Facebook my email :) cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:49 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Website: http://www.from-pickup-sexual-addiction-to-redemption.com
Quote:
Hey,

Hey man!

I'm very glad that you've spoken up and shared your problem because I can definitely relate to
your situation of desperately searching for the right path to living your life to the fullest while
being the best version of yourself.

Having gone through exactly the same kind of shit where for years I was waking up each
morning very anxious, empty and insecure while desperately wanting to know how to effortlessly
live my true passions and be the best version of myself, I'm now happy to be in the position to
help you find your desired inner peace about this matter.

There're two important steps that you should take to get in the right direction when wanting
to be the best version of yourself:

1. You need to immediately stop doing everything that makes you feel under pressure
or feel forced into doing it, because chances are that what you've been busy with so far in
your life are not the things that you really and truly love and enjoy. If you did truly love it
and enjoy it, you'd feel so much at ease that you'd do it as effortlessly as 1-2-3.

If you don't stop forcing yourself into doing what you don't truly enjoy and what
constantly makes you feel anxious and under pressure, you'll most likely get stuck
in an addiction. I'll tell you more about how I ended up being a sexual addict with
the symptoms of two most common and dangerous personality disorders among
men who're busy boldly approaching random women just to pick them up and have
sex with them later in this post.

2. You need to invest some time and effort in pinpointing your true passions
in life, because without living your true passions you will definitely stay being extremely
unhappy and anxious.

As for identifying your true passions, I'd warmly recommend that you read the bestselling
book "The Passion Test: The Effortless Path To Discovering Your Life Purpose" (by Chris
and Janet Attwood) that hugely enlightened me to the experience of my own breakthrough on
the same matter.

When it comes to knowing what you need to change and why you need to change it in order to
stop being stuck in your anxiety and constantly feeling under pressure with regards to both
improving your relationships with women and reaching your overall true happiness in your every
day life, I'm now going to try to inspire you to start thinking in the right direction of getting
there as soon as possible.

A good way for me to inspire you to start thinking in the right direction is to share with you
one of my favorite Bruce Lee's quotes that says:

"We do not become, we simply are."

Chances are that what initially pushed you into that frustrating situation of being extremely
unhappy with your current life situation are most likely the following two things:

a) trying very hard to become somebody who you are not while desperately trying to
adopt and live by the model of behavior that doesn't really suit your true personality, and

b) getting seduced into believing that picking up an endless number of women just to have
sex with them is really something that you could call part of your true happiness or passion,
while in fact, this very activity is nothing but part of a pure obsession that you don't truly
enjoy and that in the first place you've subconsciously got forced to believe that you should
enjoy no matter what, because somebody taught you that this is the way of how you become
that ideal alpha man.

What I'm trying to point out to you here is that like many other guys including myself who ended up
in the pickup arts community mainly because our self esteem got badly hurt sometime during our early
age and all we're now trying to do is just lift it up or fix it through gaining a kind of sexual gratification
based on sleeping with as many women as possible in our lifetime, you seem to be stuck in exactly
the same kind of situation.

Before I go on telling you a little bit of my story, let me ask you a simple question.

Have you ever asked yourself that important "Do I really enjoy it?" question
when trying to attract and pick up women?

Asking myself this question was a huge light bulb moment in my life, because it helped me realize
that everything I was doing in the area of attracting and picking up women for years was purely
the result of just acting under the pressure - the unnecessary pressure of constantly forcing myself
into doing what I didn't really love and enjoy at all.

What made me keep forcing myself to boldly approach random women just to pick them up as my
sexual objects was both my initial belief that doing it was part of my true passion and also my
adopted pickup arts conditioning that was constantly pushing me into my sexual advances with
random women just for the sake of not feeling guilty of missing out on any pickup opportunities
when I get back home later.

Guess what. I was wrong when trying to identify my true passion.

All my sexual advances that I was constantly forcing myself into were a pure obsession that
I now like to call my false passion.

My pickup and sex obsession started mainly as the outcome of dating related peer pressure
from my childhood.

I got stuck in this obsession for two reasons:

a) I initially didn't fit in the social circles of my peers because I didn't really like most of
their behaviors, and

b) my inner resistance toward the peer pressure grew so much that I gradually got myself
into thinking of creating my own international playboy lifestyle surrounded by the most
beautiful women that I'd have lots of fun and sex with for the rest of my life.

As a result, my pickup and sex obsession got me stuck in a long-term sexual addiction with
the symptoms of the two most common men's mental disorders known as borderline personality
disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.

Now here's an important thing that I'd really like you to understand.

The situation where you feel anxious and reserved about approaching random women is actually
not a bad thing. Let me explain.

Your approach anxiety is like your guardian angel protecting you from getting stuck in the kind
of obsession I told you about a minute ago. It's there to protect you from getting in the bad habit
of constantly feeling under pressure of having to necessarily approach and pick up random women
wherever you go. It's also there to protect you from being fed up with and feeling guilty of missing
out on the opportunities to approach and pick up women.

Here're two reasons why your approach anxiety is your best friend and why you should not try
to beat it or overcome it in any way:

1) Again, your approach anxiety is there to save you from getting trapped in the situation that
you wouldn't naturally feel comfortable with and wouldn't really enjoy it in a long run. By the way,
I'm saying "in a long run" because most of us when we get stuck in chasing an obsession,
we're seduced to believe that what we're doing is really something that we fully love and enjoy
doing.

2) Trying to beat your approach anxiety by getting in the habit of boldly approaching
as many random women in a day as possible is not only a form of validation seeking but
also something that will push you into an endless out-of-control, self destructive and
compulsive sexual behaviors that are characteristic of the behaviors of guys who suffer
from borderline and narcissistic personality disorders.

By the way, I'm neither a psychiatrist nor a psychologist but just a guy like you who got
involved in the pickup community just to learn the game while never thinking of any mental
health dangers as the result of doing it.

Today I'm proud to say that I have a solid knowledge about the two most common men's
mental heath disorders that come purely as the outcome of practising the pua game: borderline
personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.

As you can guess, I got into the trouble of learning about these mental disorders because my
severe approach anxiety (that I'd never ever experienced before) was getting worse and worse
and making me feel so distressed even at the times I was about to just take a short trip to my
local supermarket to buy something that I really felt I was not only losing my mental health but
also losing my whole self at such a fast speed that was out of my control.

In short, my one year long mental health educational journey got me to learn the 3 main
causes of all my pains and struggles linked with being involved in the game:

a) the first thing that got me in the habit of constantly pushing myself to boldly approach random
women in different social situations was my approach anxiety, because my approach anxiety
subconsciously became my main motivational trigger that was making me boldly approach
random women especially in high-risk social situations.

The more approach anxiety I felt, the more encouraged and motivated I was to approach a
random woman no matter what kind of situation she was in and who she was potentially with
at the time.

b) the second thing that got me in the same unhealthy habit of constantly forcing myself to
boldly approach any random woman that I was sexually attracted to was an abnormal sense
of entitlement. I later realized that I'd absorbed this sense of entitlement and got it to become
part of my personality through the process of learning the game since most pua trainers often
teach guys to feel entitled to freely approach any woman they like.

As the result of my mental health research, I learned that one of the main behavioral traits
of the guys who suffer from narcissistic personality disorder is exactly the same kind of
unhealthy sense of entitlement when boldly approaching random women anywhere they go.

c) the self-destructive habit of constantly forcing myself to boldly approach random women
in dangerous, high-risk situations is one of the main behavioral traits of sociopaths and the
guys who suffer from borderline personality disorder.

In short, the most common symptom of the men suffering from borderline personality disorder
is boldly engaging in dangerous life situations. In terms of dating and picking up women, this
refers to any kind of out-of-control, compulsive sexual behavior where a man often stupidly
exposes himself to an unnecessary risk or danger of getting harmed in one way or another,
because he starts to feel guilty if he doesn't take the challenge of getting himself involved
in such situation.

By the way, what I've just shared with you are also the symptoms of sexual addiction.

So, this is exactly how my initial pickup and sex obsession turned into a long-term sexual
addiction with the symptoms of borderline and narcissistic personality disorders.

And, here's the conclusion I got to after I finally got myself out of this whole trouble.

I got stuck in the vicious circle of anxiety-driven, out-of-control, compulsive sexual behaviors
around meeting women for years purely because of my childhood's hurt self-esteem that I
desperately wanted to lift up by sleeping with as many women in my entire lifetime as possible
just to be able to defiantly show off to my peers how sexually powerful and successful with
women I was.

The bottom line is this: You're very likely to end up both being constantly unhappy with yourself
and getting addicted to doing various unnecessary things that you don't really love and enjoy when
you don't follow and live your true passions which are the things that you actually love and enjoy.
Once you start living closely aligned with your true passions, you'll end up waking up every morning
super excited and fulfilled while having both that important clarity of what your next steps are and
a clear vision of your dream success. As a result, your desired inner peace will naturally fall into
place.

Hope this post helps you realize how you go about being your best self.

God bless you!

Bruno